International Missing Saudi Journalist Killed, Saudis Threaten Global Economic Repercussions if Punished

Diamond Jim

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Mr. Khashoggi, 59, entered the Saudi consulate in Istanbul at around 1 p.m. on Tuesday and was never seen walking out, according to his fiancée, Hatice Cengiz, who accompanied him to the entrance of the building, and Turkish officials.

On Sunday, Ms. Cengiz said she couldn’t believe Mr. Khashoggi had died.

“I am waiting for official confirmation from the government. Prayers,” she wrote on herTwitter account.

Should the allegation that Mr. Khashoggi was killed in the Saudi consulate be corroborated, it would mark a dramatic escalation in Saudi Arabia’s crackdown on dissent with potentially far-reaching diplomatic consequences for the kingdom.

As they pushed to liberalize the ultraconservative country, King Salman and his powerful son, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, have also overseen a sweeping crackdown on dissidents, with hundreds of people arrested since last year. But this would mark the first time a government critic is known to have been killed, let alone in a foreign country.

These are our friends.

LMAO at them opening the doors to the embassy to "show Khasshoggi wasnt there!"
The Audacity................

I guess, thats what happens if you have the US/Israel unconditionally supporting you.

Last edited:
Not surprised by this. Saudis are pond scum.

just lol at having Trudeau the 'cuck' being the only one to stand up to this monstrous regime.

meanwhile Trump hugs balls with them
DAX_J45UMAAJ410.0.jpg

Last edited:
Combined with the Interpol chief going missing, some of these countries are getting very bold with how they deal with people they don't like.

I guess they're seeing the minimal consequences of Russia killing mf'ers all over the world, lol.

Am surprised this isn't getting much more discussion here.

--
https://www.yahoo.com/news/saudi-crown-prince-ordered-effort-011142809.html

Saudi Crown Prince Ordered Effort To Bring Jamal Khashoggi Back To Saudi Arabia: Report

"Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman personally ordered an effort to lure Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi back to his home country, according to U.S. intelligence documents described to The Washington Post on Wednesday.

The report adds new detail to Khashoggi’s disappearance, directly implicating the crown prince, who is notably close to President Donald Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner."

--

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...5875bac0b1f_story.html?utm_term=.1f445149788a

Bin Salman / Saudi Arabia is now very cosy with Israel, so the Neocon establishment, Trump and Kushner will support him. Blatantly thuggish Saudi behavior is being enabled by the Trump admin, not just incidents like this but the slaughter of civilians in Yemen.

How Trump enabled the abuses of Saudi Arabia’s crown prince

--
How Kushner Played Matchmaker Between Israel and Saudi Arabia, According to Woodward
https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.pr...ker-between-israel-and-saudi-arabia-1.6467657

--
Intercept: Saudi crown prince bragged about Kushner relationship

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/22/politics/jared-kushner-mohammed-bin-salman/index.html

Actually a lot of the pressure on this issue is coming from US intelligence agencies. The man who was killed was a valuable asset.

Given how wicked the Saudi regime is, I'm just happy that the U.S isn't helping them in their war in Yemen...

Given he has written for the Washington Post, I don't expect this story is going away. He had friends at the Post, he is an American resident and he was abducted trying to obtain wedding papers.

US in a tough position. Curious what they will do. I suspect a head in the sand strategy

Given he has written for the Washington Post, I don't expect this story is going away. He had friends at the Post, he is an American resident and he was abducted trying to obtain wedding papers.
There will be some squawking and some limp-wristed US statements expressing "concern" , but it will all be just for show / window dressing. The WaPo and liberal press will run this story for some more weeks, but everyone will forget about it and the media won't press the Trump admin on it cause Bin Salman is just too important for the ongoing Muslim and Arab relations with Israel .

I think this will just create more dissidents inside the shitty kingdom. Anything else as in external pressure? Not so much sadly.

Combined with the Interpol chief going missing, some of these countries are getting very bold with how they deal with people they don't like.

I guess they're seeing the minimal consequences of Russia killing mf'ers all over the world, lol.

China and Saudi-Arabia don´t give a shit what others say. This trend will keep growing bigger.

Take China as an example. They throw a chinese with a swedish citizenship in jail. This ultra dicatorship that choke any kind of opposition don´t like people interfearing with their domestic buisness. And this includes if you are living in Sweden, you are not allowed to point a finger at their disgusing way of treating those who dare to question.

I would clarify that we have an ongoing diplomatic crisis between Sweden and China. They feel offended by us making fun of them in a satirical news programme in the same spirit as The Daily Show.

Tragic country with an extreme lose your face mentality. Talk about Napoleon complex.

I think this will just create more dissidents inside the shitty kingdom. Anything else as in external pressure? Not so much sadly.

Probably not. The dude killed was a Westernizer, his death probably won't bother the conservative factions in the country.

The ones upset by his death are the Western countries who saw him as representative of their interests.

70% of the population is under 35.

Largest socioeconomic discrepancy in the Middle East.

Bogged down in a quagmire in Yemen has had their young men nervous (and thise young men's parents too).

Is Arab Spring 2.0 on the way?

Wasn’t Rand recently in Russia suggesting easing sanctions? What does he think Putin does?

US in a tough position. Curious what they will do. I suspect a head in the sand strategy

I will be overjoyed if the US took any positive action, but am as certain as I can be that the “didn’t see it, nothing happened” approach is going to be the strategy of choice.

MBS goes full Poortin.

Weather was probably too bad to check out the 210 ft tall minarets of Sultan Ahmed mosque.

Wasn’t Rand recently in Russia suggesting easing sanctions? What does he think Putin does?

Im pretty sure Putin is not responsible for creating modern Islamic Terrorism and funding fanatical interpretations of Islam for almost half a century.

is there some Saudi Jason Bourne we don't know about?

b/c it sounds like that's what happened haha

Back