MNN (Brief Footage from Edgar Wright's THE WORLD'S END; Scarlett Johansson in LUCY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Trailer for Horror Thriller IN FEAR Starring Alice Englert

in-fear-slice.jpg

A new trailer for director Jeremy Lovering

Zach Braff Launches Kickstarter for WISH I WAS HERE

zach-braff-slice.jpg

Another major star is turning to the fundraising service to get his next film made: Zach Braff. Though Braff hasn’t directed a feature film since 2004’s Garden State, he’s hoping to secure financing for his follow-up Wish I Was Here with an eye towards a Sundance 2014 debut. Unlike Veronica Mars, though, Braff’s Kickstarter is 100% independent with no studio involved. Braff was actually about to sign a regular financing deal with a studio for Wish I Was Here before he decided to take the Kickstarter route.

He notes on the Kickstarter page that he was directly inspired by the Veronica Mars model to raise the funding for his next film without relinquishing his artistic control. By financing the film independently, Braff can maintain final cut and control over casting and location choices, as well as the film’s overall budget. Braff is looking to raise $2 million on Kickstarter, and the plan is to start shooting in August and finish the film in time for a debut at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival.

Braff wrote the film with his brother, Adam, and he will star as Aidan Bloom, a struggling actor, father, and husband “who at 35 is still trying to find his identity; a purpose for his life.” Bloom is struggling to raise his two young kids with his wife, and when his father is no longer able to afford private school for the children, he takes it upon himself to home-school them given that the only available public school “is on its last legs.”

Zach Braff Launches Kickstarter for GARDEN STATE Follow-Up WISH I WAS HERE

Update:

Zach Braff's Kickstarter Goal Will Hit $2 Million By Weekend

Just a couple days into his attempt to raise $2 million to finance his film Wish I Was Here, Zach Braff is already up to $1,766,130 and counting, from 25,245 people who’ve committed cash for a variety of tchotchkes. The game plan was to use Kickstarter funding, and foreign sales, to raise the $5 million needed to make the movie. Braff, producers Stacey Sher and Michael Shamberg planned to work practically free, upfront.

At this rate, Braff will reach his funding goal by the weekend. And with 28 days to go, they’ll likely wind up with enough dough to fund the whole movie without making pre-sales, and maybe enough to pay participants a little bit. This is startling, that so many people are betting on a filmmaker, and not donating because they just want to see a movie version of a favorite TV show like Veronica Mars.

Zach Braff's Kickstarter Will Hit $2 Million By Weekend; Currently at $1.7 Million

Zack Snyder on Superman's Flight and Recreating Krypton

Man-of-Steel-Ball-of-Energy-Dragonlord.jpg

Zack Snyder:

Louis D'Esposito Confirms Marvel One-Shot Starring Peggy Carter

Louis-DEsposito-Peggy-Carter-Dragonlord.jpg

Hayley Atwell recently made a cryptic statement that led many to speculate that a new Marvel One-Shot, focusing on Peggy Carter was on the way. At the Iron Man 3 premiere, Marvel Studios co-President Louis D'Esposito confirmed the rumors, stating that he just directed a new One-Shot focusing on a strong female and that it would be premiering at this year's San Diego Comic-Con. D'Esposito previously directed the Item 47 One-Shot that accompanied the release of The Avengers blu-ray.

Atwell previously hinted that the One-Shot would give the actress the opportunity to show off what Peggy was truly capable of. Atwell will also make a cameo appearance in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Deleted scenes from Marvel's The Avengers revealed that her character is still alive in present-day. In the comics, Peggy Carter is Agent 13's (played by Emily VanCAmp) aunt.

Marvel Co-President Louis D'Esposito Confirms Marvel One-Shot Starring Peggy Carter

New Plot Details on Electro's Transformation and Goblin Suit

amazing-spider-man-2-jamie-foxx-electro-slice1.jpg

It was previously reported that Norman Osborn (Chris Cooper) will not become the Green Goblin in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, but there would be a lot of hints and foreshadowing. According to CBM, there will be some type of "Goblin suit" involved, but whether he actually wears it or not is unknown. More details on Max Dillon's (Jamie Foxx) transformation into Electro are revealed. Apparently it happens as a result of Oscorp experiments with electric eels. Somehow Dillon winds up with the little blighters in that tank that Marc Webb tweeted a picture of a while back, and voil

Sony Sets 2014 Release Dates for 21 JUMP STREET 2, SEX TAPE

jonah-hill-channing-tatum-21-jump-street-slice.jpg

21 Jump Street 2 – The highly-anticipated comedy sequel will hit theaters on June 6, 2014, where it will open opposite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller and stars Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum return for a story that sees the characters infiltrating a college campus. For much more info on the sequel, click here.

Think Like a Man Too – The sequel to the relationship comedy based on the book by Steve Harvey will open in theaters on June 20, 2014 opposite How to Train Your Dragon 2.

Sex Tape – Director Jake Kasdan’s (Walk Hard) comedy will open on July 2, 2014 opposite Disney’s Maleficent. The film stars Jason Segel and possibly Cameron Diaz as a couple who set out to find their sex tape that has mysteriously disappeared.

Sony Sets Release Dates for 21 JUMP STREET 2, SEX TAPE, and THINK LIKE A MAN TOO

Last edited:
New Behind the Scenes Image from WHITE HOUSE DOWN

A new behind-the-scenes image of Channing Tatum on the set of White House Down has appeared online, courtesy of director Roland Emmerich. The story follows a rejected Secret Service applicant (Tatum) who must save the President (Jamie Foxx) when a heavily-armed paramilitary group takes over the White House. The film also stars Maggie Gyllenhaal, James Woods, Richard Jenkins, Jason Clarke, Jake Weber, Lance Reddick and Joey King. White House Down opens on June 28th, 2013. Click HERE

channing-tatum-white-house-down1-600x400.jpg

New Image of Channing Tatum Behind the Scenes of WHITE HOUSE DOWN

Last edited:
Jon Favreau in Talks to Write, Direct, and Star in Indie Comedy CHEF

jon-favreau-slice1.jpg

After making a name for himself in the indie world, Jon Favreau made an even bigger name as a blockbuster director with Iron Man and Iron Man 2. But after his last movie, Cowboys & Aliens, debuted to tepid reviews, Favreau took a break from helming giant productions. (It helps that Warner Bros. put Jersey Boys into turnaround and Magic Kingdom is developing slowly at Disney.) To cleanse the palate, he directed the pilot for Revolution and a late-season episode of The Office while taking on supporting roles in the likes of John Carter, Identity Thief, and Iron Man 3.

According to Variety, Favreau is eying a independent production for his next feature. Favreau is in talks with financiers to write, direct, and star in Chef. Details are scarce, but Favreau would play an emotional chef who runs a Los Angeles restaurant in the indie comedy.

Jon Favreau in Talks to Write, Direct, and Star in Indie Comedy CHEF

Two New Clips from IRON MAN 3 Starring Robert Downey Jr.

Iron-Man-3-Stark-Mark-42-Dragonlord.jpg

Marvel has released two new clips from Iron Man 3. The first clip shows Tony Stark dealing with the fallout of the events of The Avengers:

Ryan Reynolds and Director Tarsem Singh in Talks for SELFLESS

Ryan-Reynolds-DLX-1.jpg

Ryan Reynolds and director Tarsem (Mirror Mirror) are in talks with Endgame Entertainment and FilmDistrict to make Selfless. The script by Alex and David Pastor made the 2011 Black List of Hollywood

New Set Photo from GODZILLA Shows the Monster's Path of Destruction

Production is currently underway on director Gareth Edwards

First of all, what happened to Robert Pattinson? Maybe it's the hair, but he looks like he has aged at least ten years. Dude is grizzled, I'm worried about him moving into action films with that look, we can't let that happen...he'll be in Expendables 3 at this rate.

Veronica Mars movie...I'm intrigued, but the kickstarter backer perks/rewards leave much to be desired. I might donate though, it'd be cool to say I did it. Over $140k so far.

Edit: I waited a few minutes before posting this, 170k now...

First of all, what happened to Robert Pattinson? Maybe it's the hair, but he looks like he has aged at least ten years. Dude is grizzled, I'm worried about him moving into action films with that look, we can't let that happen...he'll be in Expendables 3 at this rate.

Veronica Mars movie...I'm intrigued, but the kickstarter backer perks/rewards leave much to be desired. I might donate though, it'd be cool to say I did it. Over $140k so far.

Edit: I waited a few minutes before posting this, 170k now...

My wife is freaking out about this. She was a huge fan of the show and was crushed when it got cancelled. I watched last 2 seasons with her and enjoyed them. She's been watching the kick starter all morning. Last she checked it was around $800K. Should hit its minimum $2mil easy.

Update: March 13, 2013

VERONICA MARS Movie Reaches Goal of $2 Million on Kickstarter

Veronica-Mars-Cast-Dragonlord.jpg

Good news, Veronica Mars fans. Series creator Rob Thomas' Kickstarter campaign has reached its goal of raising $2 million, which would be put toward making a film this summer for an early 2014 release. The campaign was launched Wednesday morning, with the goal of reaching that figure within a month (by 11 p.m. April 12); Thomas succeeded in less than one day -- and donations still are being accepted. The Kickstarter page notes that the movie would go into preproduction as soon as the campaign ended if the goal had been met.

There has been lots of speculation and interest among fans about a possible Veronica Mars movie since the teenage detective comedy, starring Kristen Bell, was canceled in 2007 (It aired for two seasons on UPN then one on its successor The CW). But Warner Bros. has been hesitant to greenlight a film, Thomas wrote on the Kickstarter page.

When Thomas and Bell approached Warner Bros., which owns rights to the series, the digital division was intrigued by the grassroots approach. The studio told the duo it would help with legal work and digital distribution via VOD and other platforms, as well as with a very limited theatrical run.

As for the movie's story line, Thomas revealed some teasers. "Life has taken Veronica away from Neptune," he revealed. "In the years since spoiling [dad] Keith's [Enrico Colantoni] chances to be re-elected sheriff, Veronica hasn't taken a case. But something big is about to bring her back home and back to her calling. My goal is to include as many of your favorite characters as possible. It is, after all, time for Veronica’s 10-year high school reunion."

VERONICA MARS Movie Reaches and Exceeds Goal of $2 Million on Kickstarter

Last edited:
Update: March 15, 2013

Warner Bros. Greenlights VERONICA MARS with Kickstarter Funds

Veronica-Mars-Cast-Graduation-Dragonlord.jpg

The story around Veronica Mars series creator Rob Thomas and star Kristen Bell’s Kickstarter campaign continues to evolve. It was reported that the duo had launched the fundraising effort to raise $2 million in order for Warner Bros., the rights-holding studio, to give the okay on a feature version of the sleuth series. They raised the funds in 10 hours and continue to bring in more pledges even now. Though the campaign reached its goal, it wasn’t clear whether or now Warner Bros. had greenlit the project or just how they would be involved if and when they did.

The Wrap is reporting that a studio insider claims that Warner Bros. has indeed given the green light to the Veronica Mars movie after fans successfully demonstrated their interest in getting the film off the ground. According to the report:

“The film’s production budget will come entirely from the money it raised on Kickstarter and won’t include any additional funding from the studio, the individual told TheWrap. Warner Bros. Digital Distribution will shoulder the cost of distributing the film and marketing it to the “Veronica Mars” faithful.”

Warner Bros. Greenlights VERONICA MARS, Will Be Produced Only with Kickstarter Funds

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back