Mixing BJJ and TKD

She is beating a guy which is many times bigger than him witha single kick.

He wasnt kicked in the balls and it takes training to accurately hit a guy like that.

And easily thrown? really?
He was surprised, caught totally off guard. He lat flared her, arms down, thinking he could scare her, and I stand corrected, looks like he got kicked in the stomach. And yeah, caught off guard, he would have been easily thrown, just as he was easily kicked with his arms/guard totally down. You'd be foolish to think the outcome would be the same if the element of surprise was removed, and he had his guard up and realized her potential from the beginning.

Average sport TKD practitioner as in they compete? ill go for the TKD practitioner after year 2 to leave unscathed against an untrained individual.

BJJ train to beat BJJ, it doesnt deals with spazzy flailing individuals, and while its pretty unlikely that a spazzy individual will beat a trained guy, it still carries a high risk of injury that striking arts dont have.

I had one guy bit me, as i tried to stop him, i threw him but the fucking bite was nasty it took 2 weeks to go off and it drew blood.

One friend of mine from the judo team also, had one guy poke him in the eye, he simply reached to his face and dug his thumb, of course it didnt stopped my friend from beating him silly, but he had a subconjuctival hemorraghe.

Even i the BJJ beats TKD 19 out of 20, the TKD guy is better suited at dealing with an untrained stranger while leaving unscathed.

There is something about grappling that panics individuals and since they dont know you will stop after restraining them, they can go wild as fuck. So unless you are a cop, learn how to KTFO an individual as fast as possible if you want self-defense.

You got bit and your friend got poked in the eye. You don't say. You mean in a fight anything is possible? But hey, of course, nothing random can happen to a TKD guy, right? In your fucked world, untrained opponents are fucking fat idiots that are somehow surprisingly good at resisting grapplers by flailing, biting and eye gouging, but are completely clueless dimwits when striking. Sorry, not how things work.I can produce fight vids of grapplers NOT getting bit/gouged/testicled for every one of your experiences where you got injured.

And speaking of vids, I can't find a single real street fight vid of TKD. I wonder why? Maybe its because its so fucking effective the fight ends before any camera can record it.

I don't believe BJJ is some magic street fight pill. But just because BJJ is imperfect, doesn't automatically elevate TKD to a superior SD art.

He was surprised, caught totally off guard. He lat flared her, arms down, thinking he could scare her, and I stand corrected, looks like he got kicked in the stomach. And yeah, caught off guard, he would have been easily thrown, just as he was easily kicked with his arms/guard totally down. You'd be foolish to think the outcome would be the same if the element of surprise was removed, and he had his guard up and realized her potential from the beginning.

Because during street altercations everyone makes a ring where they fight to an 80s tune by alternating punches?

Of course he was caught off-guard and thats the point of pre-emptive striking, if the guy as you said raises a guard then the girl just needs to step back and he is out of reach.

You fail to realize that the orthodox striking stance is inherently defensive in nature, if you are trying to mug me with an orthodox stance i can just walk away, if you follow me then you lose that stance.

You got bit and your friend got poked in the eye. You don't say. You mean in a fight anything is possible? But hey, of course, nothing random can happen to a TKD guy, right? In your fucked world, untrained opponents are fucking fat idiots that are somehow surprisingly good at resisting grapplers by flailing, biting and eye gouging,

No, im pointing out that that closer you are to your opponent the more damage, your opponent can do to you. Also being grappled by a stranger puts people into panic mode, panicked people are inherently more dangerous.

but are completely clueless dimwits when striking. Sorry, not how things work.I can produce fight vids of grapplers NOT getting bit/gouged/testicled for every one of your experiences where you got injured.

How many of those videos involve strangers fighting instead of retards going at it at a frat party/backyard?

And speaking of vids, I can't find a single real street fight vid of TKD. I wonder why? Maybe its because its so fucking effective the fight ends before any camera can record it.

You cant find videos where a guy kicks the bajeezus of someone else?

I don't believe BJJ is some magic street fight pill. But just because BJJ is imperfect, doesn't automatically elevate TKD to a superior SD art.

I didnt said BJJ or TKD i said striking vs grappling.

Although the shitty throws from the lack of standing sparring is a big gap when it comes to self-defense.

Because during street altercations everyone makes a ring where they fight to an 80s tune by alternating punches?

Of course he was caught off-guard and thats the point of pre-emptive striking, if the guy as you said raises a guard then the girl just needs to step back and he is out of reach.

You fail to realize that the orthodox striking stance is inherently defensive in nature, if you are trying to mug me with an orthodox stance i can just walk away, if you follow me then you lose that stance.

No, im pointing out that that closer you are to your opponent the more damage, your opponent can do to you. Also being grappled by a stranger puts people into panic mode, panicked people are inherently more dangerous.

How many of those videos involve strangers fighting instead of retards going at it at a frat party/backyard?

You cant find videos where a guy kicks the bajeezus of someone else?

I didnt said BJJ or TKD i said striking vs grappling.

Although the shitty throws from the lack of standing sparring is a big gap when it comes to self-defense.

1. Any reasonably athletic woman with an offensive mindset can kick, punch, or throw a bully caught off guard. That's all that TKD woman did. To use that scenario as your best example of why TKD is better than BJJ for SD is just weak. And for you to suggest that a world champ grappler couldn't throw that same unguarded bully unscathed because YOU got bit and your friend got eye gouged is laughable.

2. You don't need to escalate to a fighting stance to be "guarded". I can have my hands down at my sides, but my mind and reflexes ready to fight/dodge a pre-emptive strike in a tense situation. Sometimes you keep your hands at your sides to try to defuse a tense situation, but deep down, you know a strike could be incoming, so you're mentally ready for it.

3. Eye gouges and biting...you're right. If I'm close enough to bite someone, he might be close enough to bite me. If my hands can reach his eyes, there's a chance he can reach mine. While you believe this to be revelation, I call it physics. Its called engagement distance. The same reciprocal dangers are present for strikers. If I can punch him, he can punch me. And shit can happen - I can mistime a punch and break my hand or cut myself against his teeth. Or any other countless possibilities that could happen in a street fight.

4. There are plenty of legit "untrained" vs grappler SD fights on the internet. I'm not your fucking search engine. You and everyone here knows they exist. We also know none exist of TKD vs untrained SD street fights.

5. Nope. Go read your own shit. You specifically mention TKD vs grappling in SD. If you can't even acknowledge your bullshit, I'm done with this argument. But here, let me quote your shit for you:
Even i the BJJ beats TKD 19 out of 20, the TKD guy is better suited at dealing with an untrained stranger while leaving unscathed.

This my style is better than your style shit is stupid. BJJ is good and TKD is good. End of subject. Everyone is not training for the ring or tournaments. Some folks just want to defend themselves against average assholes. As a cop, I can tell you, plenty of trained dudes get their asses handed to them by untrained street fighters with bad attitudes. I don't care what you train in. If you are a pussy, that's what you are. No training in the world gonna change that. TKD teaches great strikes. BJJ great ground game. I am ranked in both. I could give a fuck about what other folks train in. Just do what you wanna do. If you want to test yourself in real life, join a law enforcement agency. You'll get your chance more than you want.

Back