International Missing Saudi Journalist Killed, Saudis Threaten Global Economic Repercussions if Punished

This is what I'm curious about. Does it punish your average everyday American or just the rich douchebags?

If it's the former, then why are we so reliant on these dicks? We produce more oil than them.

If it's the latter, then fuck them.

If it's weapons sales, then also fuck them.

They house and fund terrorist figureheads. They are being used as a buffer and divider of muslim allegiance against Iran. They are also shareholders in various companies around the world. If you want another 9/11, go ahead.

The only thing that can stop this is to have ALL other countries slam the door. Problem is, the muslim world will unite and we will have another crusade vs jihad on our hands. That's why we are currently in a situation right now, kinda like the Cold War where nukes can end the war but nobody is willing to so we play other games. The Cold War also taught us another way of ending this farce: economic collapse. However, arab oil ain't endling so soon and they're doing steps to mitigate its damage like oppression, immigration, etc.

They house and fund terrorist figureheads. They are being used as a buffer and divider of muslim allegiance against Iran. They are also shareholders in various companies around the world. If you want another 9/11, go ahead.

The only thing that can stop this is to have ALL other countries slam the door. Problem is, the muslim world will unite and we will have another crusade vs jihad on our hands. That's why we are currently in a situation right now, kinda like the Cold War where nukes can end the war but nobody is willing to so we play other games. The Cold War also taught us another way of ending this farce: economic collapse. However, arab oil ain't endling so soon and they're doing steps to mitigate its damage like oppression, immigration, etc.

There was no jihad when Obama reapproached Iran and stopped arms sales against them.

They are all talk and no bite. Also 9/11 would had been impossible without aid from Saudi officials.

What great leadership
He's just making shit up.

The president hasn't hidden a thing about this. He's been very clear that there's no way to approach this that doesn't cost the US billions.

The president hasn't hidden a thing about this. He's been very clear that there's no way to approach this that doesn't cost the US billions.
Money over a permanent US resident and journalist. Without a word of direct criticism.
This president is a fucking disgrace.

So he wasn't trying to hide anything when he stumped for SA immediately after this despite information generally available making what he declared a possible explanation utterly impossible? Was that him just being insanely gullible?

Or was he not trying to hide anything when he started asserting that he has no personal economic ties to SA, despite boasting about those ties previously on record? Did you just forget?

Trump lost any ability to take a conciliatory response to this the moment he made himself appear as a patsy by supporting the SA party line. This is further compounded by reports that his administration was trying to trade a Turkish dissident to get Turkey to stop pressing on this matter. He dumbly showed his hand on how he would be handling this at the jump.

So he wasn't trying to hide anything when he stumped for SA immediately after this despite information generally available making what he declared a possible explanation utterly impossible? Was that him just being insanely gullible?

Or was he not trying to hide anything when he started asserting that he has no personal economic ties to SA, despite boasting about those ties previously on record? Did you just forget?

Trump lost any ability to take a conciliatory response to this the moment he made himself appear as a patsy by supporting the SA party line. This is further compounded by reports that his administration was trying to trade a Turkish dissident to get Turkey to stop pressing on this matter. He dumbly showed his hand on how he would be handling this at the jump.
No. He did what your supposed to do and waited for the investigation to play out. Its not really a good idea for world leaders to make accusations like that towards other world leaders when the evidence hasn't been sifted through yet. Especially to please a public calling for heads.

No. He did what your supposed to do and waited for the investigation to play out. Its not really a good idea for world leaders to make accusations like that towards other world leaders when the evidence hasn't been sifted through yet. Especially to please a public calling for heads.

He didn't wait for the investigation to play out. He landed on their side from the jump. Waiting for the investigation to play out would have been saying exactly that, not throwing in "well what they're saying happened seems reasonable".

Was there anything reasonable about SA's fist fight with government agents explanation? Not even a little bit. Trump made himself look incredibly foolish by trotting that out as a real possibility. It makes him either look gullible or like a patsy. And then as I said he goes and lies about his personal economic ties to SA, despite boasting about them prior.

I do not understand in your mind how not shilling the SA party line is equivalent to throwing out baseless (even though we know he had info that would have made them not baseless) acquisitions. There is a Persian Gulf worth of other responses between those two, any of which he"d have been better off taking.

He didn't wait for the investigation to play out. He landed on their side from the jump. Waiting for the investigation to play out would have been saying exactly that, not throwing in "well what they're saying happened seems reasonable".

Was there anything reasonable about SA's fist fight with government agents explanation? Not even a little bit. Trump made himself look incredibly foolish by trotting that out as a real possibility. It makes him either look gullible or like a patsy. And then as I said he goes and lies about his personal economic ties to SA, despite boasting about them prior.

I do not understand in your mind how not shilling the SA party line is equivalent to throwing out baseless (even though we know he had info that would have made them not baseless) acquisitions. There is a Persian Gulf worth of other responses between those two, any of which he"d have been better off taking.
eh, thats false. He called it a "bad cover up." He hasn't done a thing to help them.

eh, thats false. He called it a "bad cover up." He hasn't done a thing to help them.

He called it a bad cover up after getting skewered for his initial response.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/19/us/politics/trump-saudi-arabia-journalist-khashoggi.html

On Oct 19th he said their explanation was credible, despite having his own intelligence apparatus telling him that it certainly was not.

On the 24th he changed his tone and called it the "worst cover-up". This was because in this preceding days he was raked over the coals by the media (even Fox couldn't bulwark that level of dumb), members of both parties, and the international community

He didn't gain new information, he already had it when he made the credible explanation assertion. Any reasonable person knew at that point there was nothing even slightly credible about the idea that a 60 year old journalist got into a fatal fist fight with 15 government agents that just so happened to arrive on the same day as his appointment. Trump had actual access to intelligence that told him that. Yet he still went out and lended the credibility of the President of the United States to that farcical bullshit.

That's not being measured in your response that's being conciliatory.

"Saudi Arabia gives us a lot of jobs and economic development. They've been a truly spectacular ally in terms of jobs and economic development."

Our very tough leader, president Cuck

America has lost billions of dollars over fucking Iran and Cuba with no remorse whatsoever.

America has lost billions of dollars over fucking Iran and Cuba with no remorse whatsoever.
Like I said, I just feel like some of you would rather bitch about the wrong outcome than see an arbitrator brought in. I really do. You guys don't care about any justice, you're just waiting to see what Trump does and how you can cry about it.

Like I said, I just feel like some of you would rather bitch about the wrong outcome than see an arbitrator brought in. I really do. You guys don't care about any justice, you're just waiting to see what Trump does and how you can cry about it.

I actually care about justice when it comes to SA, we were criticizing Obama's admin over the Syrian debacle way before a Trump's presidency was anything besides a Simpson's joke.

I even supported Trump early on because i believed he was going to be tough on the Saudi's what a joke.

You are projecting your own prejudices onto others btw. Since you are defending the Saudis because of Trump, you are assuming that criticizing the Saudis must be because of Trump too.

You know I was kind of pissed when this was turned into a mega-thread, but it has actually worked out.

This thread has been on the front page for a month, and has almost 30,000 views.

I actually care about justice when it comes to SA, we were criticizing Obama's admin over the Syrian debacle way before a Trump's presidency was anything besides a Simpson's joke.

I even supported Trump early on because i believed he was going to be tough on the Saudi's what a joke.

You are projecting your own prejudices onto others btw. Since you are defending the Saudis because of Trump, you are assuming that criticizing the Saudis must be because of Trump too.
Don't be ridiculous. I believe the US has conflicts of interest that make it necessary for an arbitrator, like the UN, to step in. Shady people or not, they are an ally. Economically and militarily.

... Or what he doesn't do.
That's worth a lot of criticism as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back