Multiplatform Monster Hunter World

Played some of the Demo and it felt good. Took on a Barroth in the Intermidiate hunt with a Greatsword.

It took a little getting used to since I haven't played a MH since MH4U and I'm currently playing Nioh, so the change in speed took a minute to get my bearings. I hated ranged combat in previous entries since it was designed around the 3DS and the aiming was all jacked up. Read they adjusted the aiming more in line with 3rd person shooters utilizing dual analog, so looking forward to checking that out.

Don't want to get to invested in the demo and have my feelings hurt when they pull it at the end of the weekend. Only plan on doing a hard run with the Longsword and checking out some of the ranged weapons.

All in all, I'm really happy with the first console outing in years for MH.

I was out on saturday and hungover all day yesterday, i totally forgot about this, is the beta still open?

I played the first 2 hunts it feels great. I've been waiting on a console version since i played MHU4 on 3DS. Played around 80 hours on handheld i can see myself putting many more hours into this.

I played and the game looks amazing and combat is fun main issues:

1. Seems way to easy. I was never in fear of dying.
2. Is there a story in this game? Or is it just hunting monsters?

I have never played a Monster Hunter game before, is this game worth checking out? I like the look and gameplay of it. It will be a nice change from the Evil within and Dark Souls.

I have never played a Monster Hunter game before, is this game worth checking out? I like the look and gameplay of it. It will be a nice change from the Evil within and Dark Souls.

I'm actually kind of surprised more Dark Souls players don't like MH, part of it at least has been no console versions for like 10 years. Both have tight combat mechanics, require patience over hack and slash, and punish the fuck out of you making mistakes.

It's not level based like Dark Souls games though. When you select a hunt, that's your primary objective. You will have to track the monster and clear any trash enemies that will hinder your combat. But the main focus is dropping huge monsters.

There is a incredibly deep crafting that you'll spend a lot of time gearing up and optomizing your character too, so it's not all just battling monsters.

I'm actually kind of surprised more Dark Souls players don't like MH, part of it at least has been no console versions for like 10 years. Both have tight combat mechanics, require patience over hack and slash, and punish the fuck out of you making mistakes.

It's not level based like Dark Souls games though. When you select a hunt, that's your primary objective. You will have to track the monster and clear any trash enemies that will hinder your combat. But the main focus is dropping huge monsters.

There is a incredibly deep crafting that you'll spend a lot of time gearing up and optomizing your character too, so it's not all just battling monsters.
Lol, have you played online? ahahah, the R1 / L1 spam is real.

I look forward to giving this a try though. Is there some story that I should catch up on? from MH's Nintendo DS days?

Lol, have you played online? ahahah, the R1 / L1 spam is real.

I look forward to giving this a try though. Is there some story that I should catch up on? from MH's Nintendo DS days?

yeah, there is that. I was speaking more towards boss battles where you need pattern recognition, utilize invincibility frames, proper positioning, striking small attacking windows, etc.

There is no PvP in MH. At least not yet, they may add some component in this new one.

Literally never heard of this series. What am I missing?

I think the main issue is the platform has been atrocious. No offense to the 3ds fans out there but that thing is a piece of trash to try to play any time sensitive combat game on. The 3ds xl hilariously brought back one of the worst pieces of tech ever designed... the laptop nub... what were they thinking?!?!

I like MH so much that I'm currently playing the Japanese version on switch with the pro controller. It's so good to play it like this but also frustrates me that we have had to suffer through such a terrible gaming platform.

yeah, there is that. I was speaking more towards boss battles where you need pattern recognition, utilize invincibility frames, proper positioning, striking small attacking windows, etc.

There is no PvP in MH. At least not yet, they may add some component in this new one.
I like single player games, so I am happy to play solo, but the group battles seem fun, against a big monster boss or something. I will get the demo whenever it is released (I missed the beta). I hope the controls aren't too annoying..

Literally never heard of this series. What am I missing?

Really? That's kinda surprising actually. This series been around for a long time. Do you not game much?

Really? That's kinda surprising actually. This series been around for a long time. Do you not game much?

Mostly PC. Is it super popular on consoles?

Never played monster Hunter, but I love toukiden. So will this be a safe buy?

People need to realize this is a tactical hunting game . Not some god of war slasher.

Never played monster Hunter, but I love toukiden. So will this be a safe buy?

Toukiden is a MH clone, so I think it's a pretty safe bet you'll enjoy this. I didn't spend much time with Toukiden since it felt like a poor mans MH and didn't seem to scratch the right itch.

Back