Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

This guy I began working with is claiming multiple unauthorized jumps, i.e. not havin been airborne qualified.

I recently read in the Army Times about some NCO from 82nd that was caught forging qualifications and falsifying jump logs.
How common do you think that is, that someone makes "multiple unauthorized" jumps?

Forging an Airborne certificate - I have not really heard of that I have seen a couple of "odd" things during my time in the 82nd. I could see it happening though. Fake jumps are routine or completely forbidden depending on a number of circumstances. In my time in the 82nd - things were a little different than today with our nonstop 12 months+ rotations.

Honestly - I would call B.S. if some random person said they jumped w/o actually being qualified. Just a general baseline that is very rare.

He said he jumped - he would know the names of DZ's, you don't forget that, or the basic commands - Standby, stand up, check equipment, every joe knows the order, especially an 82nd guy. Or what chute he was under, T-10D, T-11, most likely. If you want to hit him up, he would know the BCT's by name 3/325 Blue Falcons ect.

I don't know, if you want to ping him a little.

Forging an Airborne certificate - I have not really heard of that I have seen a couple of "odd" things during my time in the 82nd. I could see it happening though. Fake jumps are routine or completely forbidden depending on a number of circumstances. In my time in the 82nd - things were a little different than today with our nonstop 12 months+ rotations.

Honestly - I would call B.S. if some random person said they jumped w/o actually being qualified. Just a general baseline that is very rare.
Thanks. My gut feeling was strong signal of BS, but wanted to get some opinions.
I work as a social worker and evaluate for trauma pertaining to benefits and so forth, so I'm typically cynical about wild stories.

He said he jumped - he would know the names of DZ's, you don't forget that, or the basic commands - Standby, stand up, check equipment, every joe knows the order, especially an 82nd guy. Or what chute he was under, T-10D, T-11, most likely. If you want to hit him up, he would know the BCT's by name 3/325 Blue Falcons ect.

I don't know, if you want to ping him a little.
Pinging wouldn't go over well- this dude is super labile and wouldn't even shake my hand during introduction. I sometimes see that when there's is something to hide, there is quite a bit of aggression.

Pinging wouldn't go over well- this dude is super labile and wouldn't even shake my hand during introduction. I sometimes see that when there's is something to hide, there is quite a bit of aggression.

Right on brother, thanks for doing what you do.

For any USMC vets in here I just got put on the HSST list don't have anything from stopping me either . So I'm either going Drill Instructor or Recruiting. Just trying to get a different perspective from guys long since out.

For any USMC vets in here I just got put on the HSST list don't have anything from stopping me either . So I'm either going Drill Instructor or Recruiting.
Congratulations man. Either way you are going to be one busy bastard.

Haze the shit out of those recruits.

Congratulations man. Either way you are going to be one busy bastard.

Haze the shit out of those recruits.
I'm in great shape, but oh my God I do not have the patience for Drill. I would rather run a Marathon than Teach or do Drill.

I'm in great shape, but oh my God I do not have the patience for Drill. I would rather run a Marathon than Teach or do Drill.

I had a bro that did recruiting duty for the USAF. He said it was the best job the AF had.

United States Army
1/87th 10th Mountain Div Ft. Drum, NY
11B light infantry
SAW Gunner and Rifle team leader (Corporal)
Combat Infantry Badge
Air Assault Wings
Afghanistan - Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Anaconda

I had a bro that did recruiting duty for the USAF. He said it was the best job the AF had.

Recruiting is a crapshoot for Marines I have buddies that have had successful tours and loved it and on the Flipside Buddies that have ha good tours and wanted to kill themselves.

For any USMC vets in here I just got put on the HSST list don't have anything from stopping me either . So I'm either going Drill Instructor or Recruiting. Just trying to get a different perspective from guys long since out.

Can you go to Raider selection?

I've worked with them enough to learn it's a good job, and seemingly, only getting better.

Recruiting is a crapshoot for Marines I have buddies that have had successful tours and loved it and on the Flipside Buddies that have ha good tours and wanted to kill themselves.
It destroyed a friend of mine's marriage. He spent too much time away from the home trying to get those numbers.

Another was fucking poolees and got DDed... also ruined his marriage.

United States Army
1/87th 10th Mountain Div Ft. Drum, NY
11B light infantry
SAW Gunner and Rifle team leader (Corporal)
Combat Infantry Badge
Air Assault Wings
Afghanistan - Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Anaconda

Fuck man it's been some time but 1/87 - nicknamed Murder Battalion, right?

I had a Croatation buddy in 10th mountain during Anaconda. Crazy times.

Jeez!

Can you go to Raider selection?

I've worked with them enough to learn it's a good job, and seemingly, only getting better.

That is a younger Marines game bro, plus I'm pretty sure they swim a lot and the screening isn't all that easy.

It destroyed a friend of mine's marriage. He spent too much time away from the home trying to get those numbers.

Another was fucking poolees and got DDed... also ruined his marriage.

It's a good thing I'm already happily divorced then.

Hours suck dude. The one Buddy that had a rough time but was a good recruiter did it in the time where they needed to plus up the Force they got a lot of pressure from above and he told me he had a lot of arguments because they were having to put in a lot of kids that were definitely a No thanks.

27336398_2040476272862871_5826363665392017756_n.png.jpg
Nah dude, first marines typically don't insult CCT/PJs whom wear red berets because they generally know fuck all about them.

Well than, let the Army return fire. :)

Back