MMA fighter vs Spartan soldier ... who would win?(everything is allowed)

Man with sword/spear beats unarmed man. Not exactly a surprise.

In a straight up unarmed contest, modern professional fighters lay waste to soldiers from any era. I’m not sure there has been a single period in history where soldiers trained extensively in unarmed combat. You’re there to kill or be killed, and for that reason alone you don’t mess about with your fists.

You use weaponry. I’m sure there would’ve been a bigger emphasis on unarmed combat back in spartan times, but it would still only form a small part of their training. If you find yourself unarmed on a medieval battlefield, you’re most likely already fucked.

No guns.

swords/knives/shields/fighting skills are allowed

but no fucken guns ... that would be unfair.

so basically the scenario is rigged towards the spartans from the beginning and the topic is completely pointless.

Man with sword/spear beats unarmed man. Not exactly a surprise.

In a straight up unarmed contest, modern professional fighters lay waste to soldiers from any era. I’m not sure there has been a single period in history where soldiers trained extensively in unarmed combat. You’re there to kill or be killed, and for that reason alone you don’t mess about with your fists.

You use weaponry. I’m sure there would’ve been a bigger emphasis on unarmed combat back in spartan times, but it would still only form a small part of their training. If you find yourself unarmed on a medieval battlefield, you’re most likely already fucked.

What I read about it (studied history for some semester) it was even less unarmed training as in todays army. Basically none. Nowadays its important to keep them fit and focused were back then they had melee weapons training. Nothing more useless in combat than unarmed combat.

Thats why a better comparison are the athletes competing at Olympia.

The Spartans were just hyped up. I don't think they were tougher than any other tough guys. You're either tough or you're not. There are really only two levels of toughness, whether you can ignore pain and whether you can ignore injury. There are plenty of MMA fighters that have proven to be able to ignore both pain and injury.

Sparta was incredibly small, with only about 10k citizens of fighting age. It was a very small pool of talent. It may have seemed tough to other Greek city states but those were also small.

As mentioned above their fighting prowess was not that flexible. They just were well organized for phalanx. They were not known for one on one fighting particularly.

Spartans just had some good marketing that was very specific to their neighboring cultures, but in the list of greatest fighters in history they are nowhere near the top.

Someone trained for actual war vs a person who competes in a defined ruleset

I could see some guy like Jones being able to use range and dodge the sword for a bit til the spartan slows down and then grab his body and strangle/elbow to death from there

I imagine lots of fighters would be able to (in an wide open area) avoid the sword and be patient, and then eventually take their chance getting close and end it

No.
No unarmed man could “avoid the sword” of a trained warrior who has killed men with that sword.

Weapons change everything.
Any MLB player with their bat vs an unarmed MMA fighter.
My $ is on the MLB player and I win 9x/10 too.

MMA fighter vs 150 lb mountain lion.
Lion takes this, easily.

I remember seeing Royce vs kimbo couple of years ago for the 1st time in decades

Now I always felt that fight was 25 minutes long cause at the end Royce was completely exhausted. To my suprise that fight was less than 5 minutes long.

The fattest outta shape hw of today wouldn’t be that exhausted after 5 minutes n Royce did grappling/vale Tudo his entire life.

So if 25 years made a huge difference in the evolution of fighting 2000 years would be 25 x 100

Can you post a link to the Royce vs kimbo fight? I never saw that one.

Socrates would beat the shit out of conor mcgregor.

The Spartans were just hyped up. I don't think they were tougher than any other tough guys. You're either tough or you're not. There are really only two levels of toughness, whether you can ignore pain and whether you can ignore injury. There are plenty of MMA fighters that have proven to be able to ignore both pain and injury.

Sparta was incredibly small, with only about 10k citizens of fighting age. It was a very small pool of talent. It may have seemed tough to other Greek city states but those were also small.

As mentioned above their fighting prowess was not that flexible. They just were well organized for phalanx. They were not known for one on one fighting particularly.

Spartans just had some good marketing that was very specific to their neighboring cultures, but in the list of greatest fighters in history they are nowhere near the top.

i agree. Roman legionnaires, Macedonian phalanx infantry should be regarded much higher. Even their contemporaries like Thebans beat them but the Thebans get nowhere near the same respect.

I said you could hold onto my cum, not that your gonna get to touch my dick you foul mind, who says anything about dudes, this must be some kind of fantasy of yours but dont worry god judges you.

You told me, another dude, to hold your cum, which as I stated, I'm not into. And I never, not ONCE, said anything about touching your dick lmaooo dont CLEARLY project your fantasies onto others.

YOU were the one saying for another dude to hold your cum
YOU were the one talking about another dude touching your dick.

YOU said all that, so nice try bud :) good luck finding a dude to fulfill your inner desires. I wish you luck!!

Honestly even in unarmed combat I think the Spartan takes it. The most valuable trait back then was toughness, in the UFC now the most valuable trait is running your mouth. It's a different class of men.

You told me, another dude, to hold your cum, which as I stated, I'm not into. And I never, not ONCE, said anything about touching your dick lmaooo dont CLEARLY project your fantasies onto others.

YOU were the one saying for another dude to hold your cum
YOU were the one talking about another dude touching your dick.

YOU said all that, so nice try bud :) good luck finding a dude to fulfill your inner desires. I wish you luck!!
Yeah man so you can preserve it for generations not for your own cum shower, if this seems gay to you then thats your thing, maybe shouldnt offer fictitious tissues over the internet.

Sorry im back.

i agree. Roman legionnaires, Macedonian phalanx infantry should be regarded much higher. Even their contemporaries like Thebans beat them but the Thebans get nowhere near the same respect.

in other words: You can take advantage of your environment.

You cant ask for more.

MMA rules? The Spartans are then disadvantaged.
No rules fight would be fair to both sides and no USDA (Yes, mma fighters can use PEDs.)

I did not say they were better in technical terms but in general the attitude was much more do or die because they literally had to face death all the time. And there were full time athletes.

And the greeks had Pankration. They were in a way much more advanced than we before MMA took of. They had great wrestlers and boxing with Pancration combining it but also ellbows, knees,chokes..etc were allowed and winning only by ko or death by official rules kind of shows how tough they were.
agreed as do modern soldiers though, strikes and chokes they use look very instinctive though nothing too technical.

Spartans trained with weapons since the day they were born. So obviously they would be better at that. Of course, dudes back then were tiny compared to present day...but it would still be tough for most MMA fighters (who have zero or near-zero weapons training) to win that one. Maybe the Diaz brothers, or Conor if he had a loading truck. The best strategy would probably be to try a hail-mary sword swipe and try to get into a messy grappling situation where they could easily win.

Hand to hand??? That wouldn't go particularly well for the Spartans, I fear. Present day MMA fighters are almost certainly the deadliest hand to hand fighters to ever walk the face of the earth (although they have a bit less training in "dirty" stuff than some...depending on who it is of course - I'd put Jon Jones up there with the 1700s-1800s eye guage duelers in the US) And again, they are way, way, WAAAAAYYYY bigger in general - unless we had Mighty Mouse fighting them or something

Spartans trained with weapons since the day they were born. So obviously they would be better at that. Of course, dudes back then were tiny compared to present day...but it would still be tough for most MMA fighters (who have zero or near-zero weapons training) to win that one. Maybe the Diaz brothers, or Conor if he had a loading truck. The best strategy would probably be to try a hail-mary sword swipe and try to get into a messy grappling situation where they could easily win.

Hand to hand??? That wouldn't go particularly well for the Spartans, I fear. Present day MMA fighters are almost certainly the deadliest hand to hand fighters to ever walk the face of the earth (although they have a bit less training in "dirty" stuff than some...depending on who it is of course)

I think we can say that our technique is better, but toughness and endurance go to the Spartans.

- No MMA rules, but I allow PEDs (MMA fighters).

A fight where you can take advantage of your environment is more than fair to both sides.

Yeah man so you can preserve it for generations not for your own cum shower, if this seems gay to you then thats your thing, maybe shouldnt offer fictitious tissues over the internet.

Lmaooooo good attempt at saving face! And I wouldn't have to offer fictitious tissues if you weren't crying.

But like I said, do you :)

Back