Mississippi School District Pulls ‘to Kill a Mockingbird’ from Curriculum for ‘Making People Uncomfo

Teppodama

A Dude, playing a Dude, disquised as another Dude
@Silver
Reaction score
A Mississippi school district removed Harper Lee’s Pulitzer Prize-winning novel To Kill a Mockingbird from its curriculum because people felt uncomfortable with the book’s language.
Biloxi School District administrators announced this week that they would remove the novel from the 8th-grade curriculum after receiving complaints from parents that the book’s language “makes people uncomfortable,” AL.com reports.

The Sun Herald reported that administrators pulled the book from the lesson plan because passages in the novel contained “the N-word.”

A message on the school’s website describing the learning objectives for the text said that To Kill a Mockingbird teaches students about “respect for cultural differences.”

School board vice president Kenny Holloway said teachers could use other books to achieve the same learning objectives.

The book will still be available in Biloxi school libraries.

The novel, published in 1960, gives insight into the racial inequality in a small Alabama town.

So many educational institutions and libraries have deemed the novel controversial that the American Library Association listed To Kill a Mockingbird as No. 21 on their most “banned or challenged books list in the last decade.”
http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...gbird-curriculum-making-people-uncomfortable/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...d-for-racist-language/?utm_term=.b82ad9d9ea36
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ckingbird-banned-in-biloxi-schools/766270001/
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/1...rd-because-it-makes-people-uncomfortable.html

Well, I guess it's better than a good old book burning when the Feelz Police come calling...

at least I still get to keep my fap hand in a vaseline glove.

I read that book as a freshman in high school. It actually did a really good job of representing how exactly people were racist back then and my own understanding of it all

I grew up in a small town with only a single black family that nobody ever treated differently, so the concept of being racist just cause of color was difficult to wrap my head around

Jesus, Mississippi...

980x.gif

The irony of this is almost more than I can take.

I'm so sick of people getting uncomfo over things.

People just need to learn to be comfo, yo

This is liberal garbage! Dumb people down so that you can control them. I recently heard there is a local elementary school in my area that is no longer giving classroom grades.

Ran out of space for the topic title. <45>

Mississippi wants to erase their racist past so they can launch a reboot.

In a world of covfefe it's all about remaining comfo.

I've only seen the movie, but good. That Scout/Boo sex scene was FUCKED UP.

edit: Nope, it was "To Drill a Mockingbird". My bad.

160617151125-01-mississippi-state-flag-super-tease.jpg

Meanwhile this is still Mississippi's state flag. Guess they don't care about everyone not feeling uncomfo

Shouldnt have been required reading in the first damn place, kinda like Flowers In The Attic.

Why does a 6 grader need to know how to "Bust up a chifferobe?"

This is backwards ass Mississippi...
They need all the reading material they can get.

An entire state comfortable living in shotgun homes and stupidity.

Well, we can only pray none of these kids grow up and watch The Wire then.

BayWolf offends me.
The name of that book isn't American.
Students should protest ASAP

Last edited:
I'm ok with this. Why do we want our kids reading racially charged stories that do nothing but create white guilt and black resentment? All it does is add to the sjw-ing of our society.

Back