Mir vs Fedor - Who you got?

At this stage in their careers I would put Mir as the favorite, however the recent pictures suggest he's in worse shape than I expected. Still have him as a slight favorite.

Fedor easily. although there is not much left in him he at least has been active and still got some power - dropped Mitrione with one punch plus heart - won round 2-3 against Malbobabo after being essentially ko'd. todays Mir in other hand looks like someone who hasnt trained in ages. he is retired and already have big plans with ACB. that Bellator thing is one and done for him i think.

I'd love Fedor to get it done, but he is slow and very hittable these days, and still fights very recklessly despite it being his downfall. Mir is more dangerous on the ground and I would give him a boxing advantage too at this point.

I think this is really a coin flip.

Who ever sticks to the game plan probably will win. If Fedor fights smart he should have no problem beating Mir. Basically, stick to the outside, touch him up and get out with out letting Mir clinch up over and over, and beat Mir on the feet. But that inlays the problem, Fedor hasn't fought smart very often over the last 8 years or so and many times just reckless. Mir can win easily if he can get a hold of Fedor and take him to the ground and GnP and maybe a chance of a submission opens up.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fedor went on a sort of swansong run to end his career. Mir and Sonnen are very beatable opponents. The other side of the bracket is where the difficulty lies.

Press conference Frankfurt Murr, with a side profile like Teila Tuli, I’m a little concerned.
If he’s not winded from the walk-in I’d give him a punchers chance.

Now this MIR :
A4F9425C-2195-438E-9A7F-8A389949A74A.jpeg

He has a chance against any heavyweight in the world. I truly believe that.

Right now he does have a punchers chance, he can hit hard. He fooled us with Duffy, Mir came in a little flabby, and starched Duffy, who had a lot of hype. He surprisingly boxed a Nogueira? Who knew?

I’m not comparing Duffy to Fedor, just stating a point.

Frank is dangerous on the ground, for sure, I think Fedor is going to be a little too quick standing.

...but Mir has become hard to beat against, just look at his record. I like Mir, but there were many of his fights I thought he could never win and he somehow got it done. Sometimes in spectacular fashion.

———————————————————
Photo credit to forums.sherdog.com

Last edited:
We shall see at the weigh ins which Mir shows up, but he is training and has been for some time.

These days, it's a toss-up.

Either Fedor via overhand right KO, or Mir via Triangle Choke.

I'd love Fedor to get it done, but he is slow and very hittable these days, and still fights very recklessly despite it being his downfall. Mir is more dangerous on the ground and I would give him a boxing advantage too at this point.
Fedor Isnt Slow

He was faster than fabio

Just Carless and chinny

I hope Fedor wins but he truly is a terrible cage fighter

Back