MMA forgotten stories thread

HHJ

RIP Toriyama
@plutonium
Reaction score
Let's throw some old stories in this thread. Feel free to contribute!

Batman Mike Bencic

hqdefault.jpg

3160.jpg

From what I recall,Mike was a Croatian guy that i think was a grappler a jiu jitsu guy,so he was helping Mirko make the transition to MMA,and often accompanied Mirko to the ring in his early Pride fights. In turn Mirko got him some fights but he lost badly to the Reem,and even worse to Mario Sperry. So after that Mirko got rid of him,said he had a new trainer,who he said would be a surprise,and it turns out that would be Fabricio Werdum.

Poor batman,we hardly knew ye. I wonder,where are ye now?

LA Giant Corey Peterson

LA giant was a 7 foot tall guy with sketchy tats to say the least,and got beat the fuck out of by Sergei Kharitonov and was never seen again.

corypeterson-1487747411-800.jpg

Yoel shit his pants vs Brunson

Timmy sylvia shit his pants versus Silva

Kazuhiro Nakamura v Wanderlei Silva 2005

If you can find the original american version of the Pre fight interviews its hilarious as Kaz Nak says "tell wanderlei,shut the fuck UP!" in epic japanglish

Anyway in pride gi's and also Aoki's technicolor dream pants were allowed. This was a surprisingly competitve fight on the feet,but Nak felt uncomfortable in his gi and took it off mid fight which allowed Wandy a chance to get the upperhand and put it on him for the win.
wandyvnakamura.gif~c200

I heard Chuck shit his pants when Rashad knocked him out. Some even say Overeem shit his pants when Bigfoot knocked him out.

After Joachim Hansen's win over Rumina Sato he threw his mouthpiece into the crowd. The Mouthpiece ended up hitting Caol Uno's mother in the head.

I remember after Fedor and Nog fought the 2nd time,where the fight was called NC due to headbutt,Fedor the next day went on a roller coaster with his head bandaged,theres a picture of Fedor looking like he has the time of his life on that coaster,(a hilarious picture which i unfortunatley cannot find any longer) and Nog was pissed off about it. "How can he celebrate?! I should have won this fight! The victory should be mine, he should be going home training!" etc

When Tito Ortiz came to the ring to fight Chuck Lidell he threw his flame beanie cap into the crowd and they just threw it back into the octagon

Anderson and his people ducked Weidman for almost 2 years. Then we found out why.

Back in the day someone on Sherdog forums was talking shit about Randleman. It got back to Randleman and he thought it was actually the site founder Jeff "Sherdog" Sherwood saying it. He ended up seeing Sherwood at a PRIDE event and confronting him about it, threatening him etc. Coleman ended up calming Randleman down and defusing the situation. Randleman ended up apologizing later and giving Sherwood a hug.

CagTxF-UMAAvClC.jpg

This is a perfect thread for @gono btw where you at bruh

Last edited:
Rampage Jackson felt that he was unfairly targeted for yellow cards. First an accidental groin shot to Daijiro Matsui,for which he was disqualified and which led to someone taping a yellow card to his locker. Then unfairly against Kevin Randleman as well, so when he fought his next fight,during the instructions,Rampage just gave the referee a yellow card.

hqdefault.jpg

Hiromitsu Kanehara’s first 3 fights in Pride were against Wanderlei Silva, Mirko Crocop, and Alistair Overeem. He lost all 3, but actually took Crocop to a decision...
1287163-91_l.jpg

Back in the day someone on Sherdog forums was talking shit about Randleman. It got back to Randleman and he thought it was actually the site founder Jeff "Sherdog" Sherwood saying it. He ended up seeing Sherwood at a PRIDE event and confronting him about it, threatening him etc. Coleman ended up calming Randleman down and defusing the situation. Randleman ended up apologizing later and giving Sherwood a hug.

CagTxF-UMAAvClC.jpg

This is a perfect thread for @gono btw where you at bruh
God rest his soul. Randleman was the man.

In 1997 Renzo Gracie fought Eugenio Tadeau. Bjj vs Luta Livre was still a major rivalry in Brazil so all eyes were on this fight since they were major representatives of their respective art. About 15 minutes into the grueling fight the crowd started swarming the cage. One of Tadeau's fans jumped the cage and punched Renzo in the face. Renzo punched him back and all hell broke loose as the crowd broke into a massive brawl including chairs flying WWE style and even gun shots going off. The fight was stopped and ruled a no contest and the chaos resulted in a 10 year ban on MMA events in Rio De Janeiro.

Gleison Tibau made his UFC debut vs Nick Diaz back in 2006. He was 23 years old. They said his record was 23-2 when he fought Diaz but now it says that he was 16-2. He got TKO'ed in the 2nd round, dropped to 155 for his next fight and went on a 17-7 run before his fight with Ferguson, with a controversial decision loss to Khabib in 2012.

Back