Milo Yiannopoulos comes to Berkeley tommorow. 1.9k people pledging to prostest. Prepare your Angus!!

I don't blame the actual protesters. It's unfair to label them all with the same brush, even if I disagree with them and think they're acting like children. So yeah, not everyone protesting should be labeled a rioter.

It's just getting harder and harder to separate the two.

I do and i don't blame the "regular" protestors.

Yes there were regular protesters that were just there to chant and hold signs. But most of these "actual" protestors wanted Milo shut down as well. Its been a common tactic for leftist protestors to "no platform" and differing viewpoints for awhile now. most of them wouldn't resort to violence to do it, and thats good.

BUT.... If you don't condone violence, then In the future, you can't stand by ANTIFA who hide behind masks. If you walk with them, or don't tell them to take these shitty ninja disguises off, you shouldn't be protesting with them. You shouldn't be their justified cover to hide behind while they sucker punch, flash mob attack store windows, and destroy municipal property. Let them stand out on their own. So hopefully the cops can arrest them easily.

If you can't do that, knowing full well what ANTIFA are doing. You are complicate in their behavior and deserve to get splash damage from the outrage.

Sorry, you can't have it both ways. You can't just egg on violent behavior and then sit back and say "it wasn't ME!!"

Everyone knows who ANTIFA is now. There's no more excuses for mingling with them unless you condone what they do.

Last edited:
1. Your thoughts seem to be a bit convoluted at best on your, own, interpretation. I will simply remind you are providing an argument by selective observation based on a political book you liked, stunningly, your own logic almost comes to the correct and stated conclusion once it finishes the "Marxists stole it from rightist" circle and "it's only in academia" pleas.

They only "seem convoluted" because you insist on putting words in my mouth. Further, your characterization of my relation to Bloom is really strange. I made the point and just referred you to him for a good, quick explanation (that you might appreciate as it comes from a fellow right-winger). I also don't think you know what "argument by selective observation" means, as there is none of that. My simple point was that the postmodern perspective has natural right-wing implications and was developed by right-wingers who were aware of that and then appropriated by left-wingers who weren't. And at any rate, it was a fad whose time has long since passed. As you seem to realize at other times, cultural criticism has never been a good fit on the left, which has primarily focused on institutions and incentives.

3. The two would be unconditionally connected if you pursue that argument.

This is quite an interesting claim at this point. You critically assign a position to me that I never held, I clarify, and you ... agree with the position. Huh?

4. I had a look, and you are still wandering the forest looking at trees. That blacks as a cultural group might not quite meet the income level does not A. explain the multiple factor increase of the violent crime for such a small variable

This is badly confused. The discussion on wealth disparity was completely separate from the discussion on crime (which only arose when I noted that and offered an alternative explanation to the one you attributed to me with no justification). To reiterate: I never said that different wealth levels contribute to different crime levels, and I explicitly provided a different line of thought in that issue. You talked about "success," which I interpreted as primarily economic success (that is, generally, how one rises up the social ladder). I noted that even adjusting for income, there's a huge wealth disparity that can be attributed largely to intergenerational wealth transfers, which in turn can be attributed to past policy. That was not part of the crime discussion.

5. I disagree, but what we would consider to be relevant research would also differ. See "1" in previous posts for why. Until you acknowledge my posts or learn about cultural theory we are at a loss, as economics is a poor substitute.

There's nothing for you to disagree with and knowledge of "cultural theory" is irrelevant to the fact that the topic matter you assert is shouted down is, in fact, studied. And that you appear to be largely unaware of the results of that research. As a general tip, it's a big world, and you don't know nearly as much of it as you think. If you say that no one studies X, you're almost certain to have egg on your face, I guess unless X is almost impossibly obscure, which is not even close to the case here.

6/7. Interesting, I do not believe my lengthy discussion with Fawtly, or anyone else, broke down into someone claiming I did not have the knowledge while... after you changed and flipped the argument all around, you ignored all aspects of my simplified (for your sake) multiple attempts to show how cultural dimensions theory is having an impact on the problem..

This one didn't do that, either. What I see is that you're kind of hinting at knowing much more than you do, and when it reaches the point where you have to deliver the goods, you suddenly realize that you have an appointment.

Reminds me of Jack Handy:

It makes me mad when people say
I turned and ran like a scared rabbit.
Maybe it was like an angry rabbit,
who was running to go fight in another fight,
away from the first fight.

I'm not gonna read through what I assume is mostly a shit show thread but I saw a couple of things that were interesting on the Twitter, (apologies if already posted):

Yikes! Centrists? Firefighters? Republicans/conservatives? (I hear that liberals also get the bullet).

I lol'd at this one. It reminded me of that Trump rally that idiots shut down which lead to Trump on every major network getting his message out to millions instead of a few thousand.

Milo should be silenced, preferably with a bullet in between the eyes. That's the only way to deal with a nonce. Absolute filth.

This one didn't do that, either. What I see is that you're kind of hinting at knowing much more than you do, and when it reaches the point where you have to deliver the goods, you suddenly realize that you have an appointment.

There are no goods to deliver my friend, nor points to be scored, or scores to settle.

I would be happy if you are in fact right. I am happy with that because I believe that you in your heart you want to do what is best for people, and honestly I do as well. We have a disagreement about economics, culture, and how to help people achieve their dreams. We both want people to achieve their dreams and be happy, just have different ways of getting there.

I'm afraid we are just not getting anywhere now with this discussion, and both feel the other is down deep in the allegory of the cave.

May you have a wonderful day and I do look forward to future discussions.

lol, British liberals

What's hilarious is that you think you're any different from the liberals you go round and round in circles with. You're not - you're all predictable sheep, utterly incapable of anything remotely research resembling an original thought or opinion.

Milo is a nonce, as is anyone who supports the queer.

There are no goods to deliver my friend, nor points to be scored, or scores to settle.

I would be happy if you are in fact right. I am happy with that because I believe that you in your heart you want to do what is best for people, and honestly I do as well. We have a disagreement about economics, culture, and how to help people achieve their dreams. We both want people to achieve their dreams and be happy, just have different ways of getting there.

I'm afraid we are just not getting anywhere now with this discussion, and both feel the other is down deep in the allegory of the cave.

May you have a wonderful day and I do look forward to future discussions.

Ditto, and I don't know that "if I'm right," it really changes anything. It's if people recognize the truth that really matters. Like I've said before, I think a liberal alliance that includes right-leaning liberals who normally vote Republican is needed to protect America from falling into total authoritarianism. And associating the mainstream left, which is liberal, with extremists on college campuses is false and undermines that goal.

What's hilarious is that you think you're any different from the liberals you go round and round in circles with. You're not - you're all predictable sheep, utterly incapable of anything remotely research resembling an original thought or opinion.

Milo is a nonce, as is anyone who supports the queer.

I just think it's funny you think the only way to deal with Milo is killing him, probably because you can't begin to prove him wrong

I bet you didn't vote during Brexit and whined like a baby when you actually left the EU

1ba14170cc51bb4df59dd185ca74d7f1.jpg

I just think it's funny you think the only way to deal with Milo is killing him, probably because you can't begin to prove him wrong

I bet you didn't vote during Brexit and whined like a baby when you actually left the EU

You know absolutely nothing about my political views and opinions; you're merely making the assumption that I'm some triggered liberal because I dislike Milo. You're so accustomed to engaging in puerile tribalism with liberals that you can't process the thought that someone could dislike someone simply based on their personality rather than just their politics, hence you feeling the need to jump to his defence in spite of him being a nonce simply because he pretends to have similar political viewpoints as your own.

And LOL @ me being pro-EU.

You know absolutely nothing about my political views and opinions; you're merely making the assumption that I'm some triggered liberal because I dislike Milo. You're so accustomed to engaging in puerile tribalism with liberals that you can't process the thought that someone could dislike someone simply based on their personality rather than just their politics, hence you feeling the need to jump to his defence in spite of him being a nonce simply because he pretends to have similar political viewpoints as your own.

And LOL @ me being pro-EU.

You seem pretty triggered considering Milo has you hilariously upset to the point where you want him assassinated

You seem pretty triggered considering Milo has you hilariously upset to the point where you want to see him assassinated

"Assassinated." <{Heymansnicker}>

And yes, I'd gladly celebrate a nonce being killed, but I certainly wouldn't classify that creature as important enough to qualify as an assassination.

The OP clearly did not use the word riot. He said protest.

I assumed, poorly, that the OP was providing an accurate summary of the video like he's supposed to.
Very trusting.... That's precious.

Also way to avoid responsibility for being wrong. "It was his fault I didn't know what I was talking about. " lol

They only "seem convoluted" because you insist on putting words in my mouth. Further, your characterization of my relation to Bloom is really strange. I made the point and just referred you to him for a good, quick explanation (that you might appreciate as it comes from a fellow right-winger). I also don't think you know what "argument by selective observation" means, as there is none of that. My simple point was that the postmodern perspective has natural right-wing implications and was developed by right-wingers who were aware of that and then appropriated by left-wingers who weren't. And at any rate, it was a fad whose time has long since passed. As you seem to realize at other times, cultural criticism has never been a good fit on the left, which has primarily focused on institutions and incentives.

This is quite an interesting claim at this point. You critically assign a position to me that I never held, I clarify, and you ... agree with the position. Huh?

This is badly confused. The discussion on wealth disparity was completely separate from the discussion on crime (which only arose when I noted that and offered an alternative explanation to the one you attributed to me with no justification). To reiterate: I never said that different wealth levels contribute to different crime levels, and I explicitly provided a different line of thought in that issue. You talked about "success," which I interpreted as primarily economic success (that is, generally, how one rises up the social ladder). I noted that even adjusting for income, there's a huge wealth disparity that can be attributed largely to intergenerational wealth transfers, which in turn can be attributed to past policy. That was not part of the crime discussion.

There's nothing for you to disagree with and knowledge of "cultural theory" is irrelevant to the fact that the topic matter you assert is shouted down is, in fact, studied. And that you appear to be largely unaware of the results of that research. As a general tip, it's a big world, and you don't know nearly as much of it as you think. If you say that no one studies X, you're almost certain to have egg on your face, I guess unless X is almost impossibly obscure, which is not even close to the case here.

Reminds me of Jack Handy:

Back