Miocic Got Exposed Big Time

He was the underdog in betting odds for several of his title defenses, many even thought Francis would beat him. So fans never really overrated him like you are saying. Except when it came to the DC fight. I was surprised at how many people thought he would easily KO DC. Only in that sense did he get “exposed”.

He is still legit one the best HW to ever compete, you can’t take that away from him.

I used to think that Stephen Miocic was great until he fought DC, maybe one of the GOATs even.

But then DC exposed Miocic huge, argo and ergo therefore he was never that good. Just overrated and he'll never be a champion again since he got exposed.

Discuss

Cain and JDS has better runs against a fresher younger crop

Stipe is 'the goat's because unlike JDS, when stipe beat 40 year old werdum, werdum had a plastic belt at the time

Cain and JDS has better runs against a fresher younger crop

Stipe is 'the goat's because unlike JDS, when stipe beat 40 year old werdum, werdum had a plastic belt at the time

How did Werdum have a "plastic belt"? He beat the brakes off of Cain for that belt.

DC did highlight a flaw in Miocic's fighting, a tendency to keep hands low (ironically enough, a vestige of his wrestling base). But that wasn't exactly a news flash. Listen to the corner audio for the Overeem fight — his coaches scream HANDS UP! so often you'd think they were police in Compton.

The specific aspect of it that he built his plan on was Miocic dropping his hands a bit while exiting the clinch. That's...a pretty small window of opportunity, in a transitional move. Plus which, DC lured Stipe into moving in such a way that he'd be heading into his punch. AND he broke his hand in the effort.

In terms of "exposing" somebody, that's like a Victorian lady flashing a bit of ankle.

How did Werdum have a "plastic belt"? He beat the brakes off of Cain for that belt.

I have to give you that

But JDS run through the division, and the performances Cain put on are better than whatever stipe did

And even if you made stipe third, your discount nog, Fedor, and several others

He beat glass cannon Overeem, who isn't as impressive of a win anymore, and honestly neither is ngannou as well after the Derrick Lewis fight

to DC's credit he got that lucky shot in.

Come on, you’re smarter than that. They practice that hook in the clinch or from breaking the clinch at AKA. Go watch DC vs Jones 1 and he does it several times. In DC vs Jones 2, watch how Jones keeps DCs right arm pinned down when they are in clinch so DC can’t punch with it. Even still DC landed a shot on Jones in the second fight when they broke clinch. Stipe has no chin so when DC landed he went out.

Agreed. Not even top 30 HW in my book.

Forget Fedor, Nog, Prime Cain...[insert old-time Pride/UFC HW] would obliterate him inside one round.

He was exposed against Struve some time ago..

tumblr_mb6h3hfDh81rg8g1xo1_500.gif

tumblr_mb5ndoggpt1rrwwgco1_500.gif

And he also was exposed and panic wrestle against JDS..

YearlyHiddenCod.gif

Even old man Econoreem dropped him without even set up the punch..

knockdown-vs-overeem.gif

Is this post meant to be sarcastic or am I missing something?

Exposed? All those shots landed clean, and he took them all well. Actually nuts he took that JDS shot so well. And that isn't panic wrestling. He got dropped, and grabbed onto a leg to stop the next few shots...

he still beats everyone else in the division

he is not very smart fighter that's why he lost to DC. Gus and Jones adapted to cormier's clinch

Lost to an all-time great hall of famer, in a fight that he was up until that point winning= Exposed can

He wasn’t exposed. He lost a fight. Settle down.

He was exposed against Struve some time ago..

tumblr_mb6h3hfDh81rg8g1xo1_500.gif

tumblr_mb5ndoggpt1rrwwgco1_500.gif

And he also was exposed and panic wrestle against JDS..

YearlyHiddenCod.gif

Even old man Econoreem dropped him without even set up the punch..

knockdown-vs-overeem.gif
remind me in the 2nd gif when stipe is getting up - Struve knocked him down with a good shot before that? can you gif that part for me too?

Doesn't matter because out of all the cans at HW, Cormier(retired) is the only one that can beat him right now.

How did he get exposed?? He was clearly winning the fight but to DC's credit he got that lucky shot in. Why is another thread made about this? Why are you asking to discuss this topic again? Why am I even replying here? Why do you have that bitch ass as your avatar?

????? It was a first round KO where before hand both fighters landed some good shots, in what possible world was Stipe "clearly winning"?

Hoping you're just trolling and not actually this dumb

????? It was a first round KO where before hand both fighters landed some good shots, in what possible world was Stipe "clearly winning"?

Hoping you're just trolling and not actually this dumb
He wasn't wininng the fight till the KO?? OK. I saw something different.

Volkov got dropped by Tim Johnson of all people LOL
Only way Volkov gets the belt is if a cluster fuck happens that allows him to avoid Blaydes, Stipe, DC and somehow rematch a guy like Werdum for the belt. Ping won the belt, so weirder things have happened, but I'd be shocked to see him beat the best of the best. His TDD is HOT GARBAGE and he lacks the one punch KO power that guys like Ngannou have. He is like Gus, but not as athletic and with worse take end and take down defense.

Also, how much did Stipe going thru this first pregnancy alter his fighting abilities? I know when my wife was late in her prego, it SUCKED for me. I got no sleep, was up every ten minutes with her, she was always in a bad mood, I could not concentrate, was all nervous about a baby coming etc. Kids also lower your t count big time. Not saying that is the reason, but weird that Stipe steam rolls all these savage fighters and gets dusted by fat old D.C. with ease.

Back