MLB Season V2: Can't have Baseball if you don't have your Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orioles are ridiculous. I said the same thing.

Where have you been dude? Been a while
Kicking around the World Cup thread and suffering through Mets games.

Started an assistant professor job last August. They fill up your days.

How are you sir?

Thugchado is a good pick up for the Dodgers, even if they don't re sign him. Still would see them beating the Yanks, Sox or Stros though.
Lol how bout you shut the hell up

Kicking around the World Cup thread and suffering through Mets games.

Started an assistant professor job last August. They fill up your days.

How are you sir?

Nice.

No complaints. Doing great

Thugchado is a good pick up for the Dodgers, even if they don't re sign him. Still would see them beating the Yanks, Sox or Stros though.
How do you feel having Thugchado thugging around down the freeway from you??

Well, now that Manny is dealt, they can get to work on trading everyone else. Blow it all up, except Bundy, Schoop and maybe Gausman. Figure out how you're going to save money DFA'ing Davis next year (unless someone is willing to give a bag of balls and/or chaw for him). Can't get any worse playing AA players the rest of the way.

I'll miss Manny, but Dodgers fans about to learn that while he can and does (repeatedly and often) make truly incredible plays, he also clearly has severe ADD. Dude loses concentration all the fucking time, especially on the basepaths, but also sometimes in the field between pitches. Other than that though, he's incredible. Well, the haircut is an issue too.

He fits right in with all the dodger fans.
ap_524079461757.jpg

The Brand Hand trade was perfect for both sides, Indians get one of the best lefties in baseball and the Padres future looks super bright.

Agreed. As long as Houston gets Britton or Iglesias I'm cool. Preferably Britton because he will be a lot cheaper.
Everyone is available from the O's pen, but don't bank on Britton being cheap. Even with the injury, dude put up the best relief year in history in 2016 and already makes $12 million this year. UFA this offseason.

Unless you mean cheaper to trade for. Which yeah, since Iglesias is signed 'cheap' for a few years.

Dodgers need to find at least two relievers. They did well with Watson and Cingrani last year. Hopefully they can do the same this year.

Everyone is available from the O's pen, but don't bank on Britton being cheap. Even with the injury, dude put up the best relief year in history in 2016 and already makes $12 million this year. UFA this offseason.

Unless you mean cheaper to trade for. Which yeah, since Iglesias is signed 'cheap' for a few years.

I meant cheaper to trade for. I know how good he is. The Stros system is so deep that they have a lot of guys who are mlb ready who will never play here. I wanted them to take a look at Adam Jones too but unlikely since they brought up Tucker. Club control on Iglesias would be nice as that's their only issue for the next 3 years.

They are kicking the tires on Realmuto which would cost a ton but would create a video game like lineup

I meant cheaper to trade for. I know how good he is. The Stros system is so deep that they have a lot of guys who are mlb ready who will never play here. I wanted them to take a look at Adam Jones too but unlikely since they brought up Tucker. Club control on Iglesias would be nice as that's their only issue for the next 3 years.

They are kicking the tires on Realmuto which would cost a ton but would create a video game like lineup
I will be so sad when they trade Jones, which I expect by the trade deadline. He's never been a superstar, but he's the model of consistency and even as a California guy, he completely embraced the city and team, doing a ton of work in the non-profit world around here. Also a natural leader of the team.

Fucking Duquette is the worst GM ever though. Can't believe they didn't blow this team up in the offseason. Would have gotten so much more for Manny. Not to mention this season has completely tanked the value of the top relievers we had like Brach, Givens and to a lesser extent O'Day (since injuries fucked him up the last couple years). Many will point to the Davis contract as well, but I actually give him a pass on that. That was Buck and Angelos (and the fans) pressuring him to resign Davis and at the time he was coming off a good season (leading the league in HR for the 2nd time in 3 years). Lot of revisionist history on that deal. 7 years was fucking insane though.

I will be so sad when they trade Jones, which I expect by the trade deadline. He's never been a superstar, but he's the model of consistency and even as a California guy, he completely embraced the city and team, doing a ton of work in the non-profit world around here. Also a natural leader of the team.

Fucking Duquette is the worst GM ever though. Can't believe they didn't blow this team up in the offseason. Would have gotten so much more for Manny. Not to mention this season has completely tanked the value of the top relievers we had like Brach, Givens and to a lesser extent O'Day (since injuries fucked him up the last couple years). Many will point to the Davis contract as well, but I actually give him a pass on that. That was Buck and Angelos (and the fans) pressuring him to resign Davis and at the time he was coming off a good season (leading the league in HR for the 2nd time in 3 years). Lot of revisionist history on that deal. 7 years was fucking insane though.

Couldn't agree more on Jones. I've followed him for a while and know that he's not only a good player but a good dude. I know that he would fit in perfectly with this Stros team.

Spot on. He would have gotten an insane haul for Machado had he moved him during the winter meetings. Made absolutely no sense to keep him. It's always tough with relivers because they are so up and down. Gotta get good value for them if you're not contending. Look at Hand. He just fetched a top prospect and the dude was designated for assignment by the Marlins. I don't fault the Davis deal either. Like you said Revisionist history

Sucks to see Hand go, but it was inevitable. Like RR said, guy was a nobody a few years ago and now he’s being traded for a top prospect. Padres clearly aren’t competing anyways, no need for a good closer.

Sucks to see Hand go, but it was inevitable. Like RR said, guy was a nobody a few years ago and now he’s being traded for a top prospect. Padres clearly aren’t competing anyways, no need for a good closer.
Getting Mejia is huge, but I feel like if he plays too well for them, they'll let him walk when it comes around to contract time.

I heard some interesting fact while I was at Cubs/Pads game the the other day..... the Yankees made more money in apparel sales last year than the Pads made in ticket sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back