MMA fighters have similar age to pro golfers, similar athletes?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by monster zero, Feb 11, 2018.

1. bad seed

bad seed Labor Creates All Wealth

this is astoundingly ignorant. 99% of NBA players have been playing at the most competitive levels since high school. There is the occasional 7+ foot freak who gets scouted purely on size, but for the most part it is MUCH harder to gain proficiency in than fighting. Anyone with a haymaker who can swing their arms for 5 minutes can be a pro fighter.

monster zero likes this.
  2. bad seed

http://www.golfchannel.com/article/joe-posnanski/does-age-really-matter-golf-yes-it-does/
    Here’s a quick chart of major championship winners by age if you are interested:

• Age 20-25: 24 (11%)

• Age 26-30: 64 (30%)

• Age 31-35: 76 (35%)

• Age 36-40: 34 (16%)

• Age 41-over: 19 (8%)

75% of champions in golf are under 36. Meanwhile in the UFC, a 40 year old just knocked out a "stud in his prime". The only other "sport" where old men are beating young athletes is powerlifting- which is full of unathletic fatasses who are too slow for olympic weightlifting.

monster zero likes this.
  3. bad seed

also, Rickie Fowler is dating Allison Stokke (yes, THAT Stokke). Golfers pull way better tail than the gutter trash that follow MMA fighters.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Son of Werdum and monster zero like this.
  4. bad seed

I'll be honest- the only reason I train fighting as a sport is because I dont have what it takes to be good at a real sport like golf. It's very frustrating for those of us with mediocre skill or talent. But anyone can throw hands.

5. monster zero

monster zero Style Don

Damn, put these two's DNA together and you have a future Olympian/model/UFC champ. Not even joking.

I want that woman to crush my skull in two pieces between them thighs like a pumpkin hitting the concrete after a two story free fall.

bad seed likes this.
  6. monster zero

monster zero Style Don

We call these power lifting pigs "Bloat lords". They like to act like eating 7k calories a day and resembling a frog is something to aspire to. Always trying to flex on people with their fatceps and bloat mog people. SMH.

bad seed likes this.
  7. tasticles

tasticles Red Belt

I beg to differ. I picked up boxing and grappling extremely quick and did OK in the ammys. I am a horrendous basketball player and look like a clumsy clown doing it. I tried like hell and got put through camps for it too. I just didn't have what it takes.

8. Your Salad

Your Salad Blue Belt Platinum Member

John Daly > Butterbean

9. blaseblah

blaseblah Silver Belt

Basketball is literally a sport you can teach yourself.

10. monster zero

monster zero Style Don

Sure, but if you ever want a consistent shooting percentage and to progress beyond a middle schoolers level you need solid fundamentals, the same as any sport (except MMA, where you can get by on heart, chin, and the ability to swing like a cave man i.e. vintage Wandy).

11. Rubberneck76

Rubberneck76 Alizée Belt Platinum Member

Sherdog threads have all the critical thinking of a first grade book report. Are most sherdogers 1st graders?

12. bad seed

and fighting isnt? The difference is that the level of skill between a pro and a hobbyist is unfathomably vast in basketball. Whereas a pro fighter is only a little more refined than a street brawler. Most casuals probably can't even tell the difference. In fact, many notable pro fighters learned from youtube tutorials (including the so called GOAT Jon Jones).

13. HeroesNeverTap

HeroesNeverTap Blue Belt

Not similar; golfers are better athletes.

[​IMG]

bad seed likes this.
  14. bad seed

lol same height as Jon Jones (supposedly the GOAT) yet he can effortlessly dunk. Proof right here that golfers are superior athletes.