MMA Legend Ben Askren (17-0) Calls Out GSP for Super Fight

GSP vs. Askren

• Total voters
This is thread worthy? He calls him out like once a month

At this stage, Askren likely wins. Does anyone think Askren, loses to Bisping - the guy who got rassle f'd by Kennedy? Askren and Khabib have the best MMA wrestling out there. Period. Wrestling may be 'boring' but when done well, it is the most dominant and supreme martial art.

In the past few years he's fought nothing but binmen on the Asian regional circuit.
Better than what GSP has fought......and what's GSP's excuse, he was getting offered tens of millions while UFC offered Askren an insulting 30K as a World's gold medalist. If Askren was all muscle bound and jacked, Sherdog would be fapping like cray-cray to him: "A++++ level athlete!".

Who is he supposed to fight if he can't get into the UFC?
He could have gone to WSOF/PFL and fought Fitch, Shields, Palhares, Okami, etc., but that would have involved challenging himself.

Last edited:
He could have gone to WSOF and fought Fitch, Shields, Palhares, Okami, etc., but that would have involved challenging himself.

I believe they didn't offer as much money. He couldn't get into the UFC so he settled for the next best thing: making enough money to retire.

GSP would smash him. On the otherhand I wouldn't mind seeing Askren vs current Big Rigg for some reason.

I believe they didn't offer as much money. He couldn't get into the UFC so he settled for the next best thing: making enough money to retire.
You asked who he was supposed to fight as if it was an excuse for fighting bottom rung cans. There was plenty of legitimate competition out there. He decided to go a different way. If he wanted money, good for him. If he wanted universal respect for his accomplishments, he fucked up. Only way he could have had both would have been to be realistic about his value and work his way up to PPV points in the UFC. Something he was unwilling to do. He priced himself out of Bellator ffs. Demanding super fights with GOAT candidates when you haven't beaten a top 100 (being generous here) fighter in years and your best win ever is Lima 5 years ago is laughable.

He's just trying to get attention and perpetuate the myth that he's a legit legend. He's not. Maybe he could have been. I don't think so, too one dimensional, but it's possible. But that ship sailed when he burnt every bridge he had in American MMA by thinking his weak resume meant he deserved to be paid like a superstar. No one in America cared about seeing him fight and he hadn't proven anything other than that he could beat 3rd tier fighters in boring fashion.

Would be great, I think GSP wins though.

I voted don't want to see it and GSP wins.

That said I'm more of an Askren fan as laughable as that may sound to some.

I would be rooting for Askren 100% if it did take place.

Lmfao @ superfight , gsp would win easily , how the fuck is this a superfight? Only like 1,000 Americans if that know who Ben boreskren is

Better than what GSP has fought......and what's GSP's excuse, he was getting offered tens of millions while UFC offered Askren an insulting 30K as a World's gold medalist. If Askren was all muscle bound and jacked, Sherdog would be fapping like cray-cray to him: "A++++ level athlete!".
first of all, you were the same moron saying conor would knock out floyd easily so your opinions don't matter for shit and roflmfao @ tens of millions holy shit you're an idiot

You asked who he was supposed to fight as if it was an excuse for fighting bottom rung cans. There was plenty of legitimate competition out there. He decided to go a different way. If he wanted money, good for him. If he wanted universal respect for his accomplishments, he fucked up. Only way he could have had both would have been to be realistic about his value and work his way up to PPV points in the UFC. Something he was unwilling to do. He priced himself out of Bellator ffs. Demanding super fights with GOAT candidates when you haven't beaten a top 100 (being generous here) fighter in years and your best win ever is Lima 5 years ago is laughable.

He's just trying to get attention and perpetuate the myth that he's a legit legend. He's not. Maybe he could have been. I don't think so, too one dimensional, but it's possible. But that ship sailed when he burnt every bridge he had in American MMA by thinking his weak resume meant he deserved to be paid like a superstar. No one in America cared about seeing him fight and he hadn't proven anything other than that he could beat 3rd tier fighters in boring fashion.

Lol you're full of shit. He offered to fight his first fight in the UFC for free. That's how badly he wanted to be there. After they rejected him he went with the best offer.

Lol at fighting for "universal respect." He was the dominant Bellator champion you dunce. He dominated their two best WWs. What would going back there for minimum pay accomplish?

I would watch this. I am unsure who would win though.. GSP kills Asken on the feet, but the wrestling is interesting. GSP has very good MMA wrestling and has only been taken down by the best (Hendricks, Hughes? Koscheck?) I forgot if they got him down. But Hendricks did. Askren is better than them and has a much more refined set of tricks that GSP probably wouldn't be used to seeing - as GSP trained freestyle; not folkstyle.

Hendricks actually beat Askren a couple times in the amatuers i believe.

Hendricks actually beat Askren a couple times in the amatuers i believe.

They wrestled before college and Johny won.

Askren was unquestionably the more successful college wrestler. His controlling and pinning ability is unparalleled even to this day.

Back