Multiplatform Monster Hunter World

What's the eyepatch do? These wikis are garbage.

Was messing around with the long sword made a rarity 7 Nergal Reaver only need a couple of mats for the Exterminations Edge which looks awesome, dragon element plus high elder seal, 693 damage.

Also going for the Catastrophe's Light Insect Glaive. I haven't even used this weapon type yet but i'll try it once i get this upgrade.

I'm wanting to make a couple more bow types. I only have the thunder and ice bows so far.

Doing some tempered investigations and it's amazing how quickly a team of 4 can destroy things, downed 3 tempered Rathians and it took like 3 minutes a piece. Some of the guys i've been matched with are using affinity boosters which are really good. Looking forward to unlocking that.

On HR46 now and it's showing a leveling bar thats going up with each hunt. I've never noticed this before, i'm assuming i need to get to HR50 for new assignments/unlocks.

What's the eyepatch do? These wikis are garbage.

Gives +2 weakness exploit, i haven't used any other headgear across a few weapon types since i made it.

Gives +2 weakness exploit, i haven't used any other headgear across a few weapon types since i made it.
I don't even know what that means lol.

Guess I should do some more reading. I just started looking at set bonuses 80 hours in.

I don't even know what that means lol.

Guess I should do some more reading. I just started looking at set bonuses 80 hours in.

Haha my bad. It means attacks that hit monsters weakpoints do more damage.

Since that is +2 it means that attacks to weakpoints will have 30% more affinity(critical hit damage)

Haha my bad. It means attacks that hit monsters weakpoints do more damage.

Since that is +2 it means that attacks to weakpoints will have 30% more affinity(critical hit damage)
Thanks

Seems crazy not to use. Think I need another Nergigante part for it.

Thanks

Weakness exploit is probably the most powerful single skill in the game. So much damage opportunity from one skill!

Thanks

Yeah. Threw it on and haven’t looked back. Even have an odd looking waist garment because it also has weakness exploit.

Weakness exploit is probably the most powerful single skill in the game. So much damage opportunity from one skill!
Yeah. Threw it on and haven’t looked back. Even have an odd looking waist garment because it also has weakness exploit.
Half the stuff I see ITT I'm completely lost on. Glad I was at least able to beat the game without knowing what I was doing but it seems like there's a ton I'm not taking advantage of.

Half the stuff I see ITT I'm completely lost on. Glad I was at least able to beat the game without knowing what I was doing but it seems like there's a ton I'm not taking advantage of.

I edited the OP and added a link that has all of the Armor Sets, the skills attached to each piece, and the available set bonuses with how many pieces are needed the bonus.

If you know the skills you want, you can just do a key word search to find the pieces that have the skill. The site has it's own search function which is nice, because it shows the whole set if even once piece has the skill your looking for. This helps for gear planning and trying to line up what armor for each slot you're working towards.

I edited the OP and added a link that has all of the Armor Sets, the skills attached to each piece, and the available set bonuses with how many pieces are needed the bonus.

If you know the skills you want, you can just do a key word search to find the pieces that have the skill. The site has it's own search function which is nice, because it shows the whole set if even once piece has the skill your looking for. This helps for gear planning and trying to line up what armor for each slot you're working towards.
{<redford}

On HR46 now and it's showing a leveling bar thats going up with each hunt. I've never noticed this before, i'm assuming i need to get to HR50 for new assignments/unlocks.

After you kill Xeno the HR unlocks from level 15. However, it's been building in the background since it locked, which I think was when you first went into high rank? Anyway, because it was progressing where you couldn't see it, it will jump once you complete the appropriate tempered mission. So after the first tempered story quest it "unlocks" but you could jump straight to the next "locked" level cap of HR29. Most people jump right there because we spent a decent amount of time grinding high rank. It unlocks again (I think after you beat the two tempered Bazels' quest) to 49. I jumped about to HR44 and had to grind up to the next, and final locked rank of HR49. Then you'll get the tempered Kirin quest, after which it unlocks for good with no limit.

One piece of advise that I was glad I stumbled upon on reddit for that time:

After beating tempered Kirin you unlock tempered elder dragon investigations. These investigations are the only ones that can reward you with gleaming streamstones and warrior/hero weapon streamstones, which are required for augmenting weapons and the most rare armor (which you're likely to be wearing). Anywhoo, tempered elder dragon investigations are hard to come by, and are only granted by running around and finding tempered elder dragon tracks, which are rare and only spawn randomly. An easy workaround is BEFORE killing Kirin (the tempered version), just load in and follow him around. He always spawns near the NE camp in the Coral Highlands and wont aggro until you attack him. So just follow him around for a few minutes and collect his footprints to unlock a handful of elder dragon investigations. Ideally, you want to have about 5 or more tempered investigations with at least one of those being a tempered Kirin investigation. That way, should you ever be running low on them, you can just pick the tempered one and repeat the process for more investigations. Otherwise, your only option to get these investigations is to run about the world looking for very rare track, which is just a bore. Just make sure to select RETURN FROM QUEST rather than Abandon Quest, to keep the footprints you found during your Kirin stalking.

Do you happen to know where you get just plain regular streamstones? The elders only drop the gleaming versions, and every other tempered monster I've fought only dropped streamstone shards. I'm trying to find just plain streamstones and am at a loss. I figure they probably drop from specific monsters, but haven't found the particular type yet. Any advice?

Thanks

Yeah you know I’m shit at games and I’m able to solo everything since I got that eyepatch. From what I read I approached the Xenojiiva fight all wrong and it’s actually very easy. I was just treating it like it was dangerous and putting myself in situations to get hit, whereas I’ve seen people compare it to Zorah Magdalos in that it’s an easy boss only there for story progression.

Yeah you know I’m shit at games and I’m able to solo everything since I got that eyepatch. From what I read I approached the Xenojiiva fight all wrong and it’s actually very easy. I was just treating it like it was dangerous and putting myself in situations to get hit, whereas I’ve seen people compare it to Zorah Magdalos in that it’s an easy boss only there for story progression.
I literally just stayed underneath him and hacked away at his front legs and occasionally hitting his tail and head if I was in position. Tedious fight but I don't think I was ever in danger. I know I have no real desire to fight it again.

I also haven't done any MP. I should pry give it a shot.

After you kill Xeno the HR unlocks from level 15. However, it's been building in the background since it locked, which I think was when you first went into high rank? Anyway, because it was progressing where you couldn't see it, it will jump once you complete the appropriate tempered mission. So after the first tempered story quest it "unlocks" but you could jump straight to the next "locked" level cap of HR29. Most people jump right there because we spent a decent amount of time grinding high rank. It unlocks again (I think after you beat the two tempered Bazels' quest) to 49. I jumped about to HR44 and had to grind up to the next, and final locked rank of HR49. Then you'll get the tempered Kirin quest, after which it unlocks for good with no limit.

One piece of advise that I was glad I stumbled upon on reddit for that time:

After beating tempered Kirin you unlock tempered elder dragon investigations. These investigations are the only ones that can reward you with gleaming streamstones and warrior/hero weapon streamstones, which are required for augmenting weapons and the most rare armor (which you're likely to be wearing). Anywhoo, tempered elder dragon investigations are hard to come by, and are only granted by running around and finding tempered elder dragon tracks, which are rare and only spawn randomly. An easy workaround is BEFORE killing Kirin (the tempered version), just load in and follow him around. He always spawns near the NE camp in the Coral Highlands and wont aggro until you attack him. So just follow him around for a few minutes and collect his footprints to unlock a handful of elder dragon investigations. Ideally, you want to have about 5 or more tempered investigations with at least one of those being a tempered Kirin investigation. That way, should you ever be running low on them, you can just pick the tempered one and repeat the process for more investigations. Otherwise, your only option to get these investigations is to run about the world looking for very rare track, which is just a bore. Just make sure to select RETURN FROM QUEST rather than Abandon Quest, to keep the footprints you found during your Kirin stalking.

Do you happen to know where you get just plain regular streamstones? The elders only drop the gleaming versions, and every other tempered monster I've fought only dropped streamstone shards. I'm trying to find just plain streamstones and am at a loss. I figure they probably drop from specific monsters, but haven't found the particular type yet. Any advice?

Great thanks, i wasn't sure how HR would work going forward. I've beat the double Beetlejuice assignment, just doing random tempered investigations until i get to the Kirin assignment then.

I still know very little about end game decoration stuff. I seem to be collecting crap over and over again. I'm not really sure how the gem vendor works either.

High on preworkout I gave Xeno another try. Bad move. Spiked the disc on the floor after the 3rd cart and chucked it in the trash. 80+hours so I consider it I got my money’s worth.

I even hit him with the 3 stalagmites and he still triple carted me. Oh well done with the game.

Great thanks, i wasn't sure how HR would work going forward. I've beat the double Beetlejuice assignment, just doing random tempered investigations until i get to the Kirin assignment then.

I still know very little about end game decoration stuff. I seem to be collecting crap over and over again. I'm not really sure how the gem vendor works either.

It's confusing as hell. I feel like I'm just now starting to get a feel for now after about 5 days post-Kirin. Let me know when you get there and I can give you the rundown. I don't want to throw a wall of text at you now, because it's kinda hard to explain without having the vendors to look at.

High on preworkout I gave Xeno another try. Bad move. Spiked the disc on the floor after the 3rd cart and chucked it in the trash. 80+hours so I consider it I got my money’s worth.

Actually LOL... I can understand a kid doing this but how are you doing this as an adult still?

Back