Mir vs Fedor: physical fitness

Rider1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So I watched the promo and saw some pictures.

Fedor looks like Roy Nelson, he is in some really bad shape. Compared to even Strikeforce days he is fat.

Frank looks in good shape for Franks average physical standard, and that's before Frank has probably even entered full camp.

Great news for Mir.

Mir could still manage to run into Fedor's fist. It isn't like his chin is a thing of legend, you know?

Mir could still manage to run into Fedor's fist. It isn't like his chin is a thing of legend, you know?
He took a shot from Todd duffee.

Anyway stop being so optimistic.
If a thinner fedor than this was arguably knocked out by Maldonado, Mir is going to win

If a thinner fedor than this was arguably knocked out by Maldonado, Mir is going to win
Ok. I don't generally pick outcomes, and I didn't here, so I will just wait and see what happens. If you got it all figured out, good for you.

Ok. I don't generally pick outcomes, and I didn't here, so I will just wait and see what happens. If you got it all figured out, good for you.
I like to pick outcomes its fun

I deffo haven't got it all figured out for sure 100%. This is cagefighting

MV5BNjkzMzEzMDc4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODM1MjExMDI@._V1_UY317_CR51,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Fedor was about 5 months removed from his last fight and doesn't fight again until April. Why would he look any different ? Most fighters look poor this far out from fights, we don't usually see it because fights aren't usually promo'd this far out.

Fedor got basically murdered in the first round against Maldonado.

Spend the remaining 2 rounds pressuring, throwing flying knees, and so on.

I don't worry about his physical fitness much.

I worry about everything else, sadly. :/

Mir is stronger.

Fedor is faster. Faster hands, faster feet.

Both guys have suffered their share of brain damage. Mir has been KOd more times overall. Fedor has been KOd in his last fight and took a really bad beating in the fight before that. Safe to say both of their chins are shot but Id imagine the guy who had a better chin in their primes has a better chin whne they're shot and my guess that its fedor.

I would guess Mir has been in more serious camps in the last 5 years than Fedor and has more ways of winning.

Classic Pride vs UFC fight with insane variables and either guy can win.

Mir is stronger.

Fedor is faster. Faster hands, faster feet.

Both guys have suffered their share of brain damage. Mir has been KOd more times overall. Fedor has been KOd in his last fight and took a really bad beating in the fight before that. Safe to say both of their chins are shot but Id imagine the guy who had a better chin in their primes has a better chin whne they're shot and my guess that its fedor.

I would guess Mir has been in more serious camps in the last 5 years than Fedor and has more ways of winning.

Classic Pride vs UFC fight with insane variables and either guy can win.

Mir is not a strong heavyweight at all, any time he is in a clinch he seems to get pushed around. Really don’t think there is much in it strength wise, Mir will struggle to take Fedor down. Sadly I think he will light him up on the feet.

Lmfao fedor is fat?????

No shit....

He has the busiest schedule out of everyone in the GP and doesn't fight until April why would he be in fight shape now?

Fedors camp will tune in around Febuary with strength,conditioning,and final gameplanning.Until Februay he will be doing basic cardio and movement training with some sparring as well.He has tons of shit to do but will definitely be in shape.

"We're in the middle of the fight, and I can tell you that there’s nobody I’ve ever fought before that did what he did, that had the capability of making me uncomfortable when I’m dictating tempo and distance. And that’s impressive.”

"He fell down and his head hit the ground,” he said. “I fell down and hit my butt. I swear to god, at the moment it happened, I thought to myself ‘holy shit, he’s so good, I don’t want to stand back up with him.’ I swear to god, I was like, ‘I need to finish this fight right now.’ So I jumped on him and thank god it worked out that way.”

"He is so good at what he does that I felt PERIL if I stood back up with him.”

^^^^ quotes from mittrione after the fedor fight........and he took the brunt of the punch on his shoulder.......not even a flush punch.

Mir is getting ktfo if he tries to stand and bang with fedor ......

Last edited:
Mir is not a strong heavyweight at all, any time he is in a clinch he seems to get pushed around. Really don’t think there is much in it strength wise, Mir will struggle to take Fedor down. Sadly I think he will light him up on the feet.

Mir judo tossed Nelson and double legged Reem.

Fedor's TDD has always been suspect. Now that he's fat and religious, it's probably even worse.

Wouldn't be surprised if Mir muscled him around against the cage and ended up on top. Fedor's bottom game is not great either, he's either getting slept or tapped.

Which is sad.

Fedor's TDD has always been suspect. Now that he's fat and religious, it's probably even worse.

Wouldn't be surprised if Mir muscled him around against the cage and ended up on top. Fedor's bottom game is not great either, he's either getting slept or tapped.

Which is sad.

We will see what happens but Mir definitely has more ways of winning.

I can also see Fedor KOing him on the feet.

People need to knock that shit off. Fedor was not arguably knocked out by Maldonado. He survived the round and won the next two. You can’t just think “well, other refs might’ve stopped it” but they would’ve been wrong to stop it since Maldonado should’ve had Fedor stiff if the ref missed an unmistakable cue to stop it. You can say “because Russia” and all but the right call was made and Fedor proved it to be the right call by making it out of the round and being fresher over the next two.

It’s not like he got a standing 8 count. He got rocked and beat up and people want to pretend be lost or should’ve lost to Fabio, when at the very worst, it should’ve been a draw if not a win for Fedor. I think the score was correct since Fedor still had offense in round 1 and 10-8 likely aren’t thrown around in Russia as haphazardly as they’ve been thrown out here lately.

Last edited:
Wasn't that old footage? I don't know. I haven't seen it since someone didn't post pics or video.

Which is sad.

Being religious impacts TDD?

Being religious impacts TDD?

I brought up "fat and religious" as a means to say he doesn't train as hard anymore, so his TDD should deteriorate.

Wrestling is the hardest part of MMA, I doubt he puts in serious time on the mats.

I brought up "fat and religious" as a means to say he doesn't train as hard anymore, so his TDD should deteriorate.

Wrestling is the hardest part of MMA, I doubt he puts in serious time on the mats.

Sure, just ribbing you. At a steakhouse now, Texas Roadhouse, and browsing the 'dog.

Back