MM's Coach Matt Hume breaks down why PRIDE was better.

Agree with all that, but I prefer the cage to the ring. There was a break in action almost every 3 minutes it seemed, because the ref constantly had to move the fighters from almost falling out of the ring to the middle.

I like that knees and stomps to downed opponents were legal, but the ban of elbows in PRIDE was weird and unnecessary.

No wall and stall though which was a big plus.

Not a huge fan of elbows unless we are talking about bones Jones. He actually creates room and postures up to deliver as much forced into the strike is he can-but many people just lay head to head, chest to chest and use these wimpy little elbows so it looks like they are not stalling

Yeah I miss the juiced up Pride animals too..

AnotherElderlyApe-max-1mb.gif

Dont worry you still got them

Paulo-Costa-696x392.jpg

Not fixing fights, but stacking odds in favor of certain fighters.
From what I know, they never fully fixed a fight (like WWE).
And it was not done in the majority of the fights.

The reason they lost the business is because of suspicious of fixing fights because of the Yakuza involvement. But that does not mean every fight was fixed. That's a distortion that Zuffa Zombies like to throw that has absolutely no merit.
It was enough to cost them the business.

MMA is watered down now.

Can't even knee your opponent in the head when they miss a shot smh.

Pride was the better system 4 fans Noone disputes this.

Just sucked it wasn't in the US as I don't think the would allow many of the pride rules.

Would love a juiced Bones vs a juiced Brock.

It was enough to cost them the business.

doesn't change the point I was making.
Not all fights were fixed. This is an exaggeration that it is passed way too freely and the more a lie is repeated, the more the perception that it is true.
The reason Pride died was due to their relationship with the Yakuza. it had nothing to do with the fight-fixing itself. Both TV's and public simply did not want to associate themselves with it.

Yakuza's involvement was more towards gambling, not making Pride a better version of WWE.

they actually spotted guys points like a pickup game of basketball {<jordan}

No wall and stall though which was a big plus.
Ya, it was more grind, hump, and stall on the floor. Then the slow ass baby crawl back to the center when it reached the ropes.

You guys really are remembering Pride with rose colored glasses.

Back