Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Fuck man it's been some time but 1/87 - nicknamed Murder Battalion, right?

I had a Croatation buddy in 10th mountain during Anaconda. Crazy times.

I believe that's a self-proclaimed nickname, but we joked about that correlation... in the end that's what the infantry boils down to.
Anaconda was an experience; especially for that early in the war, the history of Shah-I-Kot Valley, terrain and elevation, and the other fucked up events related to the mission.
Honestly, makes my back hurt thinking about it! LOL

Hours suck dude. The one Buddy that had a rough time but was a good recruiter did it in the time where they needed to plus up the Force they got a lot of pressure from above and he told me he had a lot of arguments because they were having to put in a lot of kids that were definitely a No thanks.

I know what you mean. I had this one subordinate and he was just not....

Right.

I saw the commandant of the schoolhouse at a conference and I asked him "Sir, I'm Airman X's supervisor. And.."

The next words out of his mouth were "MSgt, I'm sorry... I'm so sorry."

I said "How did he make it through Tech school??" This was right after 9-11.

He said "The word came down from the TOP level. "If they're in, they stay IN. PERIOD."

SMH

Right.

I saw the commandant of the schoolhouse at a conference and I asked him "Sir, I'm Airman X's supervisor. And.."

He said "The word came down from the TOP level. "If they're in, they stay IN. PERIOD."

SMH

As of right now we get more leeway now to recommend that guys cannot hang and should be separated feels like stuff is back to normal. A few years ago, not so much.

Right.

SMH
From
My experience that shit doesn’t happen now a day. At least not from my afsc in the AF. A lot of times it’s straightforward whether it’s reclass or separation. But there’s always the few time where the first Sgt, ADA or commander get too involved and forced us to keep a guy that could be utilized better in some other afsc or at a Burger King.

<Fedor23>

From
My experience that shit doesn’t happen now a day. At least not from my afsc in the AF. A lot of times it’s straightforward whether it’s reclass or separation. But there’s always the few time where the first Sgt, ADA or commander get too involved and forced us to keep a guy that could be utilized better in some other afsc or at a Burger King.

<Fedor23>

Yeah, I had to put in a ton of work but he wound up getting separated. I'd rather him be at home with his folks in the U.S. than him getting his head hacked off on video in some back-alley in Kabul.

From

<Fedor23>

I wonder if the AF gets more flexibility because of their recruiting/retention numbers? Maybe that allows more options for the commander.

Right now for instance, the army is struggling to make it's quota - boom, can't DX a guy. Obviously the "surge" era was a time when a lot of things would be overlooked, asvab, felonies, performance ect. But we needed people to do 15 month deployments, over and over.

Anyways now you can read about what my community is struggling with and it's all about the numbers. We need more, and we're not getting nearly enough. When just 2 years ago we were kicking senior qualified guys to the curb for a DUI they had 7-8 years ago.

I wonder if the AF gets more flexibility because of their recruiting/retention numbers? Maybe that allows more options for the commander.

Right now for instance, the army is struggling to make it's quota - boom, can't DX a guy. Obviously the "surge" era was a time when a lot of things would be overlooked, asvab, felonies, performance ect. But we needed people to do 15 month deployments, over and over.

Anyways now you can read about what my community is struggling with and it's all about the numbers. We need more, and we're not getting nearly enough. When just 2 years ago we were kicking senior qualified guys to the curb for a DUI they had 7-8 years ago.
AF was doing the same thing a few years ago. Offering early retirement or separation for a lump sum of money. Once they didn’t get their projected numbers doing that they started kicking people out based on past admin action or Evaluation performance.

I stood in the gymnasium at Vandenberg AFB in 2014 as the Chief master seargent of the AF said “if you don’t want to be in the AF, you can leave.”
Pretty straight talk.

SOF Truths
  • Humans are more important than Hardware.
  • Quality is better than Quantity.
  • Special Operations Forces cannot be mass produced.
  • Competent Special Operations Forces cannot be created after emergencies occur.
  • Most Special Operations require non-SOF assistance
Apparently, our own senior folks have forgotten the most basic shit

SOF Truths
  • Humans are more important than Hardware.
  • Quality is better than Quantity.
  • Special Operations Forces cannot be mass produced.
  • Competent Special Operations Forces cannot be created after emergencies occur.
  • Most Special Operations require non-SOF assistance
Apparently, our own senior folks have forgotten the most basic shit

Yeah, it tends to happen when you hit O-6 and above. It's all about politics and kissing ass.

27332465_1538972056150763_1928348206615733999_n.jpg

Retarded thinking like this gutted the USMC of experience and highly skilled Marines all because these old fucks can't handle the next generation's preferences for appearance. Bunch of retarded cunts.

But seriously fuck this dude. He is wasting potential Marines and current leaders over pointless aesthetics. Just a dumb cunt.

https://taskandpurpose.com/marine-commandant-opens-controversial-tattoo-policy/

That said, he’s not inclined to give in on one of the most common requests from inked-up Marines.

“I’m not doing sleeves; I’m not,” he said. “My wife [D’Arcy Neller] disagrees with me, she thinks I’m stupid. She says, ‘How can you judge them on their ink?’ I said, ‘I don’t judge them; I just don’t want them being Marines.'”

But seriously fuck this dude. He is wasting potential Marines and current leaders over pointless aesthetics. Just a dumb cunt.

https://taskandpurpose.com/marine-commandant-opens-controversial-tattoo-policy/

Honestly it's archaic man. It's this adage that previous soldiers, or Marines orwhatever, were better prior to OIF/OEF, because the standards were higher? Or that previous generations (80s/90s) were more well trained. The worst case is that the tattoos actually equate to job performance. The first two points I disagree with, are things different? Yes. Is it all better? No. But I was there when the IEDs and insurgent warfare became prevalent, there's no way we were ready for that at all, we were not as great as we predicted we were, my opinion no offense to those who were in during those times - the invasion guys did phenomenal in many aspects. In a broader sense even our commanding generals were fucked in their management of the battle space. For the general guy, honestly how many rounds did soldier fire on the training range during the Clinton years? I've had team Sargent's point blank say even SF ODAs wouldn't get more than a few hundred annually.

We're better now, complaints aside.

Yet we are constantly seeking to return to some reenvisioned past time.

Honestly, what that Marine said about tattoos and his opinion is fucking insulting. Fuck him.

I'm sleeved out, when I'm in an embassy I wear a suit. When I'm in a place where they need to be covered for operational reasons, they are.

Drunken tdy rant I'm off the soapbox.

Honestly it's archaic man. It's this adage that previous soldiers, or Marines orwhatever, were better prior to OIF/OEF, because the standards were higher? Or that previous generations (80s/90s) were more well trained. The worst case is that the tattoos actually equate to job performance. The first two points I disagree with, are things different? Yes. Is it all better? No. But I was there when the IEDs and insurgent warfare became prevalent, there's no way we were ready for that at all, we were not as great as we predicted we were, my opinion no offense to those who were in during those times - the invasion guys did phenomenal in many aspects. In a broader sense even our commanding generals were fucked in their management of the battle space. For the general guy, honestly how many rounds did soldier fire on the training range during the Clinton years? I've had team Sargent's point blank say even SF ODAs wouldn't get more than a few hundred annually.

We're better now, complaints aside.

Yet we are constantly seeking to return to some reenvisioned past time.

Honestly, what that Marine said about tattoos and his opinion is fucking insulting. Fuck him.

I'm sleeved out, when I'm in an embassy I wear a suit. When I'm in a place where they need to be covered for operational reasons, they are.

Drunken tdy rant I'm off the soapbox.

Ink doesn't make or break a Marine, unless outdated mindsets get free reign.

Ink doesn't make or break a Marine, unless outdated mindsets get free reign.

On that aspect it's literally part of the lifestyle we're not goddamn banker's. What's the actual no shit primary job of a 0311 or 11B?

To close width and destroy the enemy.

I think tattoos and fighting should be encouraged, matter of fact if either of those bother you, you shouldn't be in the infantry.

On that aspect it's literally part of the lifestyle we're not goddamn banker's. What's the actual no shit primary job of a 0311 or 11B?

To close width and destroy the enemy.

I think tattoos and fighting should be encouraged, matter of fact if either of those bother you, you shouldn't be in the infantry.
Tattoos are god damned naval tradition. Tattoo culture came from sailors and this fuck wants to piss it away.

Ink doesn't make or break a Marine.

Got that right, but Neller is saying you can have 70% of your body tattooed and be a Marine. Not really my area but I think the regulation pertains to face, neck, and arms. This young lady is shit out of luck. She wanted to join but failed the tattoo requirement. Its all gone to shit anyway. Gays serving openly, women in the Infantry, and this idiot. "Sikh U.S. Army Captain allowed to wear beard and turban in uniform". Yeah, no tattoos, but a beard and a turban is ok. How do you get a uniform look with that exception? I'm glad I retired when I did.

Got that right, but Neller is saying you can have 70% of your body tattooed and be a Marine. Not really my area but I think the regulation pertains to face, neck, and arms. This young lady is shit out of luck. She wanted to join but failed the tattoo requirement. Its all gone to shit anyway. Gays serving openly, women in the Infantry, and this idiot. "Sikh U.S. Army Captain allowed to wear beard and turban in uniform". Yeah, no tattoos, but a beard and a turban is ok. How do you get a uniform look with that exception? I'm glad I retired when I did.

She passes my criteria.

She passes my criteria.

Yeah, the Army gets these two 'dork' Ranger qualified (lol) Lieutenants and the Marines had Sergeant Shannon Ihrke. Life is never fair. Imagine Ihrke as your Squad or Team leader.

calendar2014_12_1000w_01-768x989.jpg

Back