Misleading album covers.

Crimson Glory

Go Pack Go!
@red
Reaction score
You ever look at an album cover and think "The band must sound like this, look at the album cover!"

But then you pop it in a CD player(or you stream it, whatever the kids are doing these days) and you're like "...what the hell?"

When I was a kid, it was before I really got into Heavy Metal, I remember looking through my mother's CD collection(huge influence on me) and finding Meat Loafs "Bat Out of Hell" and thinking "This looks like some epic stuff!", I was pretty surprised to hear songs like "Paradise By The Dashboard Light" and "Two Out of Three Aint Bad".

To be fair, there are some heavy guitars used on this record at times, but it's not Metal.

61kzAVDjfdL.jpg

This album cover looks like the debut of some sort of serious Heavy Metal act.

Anybody else have a similar experience?

"Songs by jim steinman".

That's not the original cover.

Show me the original album cover?

So?

You're missing the point of the thread.

I wasn't actually trying to be annoying, but I realize I was.

Point was simply that the "original cover" probably didn't feature the text ""Songs by jim steinman".

I even hate Meat Loaf (except in Rocky Horror ...).

I wasn't actually trying to be annoying, but I realize I was.

Point was simply that the "original cover" probably didn't feature the text ""Songs by jim steinman".

I even hate Meat Loaf (except in Rocky Horror ...).

That's great, thanks for contributing.

In my opinion this cover is pretty unassuming and did not prepare me for the harsh industrial beats that attack the senses on all fronts.

1881310.jpg

Last edited:
Smell the Glove.

This was the cover:

2000px-Solid_black.svg.png

When it should have been:

Tap.jpg

I was so looking forward to this one...
851f2c7bb6a72909f0f57dadd8fa9bc3--worst-album-covers-lp-covers.jpg

Haha, too funny.

You think her Pastor pulled her aside and said, "Now Ms Delker, I think your title might be a bit risque"?
I'm sure he had a good talkin' to with this member of the congregation too
upload_2018-2-7_23-22-27.jpeg

Back