Mixing BJJ and TKD

??? That was akin to sparring. In no sport do you concuss people on purpose in training. You also do not learn ball kicks or bites in TKD. Nor did I say MMA can not be used to defeat untrained people.

wut

Oh I guess you have not been privy to teh latest threads on TMA where Karate and TKD practitioners claim their ball kicks give them the edge.

I try to tell them it's against the rules but they insist is is widely practiced along with biting and scratching. lol

I was just shedding some light on the harmless nature of these gentle creatures.

Someone needs to watch UFC 1 again...boy that kick was devastating

[YT]H-srqZb7Kbg[/YT]

UFC 1 also had boxers, judoka and wrestlers losing to Royce, whats the point?

machida.gif

[YT]9pwMnKNNuDM[/YT]

10001339.gif

293612_o.gif

But BJJ is TEH INVINCIBULL RITE? BJJ white belt can win mortal kombat and save the world.

Oh I guess you have not been privy to teh latest threads on TMA where Karate and TKD practitioners claim their ball kicks give them the edge.

I try to tell them it's against the rules but they insist is is widely practiced along with biting and scratching. lol

I was just shedding some light on the harmless nature of these gentle creatures.

No, just pointing out that any sport where you have practitioners kicking with 2200 lbs of force at 136mph against moving targets its not to be trifled with, specially if you are untrained.

No, just pointing out that any sport where you have practitioners kicking with 2200 lbs of force at 136mph against moving targets its not to be trifled with, specially if you are untrained.

Johsouth is a horrible poster and troll. If you try and argue with him you are a basically arguing with the type of idiot you see in worldstar street fight videos.

Has this really turned into a BJJ vs TKD thread? lmao.

Worked pretty well for Anthony Pettis TS. I say go for it. Add in some boxing, maybe spend some time training with a local wrestling team, and you're a pretty well rounded MMA fighter.

UFC 1 also had boxers, judoka and wrestlers losing to Royce, whats the point?

machida.gif

[YT]9pwMnKNNuDM[/YT]

10001339.gif

293612_o.gif

But BJJ is TEH INVINCIBULL RITE? BJJ white belt can win mortal kombat and save the world.

No, but it beats any other single martial art out there with the possible exception of Judo but Yoshida was an Olympic Judoka and Royce is the shittiest Gracie who never wins anything.

Worked pretty well for Anthony Pettis TS. I say go for it. Add in some boxing, maybe spend some time training with a local wrestling team, and you're a pretty well rounded MMA fighter.

Show me an MMA fighter who only trains TKD and no Muay Thai.

These are MMA fighters, so no it doesn't work "pretty well" for Anthony Pettis.

You saw Anderson practicing right? Everybody sucks at TKD because TKD sucks.

I saw Chuck Norris doing some demo and I was like "damn I ain't afraid of him", it's not at all like the movies. Not at all.

Johsouth is a horrible poster and troll. If you try and argue with him you are a basically arguing with the type of idiot you see in worldstar street fight videos.

I love how you pretend to be educated but you just attack the person and leave their arguments alone.

Basically what completely uneducated people do, stuff that would flunk you in grade school English.

If you went to college it was Affirmative action all the way.

So basically you are hoping you never have to fight some athletic punk that is trained with six months of MMA.

You are willing to study for years to be able to beat up untrained people.

I think most untrained athletes would totally stuff your average TKD student anyway.

I been to some TKD classes, it's mostly nerdy guys who never fought in their lives and are scared.

Has this really turned into a BJJ vs TKD thread? lmao.

Basically that MMA is a better option than TKD + GJJ.

GJJ is a waste of time, the idea is good but they don't hold those people to any kind of realistic standard. You find the same weak, slow, uncoordinated people in the TKD classes and they get their belts for existing.

Sport BJJ with the right instructor combined with Muay Thai in an MMA program will make you one tough mofo.

A famous Gracie black belt once said in one of his videos teaching his class that the most important thing is that nobody gets hurt during training.

I was like...huh?

They cater to a different crowd, that's all I can say.

A 160 lbs brazilian who had trained all his life to win that sort of match.

But then again someone just point a video of an olympic TKD woman subding an individual with a single kick. Would a BJJ woman had achieved the same thing? sure with far more mess.

When it comes to self-defense, grappling kind of sucks.

Using olympic level athletes to validate a fighting style is stupid. An olympic decathlete could beat the shit out of 99% of the untrained public.

And what's more stupid than that is using anecdotal evidence, like 1 video. A BJJ woman (actually lets compare apples to apples - a BJJ BB world champ) could have easily thrown or kicked the dude in the balls too. TKD doesn't have a monopoly on ball kicks.

The average BJJ guy is going to do better than an average TKD guy against an untrained, but still dangerous attacker. Average. Not fucking TKD olympians, average.

Using olympic level athletes to validate a fighting style is stupid. An olympic decathlete could beat the shit out of 99% of the untrained public.

She is beating a guy which is many times bigger than him witha single kick.

And what's more stupid than that is using anecdotal evidence, like 1 video. A BJJ woman (actually lets compare apples to apples - a BJJ BB world champ) could have easily thrown or kicked the dude in the balls too. TKD doesn't have a monopoly on ball kicks.

He wasnt kicked in the balls and it takes training to accurately hit a guy like that.

And easily thrown? really?

The average BJJ guy is going to do better than an average TKD guy against an untrained, but still dangerous attacker. Average. Not fucking TKD olympians, average.

Average sport TKD practitioner as in they compete? ill go for the TKD practitioner after year 2 to leave unscathed against an untrained individual.

BJJ train to beat BJJ, it doesnt deals with spazzy flailing individuals, and while its pretty unlikely that a spazzy individual will beat a trained guy, it still carries a high risk of injury that striking arts dont have.

I had one guy bit me, as i tried to stop him, i threw him but the fucking bite was nasty it took 2 weeks to go off and it drew blood.

One friend of mine from the judo team also, had one guy poke him in the eye, he simply reached to his face and dug his thumb, of course it didnt stopped my friend from beating him silly, but he had a subconjuctival hemorraghe.

Even i the BJJ beats TKD 19 out of 20, the TKD guy is better suited at dealing with an untrained stranger while leaving unscathed.

There is something about grappling that panics individuals and since they dont know you will stop after restraining them, they can go wild as fuck. So unless you are a cop, learn how to KTFO an individual as fast as possible if you want self-defense.

Last edited:
Muay Thai is better than TKD for street fighting and in the cage, there is no need for TKD.

Some people just want to be different or they are nerds and want to feel intellectually superior to the "jocks".

They pursue fighting the same way they pursue everything else - over thinking everything.

But it turns out over thinking is not great for fighting.

Last edited:
Back