Moments like Paul Craig's triangle that affected the course of our lives

A life changing fight for Forest Griffin when he fought Shogun Rua. Forest was nothing but a average skill fighter with a heart that was nearly un-matched against one of the most hyped fighters coming from the PRIDE fighting championship, and the then current UFC LHW champion. Nobody gave Forest a chance, but when he won it changed his life forever as a UFC champion and giving a huge wave of respect for the fighters coming off The Ultimate Fighter show.

The good times of old are over, my friend. Now UFC could replace the fighting with fart contests and they'd be more exciting. Less people would probably accidentally shit themselves too. (Looking at you, Justine Kish)
If you feel that way about the UFC, stop watching. There are PLENTY of exciting fights nowadays, you must have wimped out on MMA already.

Imagine yourself basking in the sun down in Cabo....then you got a call that led to this....
PiercingMildGrouper.gif

Paul Craig made himself some decent money for four more fights. If he is lucky, he will be paired up with four guys like Sam Alvey, Gian Villante, Pat Cummins, Jeremy Kimball or the guy KOed by Sam Alvey recently.
Doubt this happens. He will be fed people like Gokhan Saki, Karim Edilov and Rakic, who will all beat him.
Meanwhile, Ankalaev has now shown us all he is serious business. I can see him destroying his next few opponents as a way of making up for what happened against Paul Craig.
I am actually excited for Ankalaevs next match. I don't like him, but I just know he will be on a warpath up the ranks.

Thats what we are here for man. Go hard or go home. If youve never screamed at the television in rage,or ran around like those two guys on youtube when crocop beat gonzaga,your not really living.

Agreed but for a fight to “change the course of your life “ is absurd

Unless you made some insane wager like literally betting the house on the fight as some shertards claim to do

Not only did Paul Craig save his career, he also gave Ankalaev his first loss. Ankalaev would still be undefeated and would be seen as a major prospect in the barren wasteland of LHW today.
I think a loss early in MMA actually helps a fighter in the long run.

not only did he earn another contract, but in that last second, he made $$$. i posted this after the fight in another thread:

EDIT: My reading comprehension sucks.

I think a loss early in MMA actually helps a fighter in the long run.
It does. If you never ever lose and it fiiiiinally happens,its very hard to be who you once were again.

When Hillary Clinton was getting her ass whooped by Bernie Sanders and then started hacking all the vote machines with 'Fraction Magic', colluded with the media to cancel all the exit polls which concealed her fraud, murdered Seth Rich for exposing their corruption - thus creating the "Russian Narrative', fell on her face seizing at the 9/11 memorial and all of this combined resulted in Trump being POTUS and the complete split and possible destruction of the Democratic Party. Now that is what I call dee Po Craig Effect, lassie.
Hahahahaha!! Preach brother!

Is there an equivalent moment where a life altering moment happened (or didn't happen) due to the slightest of margins.
When the police arrested me for attempted murder of my mom. If I had just not picked up the meat cleaver, I would have avoided a year in county jail.

If Conor lost the decision to Diaz in the second fight, things would be much different. For example I think he'd be about $120M+ less rich.

If RDA didn't break his toe, Nate Diaz' life would be very different. This is why I truly believe he has a statue in his living room of RDA's broken toe, which he worships everyday.

Back