Mini snes vs mini Nes

Frode Falch

Steel Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
What is best to buy? And why? I want some retro gaming and childhood memories.

I grew up during the 8 and 16 bit periode.

nintendo_mini_snes_-_super_nintendo_classic_edition_2.jpg

nintendo-classic-nes-mini.jpg

Well, which one has more games you want to play?

NES came with 30 games, SNES came with 20. I have both and hacked them to add about 60 games more apiece.

I prefer the NES because it has more nostalgia for me. I had an NES growing up but not a SNES.

I love my new classic but controller extension cords are a must. Don't have the snes yet

Awww Snes for me
Instant nostalgia from happy and simpler times :(

I got the mini NES - it's almost junk, the wire for the controller is like 1ft long, wtf. I literally have to sit right in front of the TV to play it

I cant find any controllers with the longer wire, and they are selling online at a higher price than the actual console. Such a shitty deal that they made it this way

Really want the SNES one though, hope they re release it. They made the wires longer for those controllers

SNES for me, it's not only nostalgia, the games have aged extremely well...

I bought both. my only beef with the mini snes is that it came with too many rpg games but I like yoshi island,mario kart,mega man x, donkey kong. I wish it included the entire donkey kong series on snes.

on nes mini I truly enjoyed megaman 2 because I love that game since I was a kid. both systems should have twice the amount of games they actually have even if they would have cost more or have a way to download games.

I'm waiting for the N64 Classic that was rumored to have some recent patent filings.

Seems like a really weird decision not to use USB ports. Nostalgia is great but adapters suck.

A woman that works next to me just bought one of these on Monday for her son. Arrived yesterday and she said he loves it.

I don't know the difference between the two but it was the top one she bought.

Inb4 *uSe aM emUlaTor*

I have both and I think which one you should get depends on which one has the games you most want to play. Tbh they both run the same. But the SNES does come with two controllers whereas the NES doesn’t. So if you wanna play with friends, there’s that to think about.

Seems like a really weird decision not to use USB ports. Nostalgia is great but adapters suck.
?

Not sure if this is what you’re referring to, but they both plug into the wall via this USB block. It’s quite small, I’m not sure what would suck about it? Lol
img-clv2-ac-adapter-480x322.png

I got the mini NES - it's almost junk, the wire for the controller is like 1ft long, wtf. I literally have to sit right in front of the TV to play it

I cant find any controllers with the longer wire, and they are selling online at a higher price than the actual console. Such a shitty deal that they made it this way

Really want the SNES one though, hope they re release it. They made the wires longer for those controllers
There are extension cables for the controllers. They’re cheap and allow you to sit further back from the tv.

https://www.amazon.com/2-Pack-Exten...ssic+extension+cable&psc=1&smid=AQB0Z9WUEL9KF

?

Not sure if this is what you’re referring to, but they both plug into the wall via this USB block. It’s quite small, I’m not sure what would suck about it? Lol
img-clv2-ac-adapter-480x322.png
The controller ports on the SNES are the original. Makes them incompatible with most third-party controllers like the excellent (and apparently discontinued) iBuffalo, requiring adapters which a lot of gamers don't really like.

The controller ports on the SNES are the original. Makes them incompatible with most third-party controllers like the excellent (and apparently discontinued) iBuffalo, requiring adapters which a lot of gamers don't really like.
Ahh okay. I wasn’t sure which ports you were referring to.

SNES has some of the greatest games ever made. If it were between the two, I'd probably go that route because it's a bit more advanced.

Super Punch Out
UN Squadron
Super Mario Kart
Street Fighter 2
Final Fight
Star Fox
F Zero

I currently own a top loader NES with roughly 35-40 games. Keep it hooked up but only play it occasionally. Gradius loaded.

Snes, I brought that recently, because I used to have that when I was younger and loved it. I never had a nes though so I can't really say if its any good or not. I just brought the Snes for nostalgia reasons.

Back