@Brown
Reaction score
Anyone planning on checking it out?

It starts Saturday on PS4

download available friday

http://www.monsterhunterworld.com/us/topics/beta/

img_intro01.jpg

Last edited:
Well I wasn't cause I had no idea but I am now.

Awesome. I'll be playing it this weekend. Not sure how much I'll enjoy it but I'll give it a shot.
same here. This game was a off the radar for me but i'm always down to try something for free lol

Good stuff never knew about this.

I'm really looking forward to trying this.. I put 100+ hours into MH Stories... I know it's not really the same but now I'm kind of into the universe. Can't wait to try the main series.

I'm really looking forward to trying this.. I put 100+ hours into MH Stories... I know it's not really the same but now I'm kind of into the universe. Can't wait to try the main series.

This is gonna be totally new to me. Never played a MH game before, but damn the game looks like a ton of fun.

So pumped for the Demo, easily my most hyped game for 2018. It's been a long time for a proper console release and I can't wait to dump hundreds of hours into this.

For those that are saying this is your first venture into the MH games, treat the big monster hunts more like a Dark Souls boss fights than a hack and slash battle. Be patient, don't get greedy, and get familiar with the I-frames while dodging.

Hmm sounds cool and I never even heard of it until now.

Cheers TS.

Downloading now, looking forward to playing this.

Going to download when I get home, what time does the demo open?

Got mine downloaded and ready to go as well.

I think it said 9am its going live.

LOVE IT ALREADY

Just got done jumping the great jagras

LOVE IT ALREADY

Just got done jumping the great jagras

Glad you like it, but demos just can't do Monster Hunter justice. It gives you a good sense of how the combat works and how each weapon feels, but the combat is only the half of it. MH has one of the best crafting systems I've run across in a game. Each monster can be carved after the hunt for resources, which you then use to craft weapons/armor.

Crafting a full set of armor will trigger bonus stats like increased stamina, elemental resistances, etc. It's not quite a set bonus, since skills are unlocked by points and each piece of armor has points towards a skill. Like a the helm may have +5 to Fire Resistance, Body has +3, and Legs +2. Once you hit 10 points the skill activates. This allows you mix and match armor sets to unlock a beastly skill set across multple sets of armor.

After the playing the demo, I'm super hyped for the full game to hit next month. I see myself easily dumping 200+ hours into this game.

Glad you like it, but demos just can't do Monster Hunter justice. It gives you a good sense of how the combat works and how each weapon feels, but the combat is only the half of it. MH has one of the best crafting systems I've run across in a game. Each monster can be carved after the hunt for resources, which you then use to craft weapons/armor.

Crafting a full set of armor will trigger bonus stats like increased stamina, elemental resistances, etc. It's not quite a set bonus, since skills are unlocked by points and each piece of armor has points towards a skill. Like a the helm may have +5 to Fire Resistance, Body has +3, and Legs +2. Once you hit 10 points the skill activates. This allows you mix and match armor sets to unlock a beastly skill set across multple sets of armor.

After the playing the demo, I'm super hyped for the full game to hit next month. I see myself easily dumping 200+ hours into this game.
is it open world? definitely interested in this one

Pre-ordered can't wait for release

is it open world? definitely interested in this one

I think it's going to be more open than previous entries, but not 100% sure. Previous titles had different maps broken up into zones. this one seems like it may still have different maps, but the maps will be open and a lot bigger.

I don't think it would work well having one completely open map. There have been different environments in the maps like grasslands, tundra, desert, volcano, etc. Depending on the hunt would determine which map would load up for the mission. If it was completely open world you would spend too much time traversing the map getting into the proper biome for the different hunts. I'm hoping that there will be several maps to break up the different biomes, but each map will be one seamless environment.

Last edited:
Back