MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - FALLOUT (First Critics Reviews)

What is your favorite Mission: Impossible movie?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: September 16, 2016

Tom Cruise Closes MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 6 Deal, Preproduction to Resume

mission-impossible-ghost-protocol-imax-poster-slice.jpg

Light the match and cue the music. After contentious dealmaking halted preproduction on Mission: Impossible 6, earlier this summer, Tom Cruise is on the verge of closing his deal to return to the Paramount action-thriller franchise.

Cruise’s return for a sixth installment in a movie series that he has been toplining and producing since 1996 seemed like a no-brainer, but negotiations with Paramount took an unexpected turn with the studio, which was co-financing the movie with Skydance, digging in on things such as backend profit participation.

The project was heading toward a January 2017 start when the pause button was pushed.

Now sources tell THR that issues have been resolved and M:I6 is being restarted. Spring 2017 will be the new start time.

Christopher McQuarrie, who reinvigorated the franchise with the fifth installment, wrote the script and will direct.

Tom Cruise Closes 'Mission: Impossible 6' Deal, Preproduction to Resume (Exclusive)

Poll added:

What is your favorite Mission: Impossible movie?

I just pretend 2 and 3 don't exist. 1, 4 and 5 make a good trilogy.

GP is the best

Best action scenes

How I would rank them

GP
MI
RN
MI3
MI2

GP should also get credit for saving the mission impossible series. Series was dead before that movie came out.

Last edited:
It's gotta be I or III.

But anyone else think that the franchise is a bit tired at this point? C'mon Cruise, give us something new!

MI3 has my favorite cast and favorite villain.

It's gotta be I or III.

But anyone else think that the franchise is a bit tired at this point? C'mon Cruise, give us something new!

I dunno man

He is doing James Bond better then Bond is. So as long as thats happening I think he will continue with the mission franchise

I need a edge of tomorrow sequel tho

I dunno man

He is doing James Bond better then Bond is. So as long as thats happening I think he will continue with the mission franchise

I need a edge of tomorrow sequel tho

Hmm, I'd say the only recent/Craig Bond movie that I didn't like as much as MI's recent offerings was Quantum of Solace.

I want to see Cruise mix it up with some dramatic work. I mean, okay, I get it, you're 50+ but you're still in great shape and can do action. Impressive! Now give me a good drama. Or fucking Jerry Maguire 2 for that matter!

Hmm, I'd say the only recent/Craig Bond movie that I didn't like as much as MI's recent offerings was Quantum of Solace.

I want to see Cruise mix it up with some dramatic work. I mean, okay, I get it, you're 50+ but you're still in great shape and can do action. Impressive! Now give me a good drama. Or fucking Jerry Maguire 2 for that matter!

Well he is doing that universal monster stuff

So you will get some dramatic horror in the future

I haven't seen any since the second one, so I voted for the first.

4 (Ghost Protocol) was really good, 1 was good but overrated, and the rest are pure dogshit. Including the last one. Can't get excited about this.

There's only one answer and you all know what it is:

DIABOLUS is correct. Number one is number one. A tense spy film with action while the rest have been action films sprinkled with comedy. Sometimes that comedy is even on purpose.

GP is the best

Best action scenes

How I would rank them

GP
MI
RN
MI3
MI2

GP should also get credit for saving the mission impossible series. Series was dead before that movie came out.

This is how I rank them. Although for me Ghost Protocol and the original movie are neck-and-neck.

The first one is a classic and has ridiculously high replay value.

Update: March 3, 2017

THE CROWN's Vanessa Kirby Lands Female Lead in MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 6

Vanessa-Kirby-Mission-Impossible-6-b-Dragonlord.jpg

The Crown actress Vanessa Kirby is final talks for one of the new leads in Paramount and Skydance’s next installment in the Mission: Impossible film franchise starring Tom Cruise.

Rebecca Ferguson, Simon Pegg, and Jeremy Renner are also expected to return, though it’s unknown in what capacity.

Christopher McQuarrie, who directed Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation, is back to direct this sixth film from a script he wrote.

Details behind who Kirby will play as well as the plot for the latest pic are unknown at this time. The role is expected to be on the same level as Ferguson’s in the last pic. Cruise and execs had begun meeting with talent for the role earlier in month as the film is expected to shoot this spring.

In the past, the female lead role has helped propel actresses such as Ferguson and Thandie Newton into leading lady status.

While Claire Foy has received a lot of the accolades for her performance in Netflix’s The Crown, Kirby has also received plenty of praise for her portrayal of Queen Elizabeth’s sister, Princess Margaret. Previous film credits include Me Before You and Everest.

‘The Crown’ Star Vanessa Kirby Lands Lead Role in ‘Mission: Impossible 6’ (Exclusive)

I think I'm pretty much over the MI series. Waste of Tom's talents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back