Mississippi School District Pulls ‘to Kill a Mockingbird’ from Curriculum for ‘Making People Uncomfo

I'm ok with this. Why do we want our kids reading racially charged stories that do nothing but create white guilt and black resentment? All it does is add to the sjw-ing of our society.
Well there's a novelty. Book burner TCK will save us from the liberals.

well the whole book is a microagression and we need to give students a safe place to emote in so this makes sense.

This is liberal garbage! Dumb people down so that you can control them. I recently heard there is a local elementary school in my area that is no longer giving classroom grades.
It's a Republican district in a Republican state ....

They simply decided to choose another book to achieve the same objective.

A message on the school’s website describing the learning objectives for the text said that To Kill a Mockingbirdteaches students about “respect for cultural differences.”

School board vice president Kenny Holloway said teachers could use other books to achieve the same learning objectives.

Meh, I aint mad.

This is liberal garbage! Dumb people down so that you can control them. I recently heard there is a local elementary school in my area that is no longer giving classroom grades.

This was in Mississippi, you dolt. Hardly a liberal area.

This is just more Southern conservatives trying to white wash education of its mentions of their racism.

It's incredible mental gymnastics that you could paint this as a "damn librulz" argument. I'm sure you did the same with the Texas textbook describing slaves as workers. Truly having your cake and eating it too.

I'm ok with this. Why do we want our kids reading racially charged stories that do nothing but create white guilt and black resentment? All it does is add to the sjw-ing of our society.

Case in point.

I agree. Lets stop telling minorities that they need special groups to support them to put them on an even keel with white people. These groups don't exist without racial division, which is why they try so hard to keep it prominent in society.

They simply decided to choose another book to achieve the same objective.

Meh, I aint mad.

For a state/region that is in affirmative denial about being racist, while actively being racist, I hope the alternative is sufficient.

For a state/region that is in affirmative denial about being racist, while actively being racist, I hope the alternative is sufficient.

That's actually a good point. I guess it depends on the motives of the school board.

If there is any book that promotes racism it has to be kill a mockingbird bird. Pulling the book is just about sanitizing history. I guess we should get music companies to stop like all rap music...

I agree. Lets stop telling minorities that they need special groups to support them to put them on an even keel with white people. These groups don't exist without racial division, which is why they try so hard to keep it prominent in society.

You agree with banning books if they make people uncomfortable?

You agree with banning books if they make people uncomfortable?
I just don't support low standards for minorities or the promotion of those ideas.

I just don't support low standards for minorities or the promotion of those ideas.

That's not what you just agreed with though. A guy just said he was okay with banning a book, and then you agreed with him.

That's not what you just agreed with though. A guy just said he was okay with banning a book, and then you agreed with him.
Maybe I do. If it helps end victim culture, then whatever. Lesser of two evils IMO.

Back