MMA would be the laughingstock and not taken seriously as a pro sport if Stipe remains champ

MMAart

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
MMA would be the laughingstock of combat sports and not taken seriously as a pro sport if Stipe remains champ.

This is not a Stipe bashing thread. The point is that at this level, guys who are part-time fighters working two jobs or more are not supposed to have enough training time to be elite.

The days of part-time or full-time math teachers, accountants, or engineers being UFC champions should be in the past chapters of MMA.

In no other respectable pro sports do we see the athletes working side jobs and still be at the top, let alone be champion.

If Stipe wins next Saturday, it would be a step back for MMA, because it shows that MMA has not evolved much and the level of talents are still mediocre compared to other respectable pro sports.

In no other respectable pro sports do we see the athletes working side jobs and still be at the top, let alone be champion.

If Stipe wins next Saturday, it would be a step back for MMA, because it shows that MMA has not evolved much and the level of talents are still mediocre compared to other respectable pro sports.

FAIL

kI4J4JuSa7lNyBcEwPYQ_face%20flame%20spray.gif

Most athletes dont do train 24/7. Hell they'll put in a 5-6 hour for 4-5 days, with a lot of free time. Dont bash him because he wants to do something meaningful in life like helping others.

I disagree with everything you said, but would like to know if you consider the current talent mediocre.

And if you're comparing it to other sports, why the hell would you do that?

You're either enjoying MMA or you aren't. If not, why post here?

Most athletes dont do train 24/7. Hell they'll put in a 5-6 hour for 4-5 days, with a lot of free time. Dont bash him because he wants to do something meaningful in life like helping others.
that's basically what carwin said. He trained just as much as the other guys he just spent his time he wasn't training doing his job.

He probably doesn't need the money. He'd be clearing 1 mill a year at least. I doubt he's working any more than a shift or two a week just to keep himself in the industry.

It takes more than just talent and A level athletecism to be a top level fighter.

It's takes heart, toughness, durability and a crazy mind with a desire to fight other people to make an income.

Others are welcome to fight for a living but they don't.

Plus being ba firefighter is an honorable job with an insane pension.

Stipe is a very smart and tough motherfucker.

Firefighters have a lot of free time anyways.

MMA would be the laughingstock of combat sports and not taken seriously as a pro sport if Stipe remains champ.

This is not a Stipe bashing thread. The point is that at this level, guys who are part-time fighters working two jobs or more are not supposed to have enough training time to be elite.

The days of part-time or full-time math teachers, accountants, or engineers being UFC champions should be in the past chapters of MMA.

WTF Did I just read...
6d9ab0c45bcffbc6c431ade58b4ab9b6.gif

I'd say it speaks more to the pay not the talent. Pro football players don't need side jobs with 20 million dollar contracts.

I disagree with everything you said, but would like to know if you consider the current talent mediocre.

And if you're comparing it to other sports, why the hell would you do that?

You're either enjoying MMA or you aren't. If not, why post here?
What he says

You know how many athletes own businesses and spend their off time making sure they don't lose money? Same shit, dummy.

Last edited:
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialStipeMiocic/posts/1077788035611592:0

"I'm the UFC Heavyweight Champion but I love helping people, I'll never stop being a firefighter/paramedic."

athletes in other professional sports have long seasons (162 regular season games in the MLB from april to november PLUS spring training; 82 games in the nhl and the nba; 16 in the nfl from september to january) and if they are not playing, they are preparing and practicing for the next game. because of the long duration of the season, they value their off-time. some continue to train to excel in the upcoming season while others choose to do nothing and relax.

how often does a fighter compete in the ufc per year? the intensity during fight camp is not sustainable 365 days a year. after each fight, they will take some time off to recover and heal up any injuries and then back to regular, less intense, training. what else are they going to do with their free time? stipe wants to serve his community, nothing wrong with that.

He probably doesn't need the money. He'd be clearing 1 mill a year at least. I doubt he's working any more than a shift or two a week just to keep himself in the industry.

He's confirmed an average of 4-5 12-hr shifts in a two week period.

Back