[Military]Your favorite Duty Station(s)

That might be smaller than Diego Garcia Naval base in the indian Ocean.

440px-Diegogarcia.jpg

lol my brother-in-law was stationed at Diego GArcia.

I feel like a bit of a shitbag talking to old lifers sometimes because I was four and out. It's not even that I hated it either; there were things to the job I really enjoyed. I just realized early on that I didn't want to make a career of it, so when my enlistment ended, I figured it wasn't worth putting my life on hold for another four years. Most of the time I feel I made the right decision. The rest of the time I feel like a selfish prick.

All it takes is for your first duty station to be REALLY shitty. Thats why Camp Lejuene and 29 Palms had the worst reenlistment rates. I was ready to call it quits in 2001 but then got PCS orders to MCAS Iwakuni, Japan. Things got better from there.

I was in 2nd TSB in French Creek, Camp Lejeune from 1999 - 2001. Worst 2 years of my life hands down. There is more frustration and animosity build up within so many Marines that results in more fights reported than all Marine bases combined. THAT is how much everyone hated it there.

Driftwood? Oh yeah, been there a few times. As well as La Mirage, Tobys, and Bada Booms. Worst strip clubs I have ever been to. Those places are always packed since there is nothing else to do in Jacksonville.

haha toby's was awful. I'm assuming the cave opened up after you left? There was nothing good about jacksonville other than it was 2 hours from Myrtle. I still have nightmares of chiggers biting my ankles while I dig some fucking fighting hole in the middle of the woods in the pouring rain.

Yokosuka was the best. 45 minute train ride to Tokyo, can't beat it. Only downside was our liberty gettin fucked when some knucklehead messed up. Point loma was awesome too.

Virginia beach sucked dick in comparison.

I was in a GP tent at Utaphao Air base in 2004.

The Thai barracks at Sameasan?? OOHHH those were super nasty! I stayed there for a few days in 2002. The shower/toilet/urinal conditions were BIBLICALLY disgusting.

Dude do t remind me about our hygiene situation lol. For about A month we didn't have showers. Just water bottles with holes we popped in to the top to shower. Many ifbus would wait till we got to pattaya and a hotel to take a shower.

And yes using the bathroom in a trash bag while flues were buzzing about your balls. Ugh.

Fort Stewart is still better than Camp Lejeune.

Fort Stewart is only 45 minutes from Savannah (Savannah is AWSOME!), 2 hours from Jacksonville Beach, and 1 hour from Atlanta. Plus Camp Lejeune was full of hostile dickheads.

U must be speeding ur ass off if ur making it to Atlanta in an hour lol. I graduated hs in fort Stewart (outside the base) and it generally took 3.5-4 hours to get there

Back