Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

I don't mind 'sharing' our Army shit with the Marines, but why is it the Marines need to come to the Army to get their shit? What is the problem with the Marine budget? By the way, Army units stole from other Army units also...
they still get hand me downs from the army, certain vehicles, etc...

shit i see M16s all the time still on MCAGCC, 5ton vehicles, granted I also see the M27 IAR which is a USMC only SAW like weapon.

longer bootcamp, longer range for Table 1 for qualifying, longer PT run, etc...everything in the marines is designed to embrace the suck IMO (i grew up my entire childhood in USMC base housing for hte most part), which is part of why they tend to be the most combat effective in squad operations.

START Treaty says otherwise.

Good point, but once those missiles and warheads are used you can replace them. I would think there would need to be some financial planning ahead for that to happen. I don't think the current AF budget reflects that. Hopefully it will not come to that. I personally think it won't.

The ones who were strafed by friendly fire during the Gulf War.

No shit! Where you one of those guys? Fuck! I would love to find the pilot and give him some of his own medicine. Than again, having to live with yourself after killing a few friendly troops is enough of a burden to carry for the rest of your life. Did someone fuck up on calling in the grid coordinates or was the pilot on lookout for enemy troops?

Longer bootcamp, longer range for Table 1 for qualifying, longer PT run, etc...everything in the marines is designed to embrace the suck IMO.

I hear you. I wish the U.S. Army would spend more time in marksmanship training like the U.S. Marines do, and with all that said you guys are now putting women in the middle of the mix.

I hear you. I wish the U.S. Army would spend more time in marksmanship training like the U.S. Marines do, and with all that said you guys are now putting women in the middle of the mix.
haha that aint me
i was in the army, i am a Transition Advisor (civilian) on this base. I teach ACAP essentially

haha that aint me. i was in the army, i am a Transition Advisor (civilian) on this base. i grew up my entire childhood in USMC base housing for hte most part.

So, your dad was in the Marine Corps and you grew up in Marine Corps bases but decided to join the U.S. Army? What did your dad have to say about that? 29 Palms, the place sucks. I've been reading about all the trainee hazing and suicides. Some real fucked up DIs in that place.

So, your dad was in the Marine Corps and you grew up in Marine Corps bases but decided to join the U.S. Army? What did your dad have to say about that? 29 Palms, the place sucks. I've been reading about all the trainee hazing and suicides. Some real fucked up DIs in that place.
Yes, my dad and stepdad were both career marines
My younger bro joined the marines outta hs (mortarmen) got seriously wounded in Najaf in 04. Partly due to that, my dad didn't have an issue as he didn't want to see two sons potentially messed up.

Plus he said essentially this: If you want to join the military, join one of the other 3 branches or the Coast Guard. If you want to be a Marine, join the Marines....(he's a retired SgtMaj).

Plus he said essentially this: If you want to join the military, join one of the other 3 branches or the Coast Guard.

Sorry to hear about your brother. I don't see how joining the U.S. Army would make you any safer. Kind of like how guys would leave Active Duty to join the National Guard thinking they would be safe from a deployment only to find that their new unit was deploying. Unless the Infantry (11B) was not your MOS.

Sorry to hear about your brother. I don't see how joining the U.S. Army would make you any safer. Kind of like how guys would leave Active Duty to join the National Guard thinking they would be safe from a deployment only to find that their new unit was deploying. Unless the Infantry (11B) was not your MOS.
I was a 92F, but i was in an Infantry unit

Funny story, they made me train and pass the EIB tests despite the fact that I am not eligible to wear it. Same for EFMB. good times?

I was a 92F, but i was in an Infantry unit. Funny story, they made me train and pass the EIB tests despite the fact that I am not eligible to wear it. Same for EFMB. good times?

92F, I had to look that up. Indeed, getting the CIB is easier than getting the EIB. For the CIB you just show up for the party. For the EIB you actually have to work for it. The EIB is actually not all that difficult. It should be a requirement for all U.S. Army Infantry soldiers. The hardest part for me was actually shooting expert at the range. If you are having a bad day or a shitty weapon it will fuck up your whole test. Now the EFMB is a worthwhile badge. Medical and you can save lives. Something you can use outside the military. Why the fuck would they make a 92F go through both qualifications if you can't wear the badge? MOS restriction?

92F, I had to look that up. Indeed, getting the CIB is easier than getting the EIB. For the CIB you just show up for the party. For the EIB you actually have to work for it. The EIB is actually not all that difficult. It should be a requirement for all U.S. Army Infantry soldiers. The hardest part for me was actually shooting expert at the range. If you are having a bad day or a shitty weapon it will fuck up your whole test. Now the EFMB is a worthwhile badge. Medical and you can save lives. Something you can use outside the military. Why the fuck would they make a 92F go through both qualifications if you can't wear the badge? MOS restriction?
I was the Training Nco as a CPL, they nominated me for like everything I think b/c they knew at least I wouldn't fail
I had nine additional duties at one pt, it was absurd

Is the Driftwood still around for those in Lejeune? Back in 97-00 it had the best girls.

Is the Driftwood still around for those in Lejeune? Back in 97-00 it had the best girls.
Still there. I'm not sure about it having the best girls though...

That was one of the main selling points of joining the Navy.

what yall know about Big Louie's outside Ft Leonard Wood?

worst dancers I've personally ever seen haha. Good times

At least it isn't Toby's
Hah, that was the go to place for boots at SOI.
La Mirage was the "best" but that's not saying much. There was also Cherry's out by the Snead's Ferry gate.

Hah, that was the go to place for boots at SOI.
La Mirage was the "best" but that's not saying much. There was also Cherry's out by the Snead's Ferry gate.
SoCo was the GOAT seedy shit hole. BYOB and would send a van to the barracks for parties of 4+ and stop at the 7 day store so you could get booze.

They got shut down for selling cocain and prostitution in 07

f4e38a2b85c62ff6f5d2e184faac335e--funny-military-military-memes.jpg

Good point, but once those missiles and warheads are used you can replace them. I would think there would need to be some financial planning ahead for that to happen. I don't think the current AF budget reflects that. Hopefully it will not come to that. I personally think it won't.

There are Downstages (rocket motors) and weapons at each ICBM base. On top of that you have guidance and other aerospace vechicle equipment that goes into building up an ICBM. The question isn't whether there is enough of that "stuff" but a question of if there is enough manpower to accomplish rebuilds after multiple launches.

Edit: And specialized vehicles.
mm-transporter-erector-image01.jpg

pix061311transporter.jpg

The question isn't whether there is enough of that "stuff" but a question of if there is enough manpower to accomplish rebuilds after multiple launches. Edit: And specialized vehicles.

I would think manpower to be the least of your problems. If anything I would think the U.S. Air Force would hire contractors. Is that first truck carrying a mobile missile? Putting 'U.S. Air Force' on the side is not very smart. Do you know if Oklahoma has any missile silos?

Have you seen this? U.S. Air Force silos for sale in the U.S.:

Link: http://www.hardenedstructures.com/bunkers-for-Sale.php
Bunkers-for-Sale-image-9.jpg

Back