MMA fighter vs Spartan soldier ... who would win?(everything is allowed)

right-idea-mr-bond-but-wrong-forum.jpg

Most pro boxers would destroy the Spartan only a hard full of top mma fighters would last 30 seconds

Spartans and other Greeks owe most of their military success to superior military tactics, not to superior abs. Hoplite infantry arranged in phalanxes dominated the Eastern Mediterranean. The Spartans and Athenians certainly thought they were tougher than the Persians and others, but the key to their success was that they fought smarter.

When Spartan power was ultimately smashed by Epaminandas and the Thebans, it was because they had learned to organize and array their phalanxes better. If memory serves, one key difference was the depth f their formations, as many as 50 ranks deep in some cases.

The phalanx was the preeminent military formation until the advent of the Roman manipular legion.

I literally learned this today on the way to work.

I'm almost finished this lecture series.

We dont know everything about the Spartans., but we can say that our techniques are better (blah blah)

I know one thing for sure: toughness and endurace go to the Spartans

and lets not forget one thing: Most fighters wouldnt be on PEDs.

<Goldie11><Goldie11>
<Goldie11><Goldie11>

In a fight where you can use everything => my money is on the spartan soldier 60/40.
242fa1eba04fa69489b492d4e9accd6038e2473ba55c7af508f857285656fcfc.jpg

ps: I know we will never find out.

edit:
No guns.

swords/knives/shields/fighting skills are allowed

but no fucken guns ... that would be unfair.

Gerard Butler and the other actors from 300 were on steroids, lol!

Sorry im back.

in other words: You can take advantage of your environment.

You cant ask for more.

MMA rules? The Spartans are then disadvantaged.
No rules fight would be fair to both sides and no USDA (Yes, mma fighters can use PEDs.)

But why does 'no rules' mean no modern weapons. Tim kennedy with his weapons would beat any spartan under "no rules". But if by no rules you actually mean spartan rules, just say spartan rules.

Back