Minnesota Lawmaker (R) accused of child molestation

Laura Knoblach, who was a student athlete at the University of Colorado at Boulder, also accused her family members of threatening her and coercing her “into silence about it for almost 15 years.”

On Friday, Jim Knoblach said the allegations were false and described his daughter as estranged from the family. He noted that the accusations were investigated and dismissed by Sherburne County.

Sounds like a mess. Maybe a family member develops a conscience. Like me when I deleted my pulling out joke. :(

Ugh, regret looking up this story. Just weird and gross and sad. The most tragic possible interpretation of this story would be that the dad (R) is just a weirdo and thought he was showing appropriate physical affection to his child with the hugging, nuzzling, and play nibbling and wasn't getting sexual gratification. Which, going from the reports, seems like a genuine possibility.

Here's a more thorough link, citing to the investigation: https://www.mprnews.org/story/2018/09/21/knoblach-ends-campaign-amid-abuse-allegations.

Jesus Christ.

Of course they go to the MeToo well for excuses. They have the audacity to claim its politically motivated despite there being documentation and testimony that she was telling people about her father's behavior for over a decade. What was she setting the stage for a political hit job as a fucking ten year old? Real long con huh?

I imagine if allegations without proof were counted as the law

Jesus

Anyone else desensitized, but every now and then these stories break through the barrier?

So fucking tired of child abusers.

10a-1.jpg

Ugh, regret looking up this story. Just weird and gross and sad. The most tragic possible interpretation of this story would be that the dad (R) is just a weirdo and thought he was showing appropriate physical affection to his child with the hugging, nuzzling, and play nibbling and wasn't getting sexual gratification. Which, going from the reports, seems like a genuine possibility.

Here's a more thorough link, citing to the investigation: https://www.mprnews.org/story/2018/09/21/knoblach-ends-campaign-amid-abuse-allegations.
That's what I wondered reading the link. I see parents kiss their kids on the lip but to me that's weird and inappropriate.

That's what I wondered reading the link. I see parents kiss their kids on the lip but to me that's weird and inappropriate.

Yeah, and I don't even think that is alleged IIRC.

None of the alleged conduct seems undeniably sexual if you stipulate that the guy is just weirdly loving.

That Republican should not have sexually molested his daughter. It was a wrong thing to do.

This is exactly where Metoo can do some good, even if it has been abused by other parties. She was told by law enforcement that his behavior wasn't criminal, but reading @Trotsky 's link makes it pretty clear that she not only was unhappy about his behavior, but let people know about it.

Maybe he can't be charged, but at least she gets to make her feelings known and hold him somewhat accountable.

Nothing normal about his behaviour if you accept her story at face value. I know someone who suffered when the family did nothing about the father's abuse. Fucked her up but good. And let me tell you no one in that situation makes shit up. You're not going to put yourself through what she went through for twisted reasons. This is a totally plausible case of abuse.

Nothing normal about his behaviour if you accept her story at face value. I know someone who suffered when the family did nothing about the father's abuse. Fucked her up but good. And let me tell you no one in that situation makes shit up. You're not going to put yourself through what she went through for twisted reasons. This is a totally plausible case of abuse.

I didn't say it was normal. I said it was fucked up and gross. But it could have been perceived by the offender as acceptable and it didn't amount to abuse per the law, which is why it wasn't charged.

Back