Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

There you go, that is some good news. I did not know that. That is how you help veterans in America. Any other gun manufacturers doing the same?

Glock is an Austrian weapons manufacturer. Interesting how they would donate to American veterans. I don't like handguns, my love is for rifles, bolt action, American made. Brands like Weatherby and Marlin. Large and small calibers.
They're headquartered in Smyrna, GA. Just like FN is in Columbia, SC.

U.S. Army
11b
Spent a year in Iraq. Gonna try to join the ffl in about a year

U.S. Army
11b
Spent a year in Iraq. Gonna try to join the ffl in about a year

If you have the desire to leave your home country to travel to France to join a shit military outfit how-come you've no interest in getting into a special forces unit within the US?

If you have the desire to leave your home country to travel to France to join a shit military outfit how-come you've no interest in getting into a special forces unit within the US?
Shorter pipeline?

In my experience the shorter and easier something is the less quality the product
Well Special Forces can take well over a year and you can be reclassified at any time to "needs of the Army." Even if you don't quit during selection.

I was chaptered out back in 2010 after i got arrested for marijuana possession. I was a stupid kid. Now I'm older and wiser and wish i could do the military over again. I'd go back to the army if i could

I was chaptered out back in 2010 after i got arrested for marijuana possession. I was a stupid kid. Now I'm older and wiser and wish i could do the military over again. I'd go back to the army if i could

Makes sense for your situation. Being older though you may not appreciate their lifestyle or lack of it however. Unless you have any medical/dental issues you'll get in easily. The physical requirements are very basic. I'd suggest before going you sell all your shit and keep the cash with a trusted family member/friend. If you have a 2nd passport its worth paying for a safety deposit box in France also.

You got chaptered out during the surge in Afghanistan? Exactly how much weed did you have?

Makes sense for your situation. Being older though you may not appreciate their lifestyle or lack of it however. Unless you have any medical/dental issues you'll get in easily. The physical requirements are very basic. I'd suggest before going you sell all your shit and keep the cash with a trusted family member/friend. If you have a 2nd passport its worth paying for a safety deposit box in France also.
Yeah I'm good to go physically and don't have many possessions. I may sell my truck before i go but that's about it

I got arrested for a misdemeanor charge. I had a joint.
That sucks. I was in 03-07 and guys usually were allowed to stay in for things like that. I mean they'd still get punished and lose rank and $$$ of course.
Pretty silly that smoking weed is treated worse than getting multiple DUIs but that's the military for ya. :confused:

That sucks. I was in 03-07 and guys usually were allowed to stay in for things like that. I mean they'd still get punished and lose rank and $$$ of course.
Pretty silly that smoking weed is treated worse than getting multiple DUIs but that's the military for ya. :confused:
Yeah if it made sense it wouldn't be the military. What was your mos?

Nice. I was a SAW gunner. Is that what you carried on deployment or did y'all have something else?
Nah, SAWs stayed with the 0311s in the line companies. I hated it anyhow.
They actually replaced the SAW in 2011 with a variant of an HK416 called the IAR. It's not belt-fed though which I don't like but oh well.

I was chaptered out back in 2010 after i got arrested for marijuana possession. I was a stupid kid. Now I'm older and wiser and wish i could do the military over again. I'd go back to the army if i could.
I got arrested for a misdemeanor charge. I had a joint.

Before you get committed to the French Foreign Legion, I would talk to a U.S. Army recruiter about your situation. Seems like a pretty minor offense to me. You may be able to come back in with a waiver. The U.S. Army is not going to meet its recruitment quota for 2018. They will be lowering the 'bar' for incoming recruits. Happens every time quotas are not met. If you commit yourself to 'X' number of years in your contract, I'm sure you'll be able to come back in. After Iraq and Afghanistan fewer recruits want to go Infantry. Eight (8) years since your arrest, that is enough time to carry little weight in the decision. This would not be an issue even if you applied for a SECRET clearance. What was your discharge? Good luck.

Before you get committed to the French Foreign Legion, I would talk to a U.S. Army recruiter about your situation. Seems like a pretty minor offense to me. You may be able to come back in with a waiver. The U.S. Army is not going to meet its recruitment quota for 2018. They will be lowering the 'bar' for incoming recruits. Happens every time quotas are not met. If you commit yourself to 'X' number of years in your contract, I'm sure you'll be able to come back in. After Iraq and Afghanistan fewer recruits want to go Infantry. Eight (8) years since your arrest, that is enough time to carry little weight in the decision. This would not be an issue even if you applied for a SECRET clearance. What was your discharge? Good luck.
General under honorable. Re-4 reenlistment code. The problem is I've gotten multiple possession charges since then. I've turned it around but for a long time i just didn't care. I wanted to get into law enforcement after the army and when that wasn't an option i just said screw it

Back