Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

General under honorable. Re-4 reenlistment code. The problem is I've gotten multiple possession charges since then. I've turned it around but for a long time i just didn't care. I wanted to get into law enforcement after the army and when that wasn't an option i just said screw it

Talk to a recruiter anyway. It won't hurt and recruiters need to make goal (quota). If anything, depending if they're short of that, the odds might be in your favor.

Talk to a recruiter anyway. It won't hurt and recruiters need to make goal (quota). If anything, depending if they're short of that, the odds might be in your favor.
I'll check it out. The worst that can happen is they tell me no

General under honorable. Re-4 reenlistment code. The problem is I've gotten multiple possession charges since then. I've turned it around but for a long time i just didn't care. I wanted to get into law enforcement after the army and when that wasn't an option i just said screw it.

That sounds pretty harsh for a misdemeanor over marijuana possession. The RE-4 kills it. Multiple charges does not help much either. Not just in re-enlisting but in getting a civilian job. Yeah, that would definitely take out a career in law enforcement. Well, under the circumstances a few years with the French Foreign Legion does not sound too bad. You are going to have to learn French and fast. Beautiful country and beautiful women. You sound young, so it will be a nice adventure and experience. Read up on everything you can about the FFL. Entrance, training, and survival. I would not show up until I had some basic knowledge of French and was in top physical condition. Like going to Ranger school with the exception of the language.

I was also Infantry (11B) and later Civil Affairs (38A) in the U.S. Army. One tour in Iraq. Enlisted to officer through OCS. Many different jobs over a 20 year period. A lot of great memories. Wish I could start over again, but this time with all the experience.

You started off by saying you got busted for a joint, then 'multiple possession charges'. Did you get caught dealing or something? Either that or you're the most unlucky motherfucker going??

@Strychnine
"He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for his maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God."
Proverbs 14: 31

I like that. Here is one of my favorites: Isaiah, chapter 40.

Last edited:
Well Special Forces can take well over a year and you can be reclassified at any time to "needs of the Army." Even if you don't quit during selection.

Selection is different than the Q Course, failing selection simply means you return to your unit, its not supposed to negatively impact your career.

If you’re an 18x (new recruit who cmpleted infantry training then straight to Bragg) and are not selected your MOS will be infantry, and you will be needs of the Army, because you’re Airborne qualified, you will likely be sent to an Airborne Infantry unit.

If you’re selected, and return to the Q Course, and fail for any reason, then you’re needs of the Army, in your MOS.

Just clarifying, you will not be randomly reassigned to needs of the army unless you fail while in the Q Course.

You started off by saying you got busted for a joint, then 'multiple possession charges'. Did you get caught dealing or something? Either that or you're the most unlucky motherfucker going??
Got busted for a joint while i was in. I kept getting in trouble for a few years after i got out. I think it was a combination of me being a dumbass at the time and unlucky

That sounds pretty harsh for a misdemeanor over marijuana possession. The RE-4 kills it. Multiple charges does not help much either. Not just in re-enlisting but in getting a civilian job. Yeah, that would definitely take out a career in law enforcement. Well, under the circumstances a few years with the French Foreign Legion does not sound too bad. You are going to have to learn French and fast. Beautiful country and beautiful women. You sound young, so it will be a nice adventure and experience. Read up on everything you can about the FFL. Entrance, training, and survival. I would not show up until I had some basic knowledge of French and was in top physical condition. Like going to Ranger school with the exception of the language.

I was also Infantry (11B) and later Civil Affairs (38A) in the U.S. Army. One tour in Iraq. Enlisted to officer through OCS. Many different jobs over a 20 year period. A lot of great memories. Wish I could start over again, but this time with all the experience.
I've got the physical aspect down. I cut back on my weightlifting for more cardio and calisthenics. I spend a lot of my time reading up on stuff and watching every documentary i can find. All that's left for me now is to learn some French and go try out. Where did you deploy to in Iraq?

Selection is different than the Q Course, failing selection simply means you return to your unit, its not supposed to negatively impact your career.

If you’re an 18x (new recruit who cmpleted infantry training then straight to Bragg) and are not selected your MOS will be infantry, and you will be needs of the Army, because you’re Airborne qualified, you will likely be sent to an Airborne Infantry unit.

If you’re selected, and return to the Q Course, and fail for any reason, then you’re needs of the Army, in your MOS.

Just clarifying, you will not be randomly reassigned to needs of the army unless you fail while in the Q Course.
That's not what verified dudes on r/Army and r/SpecialForces have been saying lately.

That's not what verified dudes on r/Army and r/SpecialForces have been saying lately.

Not sure what that is, you got a link? Or quote?
Does not sound right - but they’re verified, suppose your opinion is that I am not.

Not sure what that is, you got a link? Or quote?
Does not sound right - but they’re verified, suppose your opinion is that I am not.
Same thing on shadowspear and socnet. Typically to 42A, 92G, 88M, 92R, or 91F.

Well Special Forces can take well over a year and you can be reclassified at any time to "needs of the Army." Even if you don't quit during selection.

Why would you be re-classified if you have not failed or quit selection in Special Forces? That does not make sense. Why would anyone try out for the course if they can be pulled from it at any time? You have orders and funding allocated to you as a student. The U.S. Army does not just 'trample' over a soldier's assignment, specially if they are in school.

Same thing on shadowspear and socnet. Typically to 42A, 92G, 88M, 92R, or 91F.

Yeah both of those sites are garbage, SOCnet was pretty much blacklisted by SF after they released the Niger cam footage.

ProfessionalSoldiers.com is a legit source for the SF community. This forum, and that are all I have time for. I barely keep up with MMA anymore, too many “superfights”.

Why would you be re-classified if you have not failed or quit selection in Special Forces? That does not make sense. Why would anyone try out for the course if they can be pulled from it at any time? You have orders and funding allocated to you as a student. The U.S. Army does not just 'trample' over a soldier's assignment, specially if they are in school.

The Q Course cadre do a good job of taking care of performers who just didn’t make it for one reason or another, we can get guys rebranched to PsyOp/CA, get guys to RASP, but sometimes you just get delt shit no matter what.

The Q Course cadre do a good job of taking care of performers who just didn’t make it for one reason or another...

Yes, but that is not what @X-Pac Rules is saying. He is saying "...even if you don't quit during selection." So, to me, he is implying that even if you are making it through the course, the Army can pull you out. That has never been the case in any 'elite' type school. You have to fail or quit first.

Yes, but that is not what @X-Pac Rules is saying. He is saying "...even if you don't quit during selection." So, to me, he is implying that even if you are making it through the course, the Army can pull you out. That has never been the case in any 'elite' type school. You have to fail or quit first.

Quitting during selection means you return to your unit and continue your career. You’re not assigned to SWTG just TDY, so we get no say in your assignment life. Even if you’re selected, technically your branch will have to release you. It’s not usually a thing, but sometimes a UCMJ action comes up, and there’s nothing we can do, or a service commitment. They’re both rare but possible.

No shit had a guy from 25id in Alaska get selected, while he was waiting to get orders for Bragg, to start the SFQC, warrants for speeding tickets caught up with him. He lost his clearance and not given orders, once he cleared up that stuff, SF didn’t want him anymore.

No shit had a guy from 25id in Alaska get selected, while he was waiting to get orders for Bragg, to start the SFQC, warrants for speeding tickets caught up with him. He lost his clearance and not given orders, once he cleared up that stuff, SF didn’t want him anymore.

Dont see how that is a shock. If you have outstanding warrants why would anyone consider you for anything?

Which means that you don't quit but you still aren't selected at the end of SFAS. I'm specifically talking about 18 Xrays.

Back