Money Heist / La Casa de Papel (Netflix show)

blitzk

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Anyone watching this show? It has 91% audience approval on RT.
It's a Spanish thriller that came out last year and it has created a big following so far. I've watched over half of the first season and it's very good. It has a lot of elements from Spike Lee's 'Inside Man' but somehow remains original. It has pretty solid acting and some likable characters. I'm really digging it and if you like heist movies, I think you will like this too.

Plot:
Eight thieves take hostages and lock themselves in the Royal Mint of Spain as a criminal mastermind manipulates the police to carry out his plan to achieve the biggest robbery in history.

casa2.jpg

I like Spanish cinema. I will try this. Looks cool.

I like Spanish cinema. I will try this. Looks cool.

Spain has a top-notch film industry, so in a way it's not surprising that the show is good, but at the same time I had never seen a Spanish tv show before. It's comforting to see that their film quality translates to tv as well.

Last edited:
I like it! Good entertainment. Not a masterpiece imo, but definitely worth a watch.

Money heist is just about the lamest title imaginable though.

I like it! Good entertainment. Not a masterpiece imo, but definitely worth a watch.

Money heist is just about the lamest title imaginable though.

yeah I actually saw this title and decided not to watch it, thinking that if the title's that dumb the show must be on par with that.

I'll check it out. Thanks TS

yeah I actually saw this title and decided not to watch it, thinking that if the title's that dumb the show must be on par with that.

I'll check it out. Thanks TS

Yeah, the English title is pretty dumb and generic. The original title is La Casa de Papel, its literal translation would be The Paper House, which is the name of the place where they print bills and coin in Spain.

250px-La_casa_de_papel_intertitle.png

Yeah, the English title is pretty dumb and generic. The original title is La Casa de Papel, its literal translation would be The Paper House, which is the name of the place where they print bills and coin in Spain.

250px-La_casa_de_papel_intertitle.png

LOL "Money Heist" is a pretty shit translation then!

That's like taking a war movie like Dunkirk and just calling it "Battle Fights"

I literally loled.
That's a great example.

@blitzk thank you for this recommendation!!!

This fucking show is the tits.

Sherbros, do yourself a favor and watch it!

If you're one of those people that hates reading subtitles, then Netflix allows you to turn on the English dubbing

lol On the last episode of the Joel McHale show they made fun of a dude who say "Pasta food" This post reminded me of that haha

Just started watching this one last night... its great

Finished the first "season". It's entertaining but I'm not going to watch any other episodes. It really drags at times and they've stretched maybe 10 solid episodes into 13 for this first part with a few more according to Wikipedia...last Netflix ep is 13 but Wiki says the last episode of part one is ep 9. Weird.

Worst heist crew ever. They should have popped Arturito within the first three episodes. Berlin is the best character by far and I would totally bang Nairobi. Something about that huge nose and her attitude.

New season of money heist just came out!

I thought it would be impossible after the way they ended season 2, but they found a way. You're gonna have to suspend disbelief a bit in the first couple episodes to accept the fact that they're in another heist, but once you do that it's not bad. Not yet anyway. I'm only a couple episodes in.

If you haven't watched the first 2 seasons then do yourself a favor and watch it. Great show. Love the professor.

I gave up at rhe end of season 1 when homeboys nose bled but I might watch it again I speak spanish and the spanish accent(euro)annoys me a bit.

la casa de papel is better and applies better

Just started watching this. It's decent so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back