MLB Offseason - Stanton to SF

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is. Lol

My favorite Royal of this era with that nucleus. I was a fan from the start, too- which is cool because you feel like you called it. Probably in my top 3 favorite Royals ever.

Im happy for Cain. Gets a big payday and to go to a team that will compete

Already tension with the manager after making fun of the GOAT batting stance, send him back

Bummer that Santana is going to get traded now though, I like him. Would rather it be Braun but Santana has way more value and they need pitching. If they do that and maybe sign another FA pitcher I’ll be pretty content

They should establish minimum spending requirements for all the cheap teams. That’s what’s hurting free agency this year. Plenty of teams that have money.

They should establish minimum spending requirements for all the cheap teams. That’s what’s hurting free agency this year. Plenty of teams that have money.
I'm good with a spending floor, especially in a league with revenue sharing. But FAs can stop crying they aren't being overpaid - like 90% of big MLB contracts end badly for the team. What plays should be working on changing is the system, teams owning them for cheap for 6+ years. So they hit the market age 30+ and then rely on teams giving them 6 years which always ends up badly.

Also think players are just ignoring the CBA they agreed to and how qualifying offers work. I think the GIants would have signed someone like Cain if: It didn't cost them picks (Basically giving up a 1st rounder + 4th rounder), they didn't need to "reset" the luxury tax.

Gregor Blanco to SF on minor league deal.

Meh, can maybe platoon with Jackson in CF and pinch hit/run time to time if it works out.

College pitchers are supposed to be more refined, but still risky to use 1st round pick on a pitcher.

Also, I saw the recent Mr. Padre Tony Gwynn MLB Network documentary, and it was neat that Strasberg was a Gwynn fan as a kid, then played under him in college.

That’s not a bad deal tbh. Darvish should do well under Maddon.

I'm scared of any long term deal to a guy on the wrong side of 30. Probably worth it if he pitches lights out for 4 years, always a chance the entire back end is bad though

Woooow. That's a pretty solid rotation. Also, barring injury, he seems smart and crafty enough to pitch into his later years. In like 40 years he'll probably be a 70 year old man throwing nothing but eephus pitches lol

Personally, i hope he pitches like shit.

Bright side for the Cubs it wasn't near Price money.

Astros talking to Marlins about Realmuto. Marlins want Tucker.

@RR

No way the trade Tucker for JT. Maube a package around Martes or Fisher

I just laugh everytime some team asks about Realmuto, and Marlins want top prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back