MNN (First Trailer for THE HANGOVER III; Sam Mendes Won't Direct BOND 24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal Cancels Early IMAX Release for OBLIVION

tom-cruise-oblivion-slice1.jpg

Oblivion, Universal’s latest sci-fi endeavor, will now hit IMAX screens non-IMAX screens on April 19th. Universal had previously planned to sneak the film in IMAX on April 12th. Deadline is reporting that pushing the Tom Cruise vehicle back a week will result with less competition in theaters with only Ashton Kutcher’s jOBS set to release that week, and will allow the star to court the ever important international market where the film is still set to release on April 12th.

Also, Universal will give its release of Steven Spielberg’s Jurassic Park 3D, out on April 5th, some breathing room allowing moviegoers an extra week to fondly revisit 1993, and get their dinosaur fix in stunning IMAX. This follows the studio’s other recent changes to Kick-Ass 2 (August 16th) and 2 Guns (August 2nd) as well as the announcement that R.I.P.D. (July 19th) will be released in 3D.

Universal Pushes the IMAX Release of Joseph Kosinski's OBLIVION Back to April 19th

New Clip from THE PLACE BEYOND THE PINES

Place-Beyond-Pines-0305-Dragonlord.jpg

Focus Features has released a new clip from Derek Cianfrance’s drama The Place Beyond the Pines. The film centers on a generational conflict involving two fathers: one a pro-motorcycle rider and bank robber (Ryan Gosling) and a rookie cop on the rise (Bradley Cooper). Eva Mendes co-stars as the girlfriend of Gosling’s character.

Spoiler warning: This clip strongly hints at important events that take place earlier in the film. The clip features Cooper's off duty cop tries to plead with an emotionally distraught mother (Mendes). The film also stars Dane DeHaan, Ray Liotta, Bruce Greenwood, Ben Mendelsohn. The Place Beyond the Pines opens in limited release on March 29th.

THE PLACE BEYOND THE PINES Clip - "I Want You to Have It"

MONSTER HOUSE's Gil Kenan to Direct POLTERGEIST Remake

gil-kenan-poltergeist-slice.jpg

With news that Gil Kenan (Monster House) will be directing MGM

No more Resident Evil movies, please. Let that turd of a franchise die already.

Keri Russell Joins DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES

Keri-Russell-Dawn-Planet-Apes-Dragonlord.jpg

Keri Russell will take the female lead in Fox’s Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, opposite Andy Serkis, Jason Clarke, Kodi-Smit McPhee and Gary Oldman. Fox has set the film for release on May 23, 2014. Matt Reeves replaced Rupert Wyatt, who had directed 2011’s franchise reboot Rise of the Planet of the Apes, in October. Additional details about Russell’s character were not immediately available. Script is penned by Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver.

The film takes place 15 years after the events of the first movie, and the story is said to be split between a small human colony struggling to survive alone in San Francisco and Caesar’s (Andy Serkis) attempt to maintain dominance over his kingdom. Oldman is set to play the leader of the human colony.

Russell has some history with Reeves, as she previously toplined the popular television series Felicity which was created and run by Reeves and J.J. Abrams. The actress is coming off a strong return to television with FX’s excellent 1980s Russian spy series The Americans and was most recently seen on the big screen in Dark Skies.

Keri Russell Signed on for Female Lead in DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES

Carrie Fisher Was Just Joking on Her Return to EPISODE VII

Carrie-Fisher-Star-Wars-0306-Dragonlord.jpg

In a recent interview, Carrie Fisher - who played Princess Leia in the original Star Wars trilogy - responded to a question asking if she'll be back for Disney's Episode VII with a simple "yes". Since then, many sites picked up on the story taking it as official confirmation that she'll be featured in the J.J. Abrams-directed epic. However, a rep for Fisher has told CNN that the actress was merely joking, and that she isn't signed up for a reprisal yet. "She was joking. Nothing has been announced."

Guess we'll have to wait until a press release before we do have official confirmation on casting. But it's still a strong possibility that Fisher, Mark Hamill and/or Harrison Ford will be featured in Episode VII. Hamill recently stated that he and other original trilogy actors were discussing potential returns, but nothing was set in stone. Star Wars: Episode VII is targeting a 2015 release. Michael Ardnt (Toy Story 3) is working on the script.

Carrie Fisher Was Just Joking on Her Return to STAR WARS: EPISODE VII

Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Ed Norton. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion, The Incredible Hulk, has not helped you conjure up a role in the Aveng..... - [grasps his throat as if he is being choked]

That's Ed Norton's force choke to the director to tell him to cut a movie to make him look better.

New Poster for MACHETE KILLS Featuring Sofia Vergara

Robert Rodriguez has no problem blending sex with violence. He replaced one of Rose McGowan

New Poster for MACHETE KILLS Featuring Sofia Vergara

The film also stars Michelle Rodriguez, Amber Heard, Charlie Sheen, Lady Gaga, Antonio Banderas, Jessica Alba, Demian Bichir, Alex Vega, Vanessa Hudgens, Cuba Gooding Jr., William Sadler, Marko Zaror, and Mel Gibson. Machete Kills opens September 13th.
Da fuq on Lady Gaga?

Marko was a bit beastly in Undisputed 3.

That poster wants me to firebomb hollywood. i do hope they are making it look bad on purpose.

New Images and Poster from M. Night Shyamalan's AFTER EARTH

BEs3qDQCYAEXVwD.jpg

after-earth-jaden-smith2-600x600.jpg

After-Earth-Poster-0306-Dragonlord.jpg

Mark Ruffalo Says There's No Plans for HULK Standalone Film

Mark-Ruffalo-Hulk-01-Dragonlord.jpg

After two lukewarm live-action adaptations of the Hulk, last year's The Avengers finally nailed the character correctly, from the height and build up to his strength levels, and stole the show. Mark Ruffalo also gave the best Bruce Banner performance out of all the past actors in my opinion. Ever since Latino Review's El Mayimbe reported that a Planet Hulk is in the works for Phase 3, there has been numerous news item debunking the rumor. Today, Ruffalo sent a message to Twitter (via CBM) on the prospects of a solo Hulk movie:

"A lot of folks have been asking about the Next Hulk. The next time you see my Hulk it will be in the Avengers 2. No plans for stand alone. I am not giving up on another stand alone HULK. But it’s not in the works right now. One never knows what the future will bring."

Despite all these, I still believe that the Planet Hulk will push through down the road because not only is it freaking cool but it's just the next natural course for the character. All other Hulk stories pale in comparison to Planet Hulk and World War Hulk. And as you might have seen from the latest trailer of Iron Man 3, a Hulkbuster armor is prominently featured in it. Would be a shame if we never saw it in action against the Jade Giant himself.

First Trailer for Todd Phillip's THE HANGOVER PART III

the-hangover-3-slice1.jpg

The first trailer for director Todd Phillips

George Lucas Says Original 3 Actors Signed on for EPISODE VII

Star-Wars-Hamill-Fisher-Ford-Dragonlord.jpg

Over the past month, we’ve heard various stories about the involvement of Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford for J.J. Abrams‘ Star Wars: Episode VII. Ford was reportedly on board, but then another report said that contract signings were still a ways off. Then Hamill said they were in talks, but nothing had been signed. Yesterday, Fisher confirmed she would return to play Princess Leia. Any way you slice it, it looks like the characters are in the script for the new movie, and the only question is when it will be declared official that the trio of actors are reprising their roles. Speaking to Businessweek, Lucas says that all of the rumors are nonsense because the actors were “pretty much” already on board before development began:

"We had already signed Mark and Carrie and Harrison—or we were pretty much in final stages of negotiation. So I called them to say, ‘Look, this is what’s going on.’ ” He pauses. “Maybe I’m not supposed to say that. I think they want to announce that with some big whoop-de-do, but we were negotiating with them.” Then he adds: “I won’t say whether the negotiations were successful or not.”"

For all the coyness surrounding the negotiations, it sounds like Hamill, Fisher, and Ford are returning. As far back as last August, which was before the sale of Lucasfilm to Disney had been announced, Lucas had told Hamill and Fisher that the sequel trilogy was going forward.

George Lucas Says Original 3 Actors Pretty Much Signed on for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII

Sam Raimi Reveals Why He Left WORLD OF WARCRAFT

Sam-Raimi-World-of-Warcraft-Dragonlord-1.jpg

Once upon a time, Spider-Man director Sam Raimi was set to direct the adaptation of Blizzard’s uber-successful MMORPG, World of Warcraft. It was a time for celebration amongst movie fans and gamers alike as Raimi seemed like a bold, exciting choice for the project which promised to rival the scope of films such as The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. And then, with the wave of a wizard’s staff, Raimi was off the project. While World Of Warcraft is now getting back on track with Duncan Jones (Source Code) in the director’s chair, we never quite knew what was the cause behind Raimi’s departure.

Until today that is. Speaking to Vulture about Raimi’s latest film, Oz The Great and Powerful, the director had this to say about his experience on WoW:

"Robert Rodat was working on the script, and it was taking a long time. I think they were getting a little antsy at Legendary, the production company. Actually, what happened was even more complicated, so let me go back a little bit. First, they asked me if I wanted to make it, and I said, “Yes, I love World of Warcraft, and I think it would make a great picture.” So I read a screenplay they had that was written by the guys at [Warcraft developer] Blizzard, and it didn’t quite work for me.

I told them I wanted to make my own original story with Robert, so we pitched it to Legendary and they accepted it, and then we pitched it to Blizzard, and they had reservations, but they accepted it. Then Robert wrote the screenplay, and only once he was done did we realize that Blizzard had veto power, and we didn’t know that. And they had never quite approved the original story we pitched them. Those reservations were their way of saying, “We don’t approve this story, and we want to go a different way,” so after we had spent nine months working on this thing, we basically had to start over.

And Robert did start over, but it was taking too long for the people at Blizzard, and their patience ran out. Honestly, I think it was mismanagement on their behalf, not to explain to us that the first story was vetoed long ago. Why did they let us keep working on it? Were they afraid to tell me??"

"I loved [Duncan Jones'] movie Moon, and I think he’s a strikingly talented director. I bet that if anyone can do a great job with it, it’s him."

Sam Raimi Reveals He Left WORLD OF WARCRAFT Movie Because of Blizzard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back