Multiplatform Monster Hunter World

Eyepatch, holy sabers and some charms use the commendation

I beat Pink Rathian on my second try, which I was surprised by, since the usual suspects had given me trouble based on what I was hearing (Anj, Odogaron, Diablos, etc.)

I fought Nerg in multiplayer, didn't feel like having the hassle.

I'm at the stage now where the elder dragons open up along with all the elder recess monsters. This is probably prime time for grinding end game stuff in this game, I'm assuming.

Love killing Beetlejuice that fucker has ruined a good few hunts in the past.

Love killing Beetlejuice that fucker has ruined a good few hunts in the past.
He's such an asshole. I don't think he ever misses an opportunity to try and bully the other monsters when he's in the area.

Great, got my majestic horn, now I have to farm nerg and black Diablos for the final upgrade

Solo’d HR Diablos with no carts. You do that fight enough times, and the charges and dodges are almost like you two are dancing. Felt bad when the final blow hit. Thanks for the last dance, you sandy bastard.

Solo’d HR Diablos with no carts. You do that fight enough times, and the charges and dodges are almost like you two are dancing. Felt bad when the final blow hit. Thanks for the last dance, you sandy bastard.
I think I've probably farmed him at least 20 times in HR. I didn't mind it at all because I enjoy the fight so much.

Getting a lot quicker with my Black Diablos kills as well.

I need to learn how to capture a small monster for a bounty and scared to even try a large one..

I still also haven't used any bombs and stuff, and very confused with the slinger thing.

But i finally got a sweet weapon from some Barroth items. It's called a Flaunheusen sword or something and it's got flames.

I need to learn how to capture a small monster for a bounty and scared to even try a large one..

I still also haven't used any bombs and stuff, and very confused with the slinger thing.

But i finally got a sweet weapon from some Barroth items. It's called a Flaunheusen sword or something and it's got flames.

Capturing is super easy, it doesn't really matter the size. Bring 1 trap(shock or pitfall) and some sleep bombs. Fight the monster until it runs off limping, most of the monsters will try to sleep somewhere when near death. Let it go and wait for it to lay down, set a trap up right in front of it, and once the trap engages and the monster is ensnared, use the sleep bomb on it. Sleep bombs are thrown down at your feet and release a big cloud around you. I usually throw it down as close to the head as I can, but I'm not sure that's necessary.

Capturing is super easy, it doesn't really matter the size. Bring 1 trap(shock or pitfall) and some sleep bombs. Fight the monster until it runs off limping, most of the monsters will try to sleep somewhere when near death. Let it go and wait for it to lay down, set a trap up right in front of it, and once the trap engages and the monster is ensnared, use the sleep bomb on it. Sleep bombs are thrown down at your feet and release a big cloud around you. I usually throw it down as close to the head as I can, but I'm not sure that's necessary.

Thanks as always man! should i upgrade every armor i forge? I think i have a bunch of the armor spheres saved up. Im trying to get Anjanath armor or something. Right now all i have is high metal. Any suggestions for how to create a nice set. Wish i could find one in a treasure box Skyrim style haha.

Thanks as always man! should i upgrade every armor i forge? I think i have a bunch of the armor spheres saved up. Im trying to get Anjanath armor or something. Right now all i have is high metal. Any suggestions for how to create a nice set. Wish i could find one in a treasure box Skyrim style haha.

I didn't upgrade any armor until the last fight few hunts in Low Rank and I was using a mixed set of Pukei and Rathian. I would save your armor spheres until you at least get a piece of armor you plan on keeping for a while. I posted a link a little while ago and updated the OP with the link as well. It has all of Low and High rank armor sets, lists the skills and any of the set bonuses.

You're play style will depend on what you think is a good set or not. Something that appeals to me that uses a Great Sword, may not be very benificial to someone that uses Dual Swords, and garbage to someone that uses ranged weapons.

So before you decided on an armor set you want to shoot for, you should lock down what weapon you want to focus on. Once you do that I would read up a little on what it's strength/weakness are and that will give you a good feel for what skills you should be focusing on. Once you know what skills you want to shoot for, you can take a look at the list and start gear planning. For example, status ailments are inflicted a little bit per hit until you've inflicted enough of the ailment that it finally takes effect. So fast weapons like the Dual Swords and Sword and Shield are great for doing a Poison build. Big slow weapons like the great sword have a harder time inflicting the ailment.

Honestly for Low Rank questing, I wouldn't put to much emphasis on building a great set, since once you hit High Rank the starter armors will outclass most of what you would have gotten by that point, and have better skills.

Man finding these tracks in the ancient forest is a pain in the ass. In other news, I’ve got my charge blade. 3 black Diablos captures, 3 black spiral horn +. Easy peasy.

I didn't upgrade any armor until the last fight few hunts in Low Rank and I was using a mixed set of Pukei and Rathian. I would save your armor spheres until you at least get a piece of armor you plan on keeping for a while. I posted a link a little while ago and updated the OP with the link as well. It has all of Low and High rank armor sets, lists the skills and any of the set bonuses.

You're play style will depend on what you think is a good set or not. Something that appeals to me that uses a Great Sword, may not be very benificial to someone that uses Dual Swords, and garbage to someone that uses ranged weapons.

So before you decided on an armor set you want to shoot for, you should lock down what weapon you want to focus on. Once you do that I would read up a little on what it's strength/weakness are and that will give you a good feel for what skills you should be focusing on. Once you know what skills you want to shoot for, you can take a look at the list and start gear planning. For example, status ailments are inflicted a little bit per hit until you've inflicted enough of the ailment that it finally takes effect. So fast weapons like the Dual Swords and Sword and Shield are great for doing a Poison build. Big slow weapons like the great sword have a harder time inflicting the ailment.

Honestly for Low Rank questing, I wouldn't put to much emphasis on building a great set, since once you hit High Rank the starter armors will outclass most of what you would have gotten by that point, and have better skills.

Pretty much agree with everything dinkin said. Some weapons need set bonuses a lot more than others IMO though. I just bought the highest def armor I could until nerg while playing through with chargeblade. Thank goodness for the samurai skin!!!

Adding on to what Dinkin said (and he's mentioned it before) bring ingredients for more traps with you. Even if the Monster is hurt and you trap/tranq it, it may not be caught. Can only carry one of each (pitfall/shock) in inventory but you can carry ingredients for more. My Palico uses the Flashfly gadget (and the Thundercage? upgrade) and i've caught monsters after shocktrap/tranq the next time they hit a thundercage trap.

Also, even if it calls for you to kill the monster, you can catch it and it counts, and it gives you more rewards at the end. (Although i think parts like Plates don't drop in catches, but you can carve them, iirc)

Last edited:
Beat that dragon of steel, only 2 carts. And they were cheap too, from when he turns the whole arena into a tornado and you just get stunlocked

Back