Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

My friend was on this op and didn't get shit for it.

Four Royal Marines strapped to an Apache helicopter? Crazy. Why not use a UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter or a MH-6M Little Bird?
519861324651004.jpg

Four Royal Marines strapped to an Apache helicopter? Crazy. Why not use a UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter or a MH-6M Little Bird?
519861324651004.jpg

i was on that op at the time (not on the helo extraction the next morning). We had v limited logistics down there, too hot for rotary wing other than apache support...not a chance they'd have risked a helo transport for the location

I was on that op at the time (not on the helo extraction the next morning). We had v limited logistics down there, too hot for rotary wing other than apache support...not a chance they'd have risked a helo transport for the location.

Ok, that is some crazy shit alright. I did not even know an Apache (AH-64) could fly properly with soldiers strapped to the side. So, you are risking 8 men to save one. We (Americans) lost 16 men in the attempted rescue of 2 U.S. Navy SEALs during Operation Red Wings - 2005. A whole Chinook (MH-47) was brought down by an RPG.

Ok, that is some crazy shit alright. I did not even know an Apache (AH-64) could fly properly with soldiers strapped to the side. So, you are risking 8 men to save one. We (Americans) lost 16 men in the attempted rescue of 2 U.S. Navy SEALs during Operation Red Wings - 2005. A whole Chinook (MH-47) was brought down by an RPG.

Basically the night before we conducted a quick deception attack with 14 of us to the flank of a massive enemy force, and 8 hours later attack from the other flank with about 80 of us and air support and light armor.

The plan was that the deception attack would force them to spread their defences to the other side later in the day...it didnt work and we instantly got all kinds of fucked up and had to pull back.

@Lastofthemohican
We (Americans) lost 16 men in the attempted rescue of 2 U.S. Navy SEALs during Operation Red Wings - 2005. A whole Chinook (MH-47) was brought down by a RPG.

Clip above. Yeah, Operation Red Wings was plagued with problems from the moment those SEALs hit the ground. The rescue was another 'fuck-up' by the U.S. Army helicopters. The Apaches (AH-64) actually fly slower than the Chinooks (MH-47). The Apaches were to have arrived first and secured the position. The Chinooks decided to fly ahead of them and got there without ground cover. So, that was the result. There is a reason for a SOP, but a lot of times it gets thrown out the window. SOPs are based on past experiences and failures. These boys had to learn their lesson the hard way. Also, there was an option 4. Take the Taliban with you as prisoners.

Last edited:
@Lastofthemohican

Clip above. Yeah, Operation Red Wings was plagued with problems from the moment those SEALs hit the ground. The rescue was another 'fuck-up' by the U.S. Army helicopters. The Apaches (AH-64) actually fly slower than the Chinooks (MH-47). The Apaches were to have arrived first and secured the position. The Chinooks decided to fly ahead of them and got there without ground cover. So, that was the result. There is a reason for a SOP, but a lot of times it gets thrown out the window. SOPs are based on past experiences and failures. These boys had to learn their lesson the hard way. Also, there was an option 4. Take the Taliban with you as prisoners.

We often had the opposite problem as that op, in that our superiors wouldn't send in extraction helos for our guys that had been hit by booby traps or small arms etc while in contact.
This was understandable until on one occasion we cleared a room with frag and our bosses decided to send in medevac helo for local national civilians. That didnt piss us off much...the royal air force are CUNTS. We preferred it when we had our own dedicated air or foreigner (US/Dutch etc)

We often had the opposite problem as that op, in that our superiors wouldn't send in extraction helos for our guys that had been hit by booby traps or small arms etc while in contact.

Well, that is fucked up, specially for the British Army. Remember in the movie 'Kajaki', 2014, the American rescue helicopter went in to rescue a British soldier in a minefield? The medical helicopter crew member went in as if it was nothing. I don't know if he realized he was walking on a minefield. Pretty brave guy either way...

Well, that is fucked up, specially for the British Army. Remember in the movie 'Kajaki', 2014, the American rescue helicopter went in to rescue a British soldier in a minefield? The medical helicopter crew member went in as if it was nothing. I don't know if he realized he was walking on a minefield. Pretty brave guy either way...

yeah i was in that location after their tour, they fucked up by going that particular route in the first place....bad tactical decision but whatever.

During the extraction the guys on the ground asked specfically for a helo with less downdraft due to the high ied threat...thats why when the helo came in it set off more devices. the paras were pissed off massively by the air force for that!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...less-claims-afghan-mission-major-5330651.html

Just letting people know that Glock is extending their blue label program for honorably discharged vets through Labor Day. It usually only applies to active duty, active reserve, Guard, and retirees only. This typically saves anywhere from $100 to $150 off a new Glock (including the Gen 5 models).

Just letting people know that Glock is extending their blue label program for honorably discharged vets through Labor Day. It usually only applies to active duty, active reserve, Guard, and retirees only. This typically saves anywhere from $100 to $150 off a new Glock (including the Gen 5 models).

Thanks. That is nice of Glock. With 20 veterans a day committing suicide (average), that may not be the best idea. Why doesn't Glock make a large contribution to a veterans organization? Help save some of those veterans...

Thanks. That is nice of Glock. With 20 veterans a day committing suicide (average), that may not be the best idea. Why doesn't Glock make a large contribution to a veterans organization? Help save some of those veterans...
{<huh}

Discount on firearms, as if we didn't have enough firearms in the house. Veterans could be better served through funding for health, food, housing, etc. I see your point, or Glock's gimmick, but Glock is still making money aren't they? Why don't they, as a large company, stop giving stupid discount to veterans and give money to a veterans organization. That is how you help a U.S. veteran, not a stupid discount on a gun. Just my 2 cents...

Last edited:
Discount on firearms, as if we didn't have enough firearms in the house. Veterans could be better served through funding for health, food, housing, etc. I see your point, or Glock's gimmick, but Glock is still making money aren't they? Why don't they, as a large organization, stop giving stupid discount to veterans and give money to a veterans organization. That is how you help a U.S. veteran, not a stupid discount on a gun. Just my 2 cents...
Sounds like you have a problem with the VA.

Sounds like you have a problem with the VA.

Of course I have a problem with the VA. I am a veteran but do not use the VA. I have a few friends who are also veterans who rely on the VA. The VA is currently in disarray. My point is, again, why isn't a gun manufacturer with millions of dollars doing more to help veterans? Truth be told, they don't give 'two-shits' about veterans, but will be happy to take their money. Veterans need food on the table and medication, not a Glock with a discount.

Of course I have a problem with the VA. I am a veteran but do not use the VA. I have a few friends who are also veterans who rely on the VA. The VA is currently in disarray. My point is, again, why isn't a gun manufacturer with millions of dollars doing more to help veterans? Truth be told, they don't give 'two-shits' about veterans, but will be happy to take their money. Veterans need food on the table and medication, not a Glock with a discount.
Fine then. That leaves more available for the rest of us who will gladly take advantage of this special.

Fine then. That leaves more available for the rest of us who will gladly take advantage of this special.

Just so you and your friends know, 180 days of Active Duty service qualifies you as a veteran (6 months). Even if you are still on Active Duty past 180 days, you are a veteran. People think you have to have seen combat or left the military to be considered a veteran, but no. The 180 days does not have to be continuous.

"38 USC § 101(2) - Title 38 of the Code of Federal Regulations defines a veteran as “a person who served in the active military, naval, or air service and who was discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable.”

Gun dealers have been giving discounts for veterans for years now. Have fun with your Glock...

In 2015, GLOCK donated $100,000 to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation (SOWF), marking a total of $1 million donated since the company began its support in 2005.
https://www.tactical-life.com/news/glock-gives-back-2016/

I own 4 Glocks all but one bought with the blue deal. Great gun for the price, drop in a new trigger, better sights, and you're good to compete. Ran a very stock Glock 34 for 3 gun comps, for 2 years before I did alot of work to it.

1486029545913.png

I kid! I kid! :)

I've been looking for a chance to use this for years and I couldn't resist.

I am kidding though! :) I'd be more than happy to own firearm that still works underwater.

In 2015, GLOCK donated $100,000 to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation (SOWF), marking a total of $1 million donated since the company began its support in 2005.

There you go, that is some good news. I did not know that. That is how you help veterans in America. Any other gun manufacturers doing the same?

Glock is an Austrian weapons manufacturer. Interesting how they would donate to American veterans. I don't like handguns, my love is for rifles, bolt action, American made. Brands like Weatherby and Marlin. Large and small calibers.

Last edited:
Back