Mock UFC on FOX: Orlando Card (Post Your Own!)

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
FOX Main Card:

Cody Garbrandt vs. Marlon Moraes
Yoel Romero vs. Paulo Borrachinha
Jessica Andrade vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz
Mike Perry vs. Alex Oliveira

FOX Prelims:

Vicente Luque vs. Nordine Taleb
Alan Jouban vs. Ben Saunders
Gilbert Burns vs.Olivier Aubin-Mercier
Sean O'Malley vs. Andre Soukhamthath
Dominick Reyes vs. Aleksander Rakic

Fight Pass Prelims:

John Moraga vs. Ryan Benoit
Alexandra Albu vs. Nina Ansaroff
Walt Harris vs. Mark Godbeer
Rachael Ostovich vs. Gillian Robertson

I got bored at work so I mocked out the final FOX card with the UFC coming in February. What do you guys think? Let me take you through some of the reasoning for the matchups I made.

Garbrandt vs. Moraes- Just feel like this one would be an absolute barn burner between two of the best strikers in the division. Would be an excellent Main Event and set the winner up for a potential title shot in a BW division that's becoming quite crowded. Romero vs. Borrachinha I made because Yoel said he wants to fight on this card. Looking at the MW landscape almost everyone is tied up in the top 15 except Kelvin Gastelum, who turned a fight with Romero down already. Borrachinha said he wants a big fight next. Well here ya go. Fireworks. Andrade-Karolina is already confirmed and I'm sure it'll be a Main Card fight. Perry and Oliveira are two of the most exciting fighters at WW and coming off losses. Perry said he wants to get in on this card. Perfect matchup.

What do you guys think of this card? I'd like to see some of your own Mock Cards for the UFC's final Big FOX card before the deal ends and they search for a new TV platform.

Last edited:
Nice card,the main event and Oliveira x Perry would be good matchups.

Volkov vs. Werdum should headline.

Volkov vs. Werdum should headline.
I wouldn't mind that fight, I feel like that's the one that's going to happen next but maybe it'll be on the UFC 222 PPV in March.

Whatever it ends up being I think it will be incredibly disappointing in comparison to yours. Also O'Malley said on facebook he's fighting on UFC 222.

FOX Main Card:
Cody Garbrandt vs. Marlon Moraes
Yoel Romero vs. Paulo Borrachinha
giphy.webp

That would be an insane FOX card with that main and co-main.

I'd like to see Marlon get someone serious. That finish on Al Jo might get him what he wants.

Whatever it ends up being I think it will be incredibly disappointing in comparison to yours. Also O'Malley said on facebook he's fighting on UFC 222.
Oh yeah? Glad to see him back soon. I know he said he wanted to fight Soukhamthath. I'm sure that'll end up on the 222 prelims if so.

Oliviera & Perry arent returning that quick. Oliviera just had surgery. Garbrandt did as well not too long ago. Didn't realize this was a FOX not FS1 card.

Romero vs Branch
KK vs Andrade
Masvidal vs Kim
Guida vs Miller

Felder vs Dunham
Lentz vs Gordon
Ladd vs Eubanks
Luque vs Strickland
Saunders vs Jouban
OAM vs Burns

I'd love to make a great stacked card but they rarely do that & the roster is pretty bare right now. A lot of injuries, a lot of guys just fought or are already booked. Or they make sense on other cards; Till in England, Vick in Texas etc

Oliviera & Perry arent returning that quick. Oliviera just had surgery. Garbrandt did as well not too long ago. Didn't realize this was a FOX not FS1 card.

Romero vs Branch
KK vs Andrade
Masvidal vs Kim
Guida vs Miller

Lentz vs Gordon
Ladd vs Eubanks
Luque vs Strickland
Saunders vs Jouban
OAM vs Burns
Collier vs Prachnio

I'd love to make a great stacked card but they rarely do that & the roster is pretty bare right now. A lot of injuries, a lot of guys just fought or are already booked. Or they make sense on other cards; Till in England, Vick in Texas etc
I like this one man. It's probably a bit more realistic than mine. On Perry and Garbrandt. Both said they want to return soon. Perry said to consider him a lock for Orlando. Garbrandt said he wants to return around March and this card is the very end of February so it's close.

I'll take a swing at this:

Main Card
Dustin Poirier vs Kevin Lee
Yoel Romero vs Tim Boetsch
Jorge Masvidal vs Gunnar Nelson

Andrade/Karolina K seems like a lock. Dustin Poirier trains down at ATT in the area and so if you're not going to roll with Yoel Romero as the main event then Poirier probably is the guy most capable of filling in somewhere. Poirier vs Kevin Lee makes sense in terms of keeping both guys active as chances are the Barboza/Nurmagomedov winner is fighting Tony Ferguson. Tim Boetsch strikes me as the sort of dude psychopathic enough to throw down with Yoel Romero. Masvidal is probably a good regional draw to kick off the main card plus I think Gunnar wants to get back in there soon-ish.

Fox/FS1 prelims
Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs Gilbert Burns
Beneil Dariush vs Drew Dober
Bryan Barberena vs Lyman Good
Alan Jouban vs Ben Saunders
Walt Harris vs Daniel Omielanczuk
Nina Ansaroff vs Courtney Casey

Think OAM/Burns and Jouban/Saunders are locks for the prelim slate. Most of this is just filler stuff although you assume ATT fighters like Nina Ansaroff and Walt Harris will appear on this card somewhere. Barberena and Lyman Good is an example of giving two guys on a similar level something to do.

Fight Pass Prelims
Jake Collier vs. Marcin Prachnio
Luis Gomez vs Kyle Bochniak

I have to imagine after appearing on DWTCS and KOing undefeated top prospect Sodiq Yusuff that Luis Gomez has to be on the radar. Training at ATT with dudes like Jorge Masvidal hyping him up doesn't hurt either.

I like this one man. It's probably a bit more realistic than mine. On Perry and Garbrandt. Both said they want to return soon. Perry said to consider him a lock for Orlando. Garbrandt said he wants to return around March and this card is the very end of February so it's close.
If Perry is a go for February, I say Belal or Means would be good opponent for him.

Romero vs Branch
KK vs Andrade
Masvidal vs Kim
Perry vs Belal

Guida vs Miller
Lentz vs Gordon
Ladd vs Eubanks
Luque vs Strickland
Saunders vs Jouban
OAM vs Burns

Move Felder/Dunham to UFC Austin or UFC 222.

UFC On FOX 28
Orlando Florida
Main Card (FOX)
Cody Garbradnt vs Raphael Assuncao
Chris Weidman vs Paulo Borrachinha
Jorge Masvidal vs Matt Brown
Jessica Andrade vs Karalina Kowalkiewicz

Preliminary Card (FOX)
Oliver Auburn Mercier vs Gilbert Burns
Sean O'Malley vs Tom Duquesnoy
Alan Jouban vs Ben Saunders
Todd Duffee vs Walt Harris

Preliminary Card (Fight Pass)
Brad Tavares vs Antonio Carlos Junior
Wilson Reis vs Ryan Benoit
Jake Collier vs Marcin Prachnio
Johnny Case vs Nasrat Haqrapast
Josh Stansbury vs James Bochnovic

Shogun vs DC
UL vs CM Punk
Vitor vs GSP
Ngannou vs Chuck
Khabib vs Conor

Cain Velasquez vs. Stefan Struve
Al Iaquinta vs. James Vick
Randy Brown vs. Dong Hyun Kim
Junior Albini vs. Travis Browne
Michael Chiesa vs. Will Brooks

Clay Guida vs. Rustam Khabilov
Ben Saunders vs. Alan Jouban
Gilbert Burns vs. Olivier Aubin-Mercier

Jake Collier vs. Marcin Prachni
Gadzimurad Antigulov vs. Patrick Cummins
Veronika Macedo vs. Bethe Correia

You definitely put some thought into these matchups. The Borrachina vs romero fight would be fireworks. These are just good matchups all around. A+

Back