Montreal gets robbed

MadSquabbles500

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Unfortunately for Montreal, Max requested a trade at a time when his value is at an all-time low. Montreal got Nick Suzuki and a 2nd round draft pick as well, in addition to Tomas Tatar.

The Habs arent contending with or without Max, and it looks like they're trying to pick up some young talent to rebuild. They already have some good young talent, and are one of the youngest teams in the league. I wonder what that means for Shea Weber and Carey Price.
Weber is 33 years old, and has 8 years left on his contract at a $7.8 Million cap hit/year. Price is 31 years old, and has 8 years left on a $10.5 Million cap hit/year. IMO, I dont see Weber sticking around a long time, as they have almost 0% chance of winning a Stanley Cup in the next few years.

Zero chance of even making playoffs for the next 2-3 years imo

Poor Price,we will see how loyalty will get you nothing from this gm/owner.

Should have kept Galchenyuk!!
:sniper:

Zero chance of even making playoffs for the next 2-3 years imo

Poor Price,we will see how loyalty will get you nothing from this gm/owner.

Should have kept Galchenyuk!!
:sniper:
I'd say loyalty is a two way street. Price wasn't getting 10.5 anywhere but Montreal, he had the leverage of being the only bright spot on the team, at least before last season. I like Suzuki, but that pick will be almost a third rounder most likely, and Tatar fell off a cliff last season. Getting Domi straight up for Chucky was much worse though, and I really like Domi, but he's not making them a winner any time soon. Bergevin has made some of the worst moves I can remember out of a still employed GM.

Montreal just got robbed.

They traded Pacioretty for nothing. They get no scoring back. What are they going to do?

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/24636006/vegas-golden-knights-give-extension-max-pacioretty

Montreal gets Tomas Tatar. Now he isnt a bad player, but still at least get another draft pick.

Lets see what happens with Erik Karlson in Ottawa.

I could not find the NHL thread, where is it?

I usually start them, and I didn't feel like it, and no one else did, feel free to do so if you want, it's almost hockey time, and a couple mods are fans, they'll probably sticky it quick enough. We lost a couple big posters in the last few years like Rals and HugeCan, I dunno where they went, but we basically go through like 1.5 threads a season.

Bergevin has made some of the worst moves I can remember out of a still employed GM.

nhl-draft1.jpg

I'd say loyalty is a two way street. Price wasn't getting 10.5 anywhere but Montreal, he had the leverage of being the only bright spot on the team, at least before last season. I like Suzuki, but that pick will be almost a third rounder most likely, and Tatar fell off a cliff last season. Getting Domi straight up for Chucky was much worse though, and I really like Domi, but he's not making them a winner any time soon. Bergevin has made some of the worst moves I can remember out of a still employed GM.
Think their Twitter will throw shade at Marchand again when he inevitably acts like a rat again? I'm just asking cause Marchand's response was great. Something to the effect of:
"Easy to throw shade when you were out of contention in October"