MMA fighter won't compete in Bellator 195 due to his horrible $250 pay/$250 win fight contract.

The fighters are not forced into contracts, it’s an offer, if they don’t like it then don’t agree to it

At least throw in a Kimbo or Fedor bobblehead to this man!

i've been trying to buy a fkn bobblehead for days and the god damn site keeps messing up for me

A McDonald worker can get paid that much at $9 a hr just by working there for 8-9 hrs within 2 weeks. Atleast almost $500.

People like to complain about UFC pay their fighters peanuts but this is nothing compare to how Bellator prelim fighters has made their $.

Bellator pays you well if you're an ex UFC fighter or a washed up legend that draw TV ratings (Rory, Gegard, Rampage, etc.) Other than that, they don't give a shit about other fighters.

That is insane! I was paid $300 for my 1st amateur fight.

For every fighter that turns it down, 2 more will take it.

I agree.
If you are starting off, you will be paying out of your pocket.. amateur or pro. I would simply request for financial assistance when I would have to go to the hospital.

$250 covers a hotel room, dinner, and alcohol to drown the pain away.
The promotion, amateur or pro, should be required to have fighter insurance for the event unless its on an Indian Reservation or something. Hotel and travel should be covered as well if its a decent promotion.

Pathetic, nothing more to say really.

Depends what bellator makes now doesnt it? 250/250 is high in regional shows because they dont make shit. Bellator might not make shit either and 250/250 is fine.

All sports contracts are negotiated from a position of gross receipts by labor.

A McDonald worker can get paid that much at $9 a hr just by working there for 8-9 hrs within 2 weeks. Atleast almost $500.

Yeah but that's what a crap job for survival and this more like a being in a band, gotta pay your dues before you go big.

That is insane! I was paid $300 for my 1st amateur fight.

I thought if you got paid it was pro?

$250 + $250 AND an opportunity to make a name for yourself? Sounds good to me.

I thought if you got paid it was pro?

Same. I am not sure how it worked out or why they paid me. The organization seemed dodgy. All amateur fights but charging spectators $60+ per ticket.

Either way i was happy to walk away with a little bit of pocket money.

Same. I am not sure how it worked out or why they paid me. The organization seemed dodgy. All amateur fights but charging spectators $60+ per ticket.

Either way i was happy to walk away with a little bit of pocket money.

That's like regular Bellator prices! Maybe they are one of those scam orgs that just have people take falls and pad records (like Xplode Fight Series).

That's like regular Bellator prices! Maybe they are one of those scam orgs that just have people take falls and pad records (like Xplode Fight Series).

All the fights i saw were pretty brutal. My opponent didn't quit...as much as i tried to make him.

Back