Mixing monitor resolutions

90 50

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
so, I’ve never ran multiple monitors of different resolution and or Hrz before.

Right now I’m running two msi mag27c’s. 1080p 144hz.

I’m thinking about adding a mag27cq, these have the same bezels, stands curve angle etc etc. physically they are exactly the same in appearance, so aesthetically would not be like having “different “ monitors on the desk.

They are 1440p, 144z there are a few reasons I want a higher resolution monitor

Will the graphics card natively just push 1440 to one and 1080 to the other? Or will it stop both down to 1080?

I know i should just google this but I was interested in everyone’s experience that might run two different monitors at the same time.

Now I wouldn’t have the same thing running on two screens at once, each screen would have individual “things running”

I could be editing photos , videos or watching videos on the 1440p and other stuff up on the 1080p managing clips to cut , photo I want to add whatever.

Or maybe playing a game on the 1440p and having other stuff running in the background on the 1080(like my video editing software rendering and watching the progress etc)

What ever the case is, is it native to switch screens on tasks and have it pushed to the resolution?

I just don’t want to buy a 1440 monitor and have it stuck at 1080 because the other one is

Thanks!

I have the same set up my photo editing monitor is 1440p and my other one in 1080p and it runs fine. The most annoying thing is moving the mouse from the 1440p to the 1080 it gets hung up on the top and bottom because even though they are both 27inches the 1080 is smaller.

I'm pretty sure Windows 10 sets the display to the monitor's native resolution as long as you pick "extend." If for some reason it doesn't, I know you can change it manually either from Windows settings or the Nvidia control panel. I go from a 3000 x 2000 laptop screen to an 800 x 600 display for my classroom every day at work.

The only issue is similar to what's described in the above post: moving the mouse from screen to screen can be a bit of a hassle, especially if you're trying to move a whole window over, but it's nothing too troubling.

I'm pretty sure Windows 10 sets the display to the monitor's native resolution as long as you pick "extend." If for some reason it doesn't, I know you can change it manually either from Windows settings or the Nvidia control panel. I go from a 3000 x 2000 laptop screen to an 800 x 600 display for my classroom every day at work.

The only issue is similar to what's described in the above post: moving the mouse from screen to screen can be a bit of a hassle, especially if you're trying to move a whole window over, but it's nothing too troubling.
Yeah I’ve split to projectors and stuff before and it natively does it but didn’t know if it was the same running through a graphics card or not

Thanks!

Back