MNN (First Trailer for NEED FOR SPEED Starring Aaron Paul)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Dano, Anton Yelchin and More on the WARCRAFT Short List

rw5qms.jpg

Duncan Jones

Savannah (2013) is on OnDemand

SAVANNAH is the true story of Ward Allen, a romantic and bombastic character who rejects his plantation heritage for the freedom of life on a river. Ward navigates the change of early 20th century America on the wrong side of the law and society, his loyal friend, a freed slave named Christmas Moultrie, at his side. Master of Shakespeare, and the shotgun that provides Savannah's markets with fowl, Ward fights for his rights as a hunter. His charisma and eloquent rhetoric win the heart of a society woman who defies her father to marry him. An elderly Moultrie tells the story of life on the river with his friend to a little boy, who passes the legendary Ward Allen down to the next generation.

[YT]/Xsvg_zgbB1c[/YT]

I don't know how Dragon missed this movie, probably deserved its own thread.

2vn3mf4.png

Holy shit, what a piece of crap looking movie.
But dat cast? Crazy the stuff that gets budgeted these days.

Paramount Considering Delaying WOLF OF WALL STREET to 2014

2zr189v.jpg

2013 is proving to be a very good year for movies. Not only do we still have new films from Joel and Ethan Coen, Alfonso Cuaron, and David O. Russell to look forward to, we’ve also got a return to dark comedy territory from filmmaker Martin Scorsese on the docket. Scorsese has been developing The Wolf of Wall Street for years and the film has finally come to fruition, and the trailer for the pic promises a nutty look at 90s excess buoyed by some big performances from Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, and Matthew McConaughey.

Though the film is poised to be released on November 15th, we may have to wait a bit longer to see Scorsese’s new film. Apparently the filmmaker is still not finished with the pic and a release date delay is looking very likely, with Paramount even considering a possible move to 2014.

The problem at the crux of The Wolf of Wall Street appears to be the runtime. HitFix’s In Contention first reported that Paramount execs only recently got their first look at the movie and Scorsese is busy “whittling down a typically massive first cut.” It’s almost guaranteed that the film will be moved off its November release date, but does it move to December or 2014? Pushing to 2014 would take Wall Street out of this year’s awards race, which would be disappointing considering many have pegged the film as a possible major player.

Paramount Considering Delaying Martin Scorsese’s WOLF OF WALL STREET to 2014

Last edited:
J.J. Abrams May Shoot Some of EPISODE VII with IMAX Cameras

JJ-Abrams-Directs-Star-Wars-Episode-VII-Dragonlord.jpg

It’s fitting that quite possibly the biggest film of this decade may be partially filmed using the largest cameras available. Director J.J. Abrams is currently knee-deep in prep for Star Wars: Episode VII, and having now assembled his cinematographer, costume designer, and composer, he is moving on to the particulars of the shoot. We know that Episode VII will be largely shot on soundstages in London, and it was previously learned that Abrams plans on using 35mm film instead of digital to capture the images.

Now it appears that Abrams might be mixing things up in the camera department by filming certain scenes with IMAX cameras. The folks over at AICN found this bit of info that was gleaned from IMAX CEO Richard Gelfond recently at a Goldman Sachs conference: “We are talking to J.J. Abrams test now about the next Star Wars being used with partly IMAX cameras.”

The word “test” is most likely supposed to mean “team,” but this isn’t an altogether surprising bit of info. Abrams first used IMAX cameras on Star Trek Into Darkness, filming certain sequences of the sci-fi sequel in the large-screen format. Christopher Nolan has made heavy use of IMAX as of late, and it really is the most pristine way to showcase a large-scale film. By shooting portions of Star Wars: Episode VII in IMAX, not only will fans get the chance to experience the sequel in the largest format possible, but it also provides Disney with an opportunity to reap the benefits of the more costly ticket prices.

J.J. Abrams May Shoot Some of STAR WARS: EPISODE VII with IMAX Cameras

Last edited:
Update: September 18, 2013

First Promo Image from WWII Tank Movie FURY Starring Brad Pitt

Writer/director David Ayer has been tweeting pictures from the set of his World War II tank movie, Fury. Mostly behind-the-scenes stuff, but tonight’s offering is our first official look at the cast in costume. Brad Pitt, Shia LaBeouf, Logan Lerman, Michael Pena, and Jon Bernthal sit casually atop a tank which, according to a scribble of white paint across the tank gun barrel, is called “Fury.” Click on the image to enlarge.

Pitt plays Wardaddy, an Army sergeant who leads the five-man crew of the Fury into a dangerous mission behind eneymy lines: “Outnumbered and outgunned, Wardaddy and his men face overwhelming odds in their heroic attempts to strike at the heart of Nazi Germany.” Fury is scheduled for release on November 14, 2014.

First Promo Image from WWII Tank Movie FURY Starring Brad Pitt and Shia LaBeouf

Max Landis Reveals His Original Plans for CHRONICLE Sequel

Max-Landis-Talks-Chronicle-2-Dragonlord.jpg

Last month, screenwriter Max Landis confirmed on Twitter that he was booted off the sequel to his Chronicle, saying that the movie was "still probably happening, just not with my involvement as of now," because "Fox had a different direction they wanted to take the series." A different direction from what, however

ANOTHER version of The Island of Dr. Moreau?? C'mon Hollywood.

It cannot get better than the 1977 version.
The last one had Val Kilmer and Marlon Brando for godsake. Leave it alone.

77 version was awesome. 96 version sucked so bad that it's gotta be on my list of top 10 most hated movies I've seen in theaters. Brando hamming it up and wearing a fucking ice bucket on his head. Dude was weird as all hell and probably laughing all the way to the bank making a few mill for a brief and ludicrous performance. Kilmer at least seemed like he was having fun. Thewlis had the thankless role of having to act like this shit could be taken seriously.

Dragon, I like the trailer for Her too but I think Jonze had to realize he's teetering on a thin line between intriguing and creepy. And given that fact why is Phoenix rocking that creeper 'stache.

hey Dragonlord, if you are out there reading this i want to bounce off an idea for you, how about if we can have vBookie bets about what movie is gonna win in the box office? i love movies and betting vCash, this could work for all of us imo

I love the idea of vBookie box office and have been approached by posters about this concept several times before but I am not too familiar with the rules of vBookie. At first glance, I thought only sports-related events where allowed. PM me if it's feasible and I'll try to make it happen.

Dragon, I like the trailer for Her too but I think Jonze had to realize he's teetering on a thin line between intriguing and creepy. And given that fact why is Phoenix rocking that creeper 'stache.
Yeah, there is definitely a creepy underlying undertone in there. I also suspect that the cutesy trailer might be misleading and the actual movie might be more bleak. Hope not.

Rosamund Pike Lands Female Lead in David Fincher’s GONE GIRL

Rosamund-Pike-Dragonlord-1.jpg

After a year and a half of waiting to hear what David Fincher’s next project after The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo might be, the filmmaker is moving very quickly on his adaptation of the bestselling Gillian Flynn novel Gone Girl. Fincher committed to the film as his next project just a couple of weeks ago with Ben Affleck set as the male lead, and the search began to fill the pic’s integral female lead role. Now Fincher has settled on which actress will take on the role, and it’s the lovely Rosamund Pike.

The story of Gone Girl revolves around a woman who goes missing on her fifth wedding anniversary, leaving her husband as the prime suspect in her disappearance. Affleck will be playing the husband, and now THR reports that Pike has been offered and is expected to accept the role of the wife. The part was understandably highly coveted among a number of thirtysomething actresses, with Abbie Cornish and Olivia Wilde also said to be in the mix. The British actress most recently appeared opposite Tom Cruise in Jack Reacher, and she does some swell work in Edgar Wright’s upcoming The World’s End.

Additionally, THR notes that Neil Patrick Harris and Tyler Perry are being eyed for supporting roles. Filming on Gone Girl is set to begin this September, so expect plenty more casting news in the coming weeks.

Rosamund Pike Lands the Female Lead in David Fincher’s Next Film GONE GIRL

Model Emily Ratajkowski Joins David Fincher

Full Trailer for Idris Elba's MANDELA: LONG WALK TO FREEDOM

2d793zt.jpg

The Weinstein Company has released first trailer for director Justin Chadwick’s (The Other Boleyn Girl) biopic Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom. The film stars Idris Elba and chronicles the life of Nelson Mandela from his childhood in a rural village to his election as president of South Africa. Elba is unsurprisingly fantastic, and the pic actually looks to take on a pretty large scope when tackling Mandela’s story. As far as biopics go, Long Walk to Freedom looks quite impressive. The film also stars Naomie Harris. Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom opens on November 29th.

The Weinstein Co. screened parts of the film for the United Nations General Assembly on Thursday as part of celebrations of Nelson Mandela International Day. Notable attendees included former U.S. President Bill Clinton; Rev. Jesse Jackson; singer and civil rights icon Harry Belafonte; U.N. General Assembly president John William Ashe; and Ban ki-moon, secretary-general of the U.N.

Mandela, who has been hospitalized with health issues, is showing signs of improvement, his daughter Zindzi said Wednesday. She reported her father has made "dramatic progress" and may be going home "anytime soon."

Idris Elba Plays Nelson Mandela in 'Long Walk to Freedom' Trailer

Last edited:
New Red-Band Featurette Focuses on Dark Humor and Violence

Kick-Ass-2-Johnson-Moretz-0806-Dragonlord.jpg

Universal Pictures has released a new red-band featurette for director Jeff Wadlow’s Kick-Ass 2, providing a no-holds-barred look at the very R-rated sequel. The story finds Aaron Taylor-Johnson’s Dave/Kick-Ass and Chloe Grace Moretz’s Mindy/Hit-Girl inspiring a new wave of masked superheroes to join in the fight against a league of villains led by the Motherfucker (Christopher Mintz-Plasse). With no one left to turn to, Dave joins forces with Justice Forever, run by a born-again ex-mobster named Colonel Stars and Stripes (Jim Carrey).

If you were on the fence as to whether this follow-up could capture the same dark humor and violence of the first film, this new featurette should put your mind at ease. In addition to previewing new footage, we see the aforementioned actors, Wadlow, and producer/Kick-Ass director Matthew Vaughn discuss the new film as well. The film also stars The film also stars John Leguizamo, Lindy Booth, Clark Duke, Donald Faison, and Morris Chestnut. Kick-Ass 2 opens on August 16th.

New Kick-Ass 2 Red-Band Featurette Focuses on Humor and Violence

Last edited:
First Clip from Real-Time Thriller LOCKE Starring Tom Hardy

2zeif15.jpg

The first clip has been released for Steven Knight‘s (Redemption) upcoming film, Locke. The real-time thriller stars Tom Hardy as Ivan Locke, “a man on the road to success who must race to save his life from unraveling after he receives a mysterious phone call.” It sounds like a gripping, intense picture, but that doesn’t really come across in this clip. It has nice cinematography, but the clip involves Locke asking to have an important discussion regarding concrete. There’s a bit of intrigue on the other end of the line, but it’s barely there. The film also stars Ruth Wilson and debuts at the Venice Film Festival on September 2nd.

Here’s a statement from Knight [Via Venice Film Festival]: "It was a joy and challenge to make Locke in an entirely different way. Shot in real time, Locke breaks new ground in movie making with Hardy holding the screen alone while the camera never blinks. The night time highway is part back drop, part art installation, as a stellar cast play the people Ivan loves and hates and who witness his extraordinary journey to despair and ultimately to redemption. A man’s life transformed in a half a tank of gas. I believe the journey of Ivan Locke is deeply moving and utterly compulsive."

Synopsis: Ivan Locke has worked hard to craft a good life for himself. Tonight, that life will collapse around him. On the eve of the biggest challenge of his career, Ivan receives a phone call that sets in motion a series of events that will unravel his family, job, and soul. Directed Locke is a unique cinematic experience that literally puts the audience in the passenger’s seat to watch the driver’s life unfold.

First Clip from Steven Knight's Thriller LOCKE Starring Tom Hardy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back