MNN (Brief Footage from Edgar Wright's THE WORLD'S END; Scarlett Johansson in LUCY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jennifer Garner Joins 'ALEXANDER AND THE VERY BAD DAY'

jennifer-garner-alexander-and-the-terrible-horrible-no-good-very-bad-day-slice.jpg

Some excellent, wonderful, not bad, very good news for Disney

Shane Black Wants DOC SAVAGE to Be His Next Film

shane-black-doc-savage-slice.jpg

A few years ago Shane Black (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang) signed on to write and direct a feature film iteration of the 1930s and 40s pul fiction hero Doc Savage, but his plans for that film were deterred a bit when Marvel sought Black out to come on and helm the highly anticipated Iron Man 3. At the Iron Man 3 junket, Black and producer Neal Moritz both provided some very promising updates on Doc Savage, saying the film is back on track with the goal of making it Black

Bishop and Warpah Confirmed in X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

x-men-days-of-future-past-bishop-warpath-slice.jpg

In his latest tweet, director Bryan Singer posted a short video on the set of X-Men: Days of Future Past where he shows the chairs of the cast. Among the character chairs were Bishop and Warpath, thereby confirming their appearance in the sequel. It's believed that French actor Omar Sy (The Intouchables) will play the time-traveling Bishop and Boobbo Stewart (Twilight: Breaking Dawn) will portray James "Warpath" Proudstar.

Bishop is the son of Aborigine mutant refugees notable for the distinctive M brand above his eye. The mutant was a member of Xavier

2nd Trailer for THE BLING RING Starring Emma Watson

Bling-Ring-Emma-Watson-0412-Dragonlord.jpg

A new trailer for writer/director Sofia Coppola

Update: April 24, 2013

Shia LaBeouf to Join Brad Pitt in David Ayer’s WWII Film FURY

Shia-LaBeouf-Fury-Dragonlord.jpg

Earlier this month, Brad Pitt committed to the lead role in End of Watch director David Ayer’s World War II film Fury. The story takes place in 1945 as the Nazi regime collapses and the five-man crew of an American tank called Fury battles a desperate German army. Pitt is onboard to star as an army sergeant named “Wardaddy,” and now Variety reports that Shia LaBeouf is in talks to co-star. Further details are unknown, but LaBeouf would play a member of the Fury crew should his deal make.

Ayer wrote the script for Fury himself on spec. LaBeouf was most recently seen in Robert Redford’s thriller The Company You Keep and the Sundance film The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman. Just yesterday, it was reported that he’s attached to reunite with his Disturbia director D.J. Caruso on the espionage film Spy’s Kid alongside Robert De Niro, but with production on Fury set to begin this fall, the WWII film will likely be his next project. Fury hits theaters on November 14, 2014.

Shia LaBeouf in Talks to Join Brad Pitt in David Ayer’s WWII Film FURY

Last edited:
Bishop and Warpah Confirmed in X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

x-men-days-of-future-past-bishop-warpath-slice.jpg

In his latest tweet, director Bryan Singer posted a short video on the set of X-Men: Days of Future Past where he shows the chairs of the cast. Among the character chairs were Bishop and Warpath, thereby confirming their appearance in the sequel. It's believed that French actor Omar Sy (The Intouchables) will play the time-traveling Bishop and Boobbo Stewart (Twilight: Breaking Dawn) will portray James "Warpath" Proudstar.

Bishop is the son of Aborigine mutant refugees notable for the distinctive M brand above his eye. The mutant was a member of Xavier’s Security Enforcers and is viewed as a bit of an antihero, as he eventually became one of the X-Men’s main adversaries. Warpath is the younger brother of slain X-Men, Thunderbird, and possesses superhuman strength and speed. X-Men Days of Future Past opens on July 18, 2014.

I get the Omar Sy for Bishop but I don't really get the choice for Warpath.

Edit- mixed up my words there. But still I don't get the choice for warpath.

Zach Braff Launches Kickstarter for WISH I WAS HERE

zach-braff-slice.jpg

Another major star is turning to the fundraising service to get his next film made: Zach Braff. Though Braff hasn

First Image of Shailene Woodley in Neil Burger's DIVERGENT

Summit Entertainment only just began production on the YA adaptation Divergent, but the studio has now released the first image of Shailene Woodley as the film

Update: April 24, 2013

Joss Whedon Hints at Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch for AVENGERS 2

Joss-Whedon-Quicksilver-Scarlet-Witch-Dragonlord.jpg

While attending the Hollywood red carpet premiere of Iron Man 3, Yahoo Movies caught up with Joss Whedon, writer-director of Marvel’s The Avengers big assembly & creative consultant of Marvel’s upcoming slate, to discuss the status of the hotly-anticipated 2015 sequel.

“I have actually finished a draft, we’re in a very good place. It's going really well, eventually somebody will explain to me that it's not. But I've been writing, meeting with actors, and we're starting to storyboard and all the preliminary processes. This is the part where it's all still fun. It’s an evolution, and that goes on all through shooting and it never stops.

Oh, I've got these two characters, two of my favorite characters from the comic books; a brother/sister act. They’re in the movie, that’s exciting. You lock certain things in. But then there’s a certain fluidity when you’re working with Robert [Downey Jr.]. He’s going to want to do something new on the day, and you’re going to want him to, because it’s going to be funny. So you always keep yourself open. I try not to think of it as topping The Avengers, I try to think of this as its own movie.”

“And by the way, Shane [Black] not helping! Iron Man 3 not helping! I see this and said, ‘Aw, man, he really got it right!’ The pressure continues! When Tony sees another superhero, he increases his swagger. Tony, he sees Thor, and he says, ‘Yeah, I got a suit of muscles that big. I invented it! Oh, you can pick up a hammer? You’re so special!’ He sees it as a challenge! He loves it.”

Joss Whedon on Drafting THE AVENGERS 2; Hints at Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch

Ruben Fleischer to Produce and Helm Untitled Sci-Fi Fantasy

Director-Ruben-Fleischer-30-MINUTES-OR-LESS-slice.jpg

It appears that director Ruben Fleischer is ready to try his hand at sci-fi. The Wrap reports that Fleischer is returning to Sony Pictures

Go Big or Go Extinct in New Poster for PACIFIC RIM

A new poster for Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim has been unveiled, and it teases the epic scale of the film’s Jaegars, which are massive robots that humanity built in order to combat monsters (known as Kaiju) that emerged from the sea. This poster also boasts the film’s rather apt tagline, “Go Big or Go Extinct.” The film stars Charlie Hunnam, Idris Elba, Rinko Kikuchi, Ron Perlman, Charlie Day, and Clifton Collins Jr. Pacific Rim opens in 3D on July 12th.

Pacific-Rim-Poster-4-Dragonlord.jpg

Go Big or Go Extinct in New Poster for Guillermo del Toro’s PACIFIC RIM

Scarlett Johansson to Star in Luc Besson's Actioner LUCY

2938-scarlett_johansson.jpg

Luc Besson, the French director with a penchant for putting women front and center in his action movies, has found his next leading lady. Scarlett Johansson is in final negotiations to star in Besson's latest helming effort, the action-thriller Lucy. Universal has taken worldwide distribution rights with the exception of France, Benelux and China. Besson will produce with his EuropaCorp CEO Christophe Lambert.

Besson wrote the script for Lucy, which centers on a woman forced to become a drug mule. But the drug instead goes into her system, transforming her into an ass-kicking machine. She can absorb knowledge instantaneously, is able to move objects with her mind and can't feel pain and other discomforts.

Lucy brings Besson back to his 1990s heyday, when he made movies with strong heroines such as La Femme Nikita and Joan of Arc as well as, to a lesser extent, The Professional and The Fifth Element. He most recently wrapped the Mafia drama Malavita, which stars Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfeiffer and Tommy Lee Jones; the movie will be distributed by Relativity later this year.

Scarlett Johansson to Star in Luc Besson's Latest Action Movie LUCY

Look forward to whatever kooky haircut he's got in store for her. I predict the Skin Diamond.

Make it rated R and make her get pounded , must happen :p

Jake Gyllenhaal to Star as Crime Reporter in NIGHTCRAWLER

Jake-Gyllenhaal-Image-Dragonlord.jpg

Jake Gyllenhaal will star as a freelance L.A. crime reporter in Nightcrawler, which will mark the directorial debut of screenwriter Dan Gilroy. Rene Russo, Gilroy's wife, is set to co-star in the movie. Filming will begin in late October. Gilroy most recently co-wrote the screenplay for The Bourne Legacy with his brother Tony Gilroy.

Gyllenhaal most recently starred in End of Watch and will be seen later this year opposite Hugh Jackman in Denis Villeneuve

First Very Brief Footage from Edgar Wright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawn_bogart
Back