[Military]Your favorite Duty Station(s)

CardonaLJ**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Theres a bunch of us Vets, active duty, and reserves here. Was curious as to what your favorite duty stations were. And not just US Military. If you were in the military please feel free to chime in.

As for me, my favorite duty station(s) were when I was on Marine Security Guard Duty from 2005-2008. Berlin, Yemen, Rome, and Belgrade. Those three years had to be the best three years of my military career.

GVetting tanked on the Kudorf and bar hopping in east Berlin. Partying it up with Lebanese ex-pats and locals in Yemen at the local club. And Rome. Need I say more?

So what about the rest of you guys. Where were you're favorite duty station(s)?

Not counting deployments and RCAX, I spent all of my time at Lejeune. It was okay I guess.

Okinawa was probably my favorite. Kazakhstan was a shot stay but enjoyable. I actually hung out with some Spetsnaz guys there.

29 Palms, obviously.

San Diego, easily. Perfect weather year-round, beautiful women, good food (especially if you like Mexican). Plus, for Navy guys at least, Pacific fleet's the way to go in general. Hit up a bunch of kickass ports. Australia, Thailand, and Singapore were my favorites.

Charleston, SC was pretty nice as well. I was only there for some training, but it's a pretty charming little city.

My favorite was 29 Stumps, California and the least favorite was Swamp LeJuene, North Carolina.

Wonder if other countries military do duty stations like we do in the US....

Okinawa was probably my favorite. Kazakhstan was a shot stay but enjoyable. I actually hung out with some Spetsnaz guys there.

I went to Okinawa a few times and once I wandered by Hanson's whispering alley I think it was called back then.

I went to Okinawa a few times and once I wandered by Hanson's whispering alley I think it was called back then.

I thought Whispering Alley was near Gate 2 street??

Ahh. Oki....Many a nigts were spent on Kokusai Street. Never did go to the banana show or soapy land (though i did go when i was in Thailand for Cobra Gold)

ugh...i was sooo ready to leave the stumps after a week there....and this was back in 2003 before it is what it is now.

I was there for 2 weeks for CAX on two separate ADTs, and I remember standing outside the chow hall and it was 135degrees. I couldn't believe it. At least it was close to Vegas.

Serious answers: Trondheim, Norway and Ketchikan, Alaska.

I was there for 2 weeks for CAX on two separate ADTs, and I remember standing outside the chow hall and it was 135degrees. I couldn't believe it. At least it was close to Vegas.

Serious answers: Trondheim, Norway and Ketchikan, Alaska.

I was in 29 stumps for close to a year for MOS school. theres only so much of palm springs/la/yucca valley motel 6 parties one can take before it gets stale.

HAHAHAHAHA! I remember Whispering Alley

Lots of partying. The scenery was beautiful and the beaches were great

I was in 29 stumps for close to a year for MOS school. theres only so much of palm springs/la/yucca valley motel 6 parties one can take before it gets stale.

Were you a wire dog, or whatever the hell they called them?

Everyone I knew who got stationed at the stumps got NJPs for underage drinking or worse. I can't say I blame them. I was getting stir crazy after a week.

I thought Whispering Alley was near Gate 2 street??

Ahh. Oki....Many a nigts were spent on Kokusai Street. Never did go to the banana show or soapy land (though i did go when i was in Thailand for Cobra Gold)

I think Whispering Alley may have been near Gate 2 but we are talking over 30 years ago for me and that was the last time I ever drank sake so details are slightly fuzzy. I do remember Gonzales saying it was Whispering Alley we were passing and not to get too close to it.

Were you a wire dog, or whatever the hell they called them?

Everyone I knew who got stationed at the stumps got NJPs for underage drinking or worse. I can't say I blame them. I was getting stir crazy after a week.

Comm-Elect Maintenance. Wire dogs weren't allowed POVs. Us in Alpha Co were lol

and yep I got my first (and only NJP) in 29 for underage drinking. Got off restriction the day of my birthday (few days early because we got orders and the 3rd of october was our last day there)

Corry Station, Pensacola, Florida.

Most fun time of my life.

Stateside I liked Yuma, I enjoyed the desert. Overseas I only went to combat zones so none of them.

I think Whispering Alley may have been near Gate 2 but we are talking over 30 years ago for me and that was the last time I ever drank sake so details are slightly fuzzy. I do remember Gonzales saying it was Whispering Alley we were passing and not to get too close to it.

Haha yea it was by Gate 2 street in Kadena. If you were drunk and got lost, 9/10 you ended up walking down whisper alley and sobering up real fast....

we did get my friend laid there once when he was shit face. Was pretty funny because bf he was like no way man no way. we get there and jump into the first mamasan's house and she made us wait outside while they got it on inside.

Back