MMA Fighters 1998 Wrestling Cards (Pics)

slonights

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
A few pics of wrestlers turned MMA fighters I found while going thru some old stuff. Angle is included because he sometimes went beyond just shoots while in the WWE. Enjoy. MMA Wrestlers.jpg MMA Wrestlers1.jpg

I think you mean Angle sometimes went beyond just works in the WWE, not shoots

That's cool that you still have these cards.

Ever think about going to an event to get them signed? Like Fighter's week?

These are fantastic, I keep meaning to dig out some of my old grappling magazines, there is some good shit in those

Glad you enjoyed them!

I love how Tom Erikson's refers to "No Holds Barred".

One of my first Sherdog threads explicitly insulted Tom by accusing him of "fighting safe", and what do you know...he replied to it! I felt like an id10t (rightfully so) but if you're reading this Big Cat, forgive me because I was a stupid n00b and you're the man! : )

That's cool that you still have these cards.

Ever think about going to an event to get them signed? Like Fighter's week?

That's a really good idea, I might do that. Sidenote I have a Pride 33 poster signed by Hendo but Silva is going to be @ a Bellator event here in San Jose next month. Going to bring it along to hopefully get his autograph!

One of my first Sherdog threads explicitly insulted Tom by accusing him of "fighting safe", and what do you know...he replied to it! I felt like an id10t (rightfully so) but if you're reading this Big Cat, forgive me because I was a stupid n00b and you're the man! : )

Wow you have a 2002 join date! Did you just start posting again, your like count is low and that means most of your posts would have been before the like system.

This was before Rulon fought Yoshida since he hadn't beaten Karelin yet. Interesting cards.

I think you mean Angle sometimes went beyond just works in the WWE, not shoots

Would’ve been interesting to see Kurt in MMA back in the day. The guy was obviously a legitimate wrestler and is on record having said he would’ve gone the mma route if the money was there at the time.

Glad you enjoyed them!

That's a really good idea, I might do that. Sidenote I have a Pride 33 poster signed by Hendo but Silva is going to be @ a Bellator event here in San Jose next month. Going to bring it along to hopefully get his autograph!
what did Big Cat reply?

This is the coolest thing I've seen on the internet today for sure, great post/thread. I wish we got to see big Tom dominate the UFC in 97-98

They looked better and sincere and more respectable in those days.

Erikson messaged me too a long time ago.

Had no idea such trading cards existed. I wonder if they have any value.

Had no idea such trading cards existed. I wonder if they have any value.

Yeah, really interesting seeing these old legends before they were legends.

Is there cards like that out now?

Yeah, really interesting seeing these old legends before they were legends.

Is there cards like that out now?
Maybe at some universities. I know the local university baseball team used to have baseball cards of the team sold at 7-11.

Back