Mixing BJJ and TKD

Don't worry TS, with that bouncing sideways stance, lack of clinching game and hands always down you'll be on your back every time. lol

I think the TS had his girlfriend stolen by one of the Gracies or something.

The Gracies would actually agree with me. Rickson just gave an interview in BJJ magazine this month in which he is revamping competition rules so that more realistic BJJ would emerge.

The Gracies would actually agree with me. Rickson just gave an interview in BJJ magazine this month in which he is revamping competition rules so that more realistic BJJ would emerge.

Rickson has compared modern sport BJJ to modern sport TKD on multiple occasions.

I personally though don't have a problem with either.

Sport BJJ is fine if mixed with Muay Thai.

Your MT is what you fight with and your grappling only used defensively if taken down - optionally you also cross train Judo or wrestling and attack with that. This is called MMA...lol

It's fine if you train MT because it has a clinching game, TKD does not so you are trying to patch the holes in your archaic striking system with archaic grappling.

The BJJ that the Gracies espouse only works against untrained fighters so that is actually closer to TKD.

Actually BJJ comes in handy when someone catches your kick and slams you on the ground so yeah they would go together.

I did TDK as a kid and many years of both BJJ and Judo as an adult. We sparred with those TKD vests and shin pads. A side kick is great for fighting random dudes with no training. You know how most people don't know how to throw a punch and just flail around? I'd rather just side kick someone to the stomach and drop them than clinch and throw or shoot to submission. No point making an altercation last any longer than necessary. Also, there's no risk in breaking your fist, or knocking someone unconscious to the pavement maybe causing brain damage.

Will pure TDK do well in MMA? Of course not, that's not the point. Pure nothing does well in MMA.

Last edited:
I did TDK as a kid and many years of both BJJ and Judo as an adult. We sparred with those TKD vests and shin pads. A side kick is great for fighting random dudes with no training. You know how most people don't know how to throw a punch and just flail around? I'd rather just side kick someone to the stomach and drop them than clinch and throw or shoot to submission. No point making an altercation last any longer than necessary. Also, there's no risk in breaking your fist, or knocking someone unconscious to the pavement maybe causing brain damage.

Will pure TDK do well in MMA? Of course not, that's not the point. Pure nothing does well in MMA.

That's true, MMA cannot beat random untrained dudes with no training.

You must train TKD for that, they have teh ball kick and also they are the only ones authorized to bite people.

But seriously most of the TKD black belts I've seen could not hurt anyone with anything let alone a side kick.

[YT]cO-8nekWkkw[/YT]

[YT]juvoZdICrIM[/YT]

Last edited:
Don't worry TS, with that bouncing sideways stance, lack of clinching game and hands always down you'll be on your back every time. lol

I will take elite level sport TKD + wrestling over elite level BJJ + wrestling.

You must train TKD for that, they have teh ball kick and also they are the only ones authorized to bite people.

But seriously most of the TKD black belts I've seen could not hurt anyone with anything let alone a side kick.

We are talking olympic TKD not some American McDojos TKD.

We are talking olympic TKD not some American McDojos TKD.

Oh yes, very hard to get the black a belch in Korea, takes about a year hard training and you still suck haha

In fact standards so low in Korea some American mcdojo schools don't honor their black belt.

You need to be on the olympic team to beat random untrained person.

But you only need six months MMA for that same thing and to beat that Korean black belt silly, tells you something.

I saw video of Anderson Silva practicing TKD and he even looked shitty doing it.

[YT]bnUl44wnDO0[/YT]

Oh yes, very hard to get the black a belch in Korea, takes about a year hard training and you still suck haha

Because once you get a blackbelt in Korea you get a ticket to the olympics

You dont need to be in the olympic team, you just need to compete seriously to kick an untrained person silly. Which is about the same of what i see in BJJ, Judo and other martial arts.

Because once you get a blackbelt in Korea you get a ticket to the olympics

You dont need to be in the olympic team, you just need to compete seriously to kick an untrained person silly. Which is about the same of what i see in BJJ, Judo and other martial arts.

LOL no way, six month white belt in BJJ is more than necessary to kick untrained person's ass and dispose of Korean black belt.

LOL no way, six month white belt in BJJ is more than necessary to kick untrained person's ass and dispose of Korean black belt.

And who the fuck is talking about MMA? we are talking about self-defense.

In self-defense you are better striking than grappling, you are better doing both most likely but grappling is more messy and more things can go wrong.

About kicks, its been shown that pretty much any martial artist that actually trains instead of LARP can deal a devastating kick

[YT]Gw4EoWi5QSM[/YT]

Even the capoeira guy, a MA that its closer to a dance can kick the head off an individual.

You are probably pretty tough, you would catch that 136mph kick with over 2200lbs of force and then pull guard on that guy right?

Last edited:
And who the fuck is talking about MMA? we are talking about self-defense.

In self-defense you are better striking than grappling, you are better doing both most likely but grappling is more messy and more things can go wrong.

About kicks, its been shown that pretty much any martial artist that actually trains instead of LARP can deal a devastating kick

[YT]Gw4EoWi5QSM[/YT]

Even the capoeira guy, a MA that its closer to a dance can kick the head off an individual.

You are probably pretty tough, you would catch that 136mph kick with over 2200lbs of force and then pull guard on that guy right?

Someone needs to watch UFC 1 again...boy that kick was devastating

[YT]H-srqZb7Kbg[/YT]

[YT]cO-8nekWkkw[/YT]

[YT]juvoZdICrIM[/YT]

??? That was akin to sparring. In no sport do you concuss people on purpose in training. You also do not learn ball kicks or bites in TKD. Nor did I say MMA can not be used to defeat untrained people.

wut

Back