MM's Coach Matt Hume breaks down why PRIDE was better.

WWE rasslers in Pride?

WWE rasslers in UFC?

Wow, you didn't understand his post or is your reply retarded on purpose. He is saying the fights are fixed like wrasslin.
You can have a 100 ex WWE guys in MMA as long as the fights are real.

Wow, you didn't understand his post or is your reply retarded on purpose. He is saying the fights are fixed like wrasslin.
The UFC has just as many known fixed fights as PRIDE did, and they happened in the same time frame (pre-2000s).
Pre-2000 MMA was corrupt. That's just what it was.

I like the cage for some of the same reason but the ring has two major factors going for it.

1) Much better visibility. Didn’t realize how much of a factor this is until I went to my first UFC event. You’ve got an incredibly nuanced sport blocked by cage, support beams, and camera men. Unless you’re cageside (and even then) it’s kust better to look at the screens.

2) Corners = more action. One of the reasons why I think Cro Cop didn’t excel in the UFC is the lack of ability to corner his opponent, a place he always seems to set something up. I didn’t realize this until I started sparring in an octagon. I have something of a Lyoto-like style, and in the Octagon I was always able to circle away from my opponent, hugely advantageous for me but frustrating for my opponent, and for Just Bleed fans like myself.

Just my 2 cents

Very true about visibility. On tv is pretty equal, but live the ring is way better. Also true about the corners for strikers.

3) On the ground, there is no artificial barrier in the ring. This is as good for submissions as corners are for strikers.

4) The breaks for resets to the center of the ring gave the fighters a couple seconds to rest. Always good for the fans.
<RomeroSalute>

5) It’s natural to climb up 4 corners of a ring after glorious victory.
AnotherElderlyApe-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
Pride fighters incarcerated for fixing fights:

UFC fighters incarcerated for fixing fights:

Elbows more than anything just make gashes and blood. And who the fuck likes a doctor stoppage?

Allowing elbows gives more offensive options to fighters in the top position and reduces stalling on the ground.

But if we had to choose only 1 (knees or elbows), allowing knees on the ground is better because knees/kicks on the ground help drive the action more than elbows.

IPPON!!!!!!!!

This is what the UFC is missing today!!!!!

Guys are fighting not to win but rather not to lose. They just want to do enough to take a win home.

Agree with all that, but I prefer the cage to the ring. There was a break in action almost every 3 minutes it seemed, because the ref constantly had to move the fighters from almost falling out of the ring to the middle.

I like that knees and stomps to downed opponents were legal, but the ban of elbows in PRIDE was weird and unnecessary.

I'm not a fan of elbows. They slice you open like a knife going through a warm stick of butter.

I thought you were a good dude, Pak. Why you gotta talk down to us Yinzers like that? And what do you have against French fries?? Smh

ex gf ruined the city for me haha. but they don't belong on everything. maybe on the side.

You do know the UFC bought them for a song because they lost there tv deal due to yakuza ties. They literally lost the business for fixing fights.
Not fixing fights, but stacking odds in favor of certain fighters.
From what I know, they never fully fixed a fight (like WWE).
And it was not done in the majority of the fights.

The reason they lost the business is because of suspicious of fixing fights because of the Yakuza involvement. But that does not mean every fight was fixed. That's a distortion that Zuffa Zombies like to throw that has absolutely no merit.

Yellow cards, soccer kicks, Bas and Quatros., that screaming lady.. Would all make the ufc far better. Pride rules were definitely way better than 10/9 system. Also the long first round was great..giving fighters points for stopping takedowns.. Great,. Aggressiveness should rewarded and does make fights more exciting generally.. Trying to finish the fight should always be the #1 criteria. Its a fight . So fight... I really thought the pride rules made for all around better fights for the fans. I hate 10/9 in boxing, and it's worse in mma.

Last edited:
Back