Mini snes vs mini Nes

I got the SNES and Christ I don’t know how I completed some of thouse games back in the day.

UN Squadron and Final Fight are not in unfortunately

giphy.gif

Will that do very well? the original PS was largely sold on the early 3D fad, if you look back the graphics and most of the games are aweful, trying to think of many I'd bother with revisiting, maybe Ridge Raceer. Tekken and WIpeout.

Really all the recent mini console revivalism is based on people wanting to return to sprite based 2D games.

No clue if it'd do well or not, but PS had some incredible games. Metal Gear, Twisted Metal, Tony Hawk, Road Rash, Syphon Filter, Resident Evil. Just off the top of my head.

The problem is the PS1 represented the very earliest era of mass 3D gaming were as something like the SNES and especially the Neo Geo represented the apex of the pixel era of gaming, the PS1 is more akin to say the early Atari systems in the pixel era.

Most of whats on the PS1 was done better in the years afterwards, whats on the SNES wasn't.

Whatever youll choose, you'll be done playing it in less than a month.

Honestly if I did buy anything it would probably be the Neo Geo simply because it would be well suited to smaller doses of use, don't think I could put the time into Mario World or Link to the Past anymore.

This is probably actuate. Mine hasn't been used since shortly after buying it. I did buy a GDP which I downloaded a bunch of retro game and use that quite a lot though.

i enjoy both

?

Not sure if this is what you’re referring to, but they both plug into the wall via this USB block. It’s quite small, I’m not sure what would suck about it? Lol
img-clv2-ac-adapter-480x322.png
I don't even use that I can plug the usb directly in my cable box and it has enough power to run my snes mini.

The problem is the PS1 represented the very earliest era of mass 3D gaming were as something like the SNES and especially the Neo Geo represented the apex of the pixel era of gaming, the PS1 is more akin to say the early Atari systems in the pixel era.

Most of whats on the PS1 was done better in the years afterwards, whats on the SNES wasn't.
crash bandicoot 2 on ps1 would be fun to play again.

I haven’t tried them. I just pull my rocking chair up to the tv lol.

But they are only $8, so it’s not a huge loss if they crap out. Also, there are more made by other companies. Perhaps they have better reviews.
We got the extensions for the controllers for like 9 bucks at Best Buy.

Work perfect. There are wireless controllers available also but the extensions work fine.

the best thing about the snes mini is that the control is nearly identical to the original control it has a gret feel it it doesn't feel crappy like the retron or these other after market snes systems.

Pulstar isn't on the Neo Geo either sadly, the sequel Blazing Star is but the original for me was the best R-type style game ever made, indeed a lot of the team of the original R-type were posed to be involevd in it.

I just assumed it would comes with a couple of shitting games. Zelda and SF2? I'm in

I remember getting SF2 from japan with some dodgy adapter it had to sit on. Good times

Honestly if I did buy anything it would probably be the Neo Geo simply because it would be well suited to smaller doses of use, don't think I could put the time into Mario World or Link to the Past anymore.
Funny you say that cuz years ago when i got a Nintendo Gamecube, i also got a ocarina of time disc. I played a tad and said, fuck it, this game is too long.

For my snes emulator, i gave up on link to the past as well in short time.

The best emulator i had or enjoyed were the Arcade emulators, specifically MAME. I got to finally play games and finish them when i never could in the arcades.

?

Not sure if this is what you’re referring to, but they both plug into the wall via this USB block. It’s quite small, I’m not sure what would suck about it? Lol
img-clv2-ac-adapter-480x322.png
He's probably talking about the controller plugging into the console using Nintendo's proprietary plug rather than USB like PS3/PS4 uses.

SNES one is worth it. Grab that one. We also got a VG thread @Frode Falch . probably get better opinions there.

Back