Montreal to Lift Controversial Pitbull Ban

Regulate these dogs along with every other large and powerful breed. Harsher penalties for all parties including breeders for recklessness making it criminal to be a back yard breeder and parents for leaving children unattended in the event of an attack. All dogs to be leashed at all times and potentially requiring a license to own anything that can potentially kill a person.
That's kind of how I feel about this. Except for maybe the leashed all the time rule. Enjoy herding sheep like that!

Apparently its the responsibility of the rest of the world to come up with overly complicated policy directed at policing these dogs and their owners. According to them they don't need it, but we should be saddled with this because they can't buy a different breed of dog that has a different outcome when it goes wild... No that would be such a huge catastrophe..

Think of how much society suffers when we don't let white trash own vicious DEADLY dogs. OH GOD, THE HUMANITY!
I'm not sure why you think it's white trash that owns the dog as if hip hop culture hasn't over glorified the shit out of the American bully which basically spawned it.

My idea has been stated here numerous times. Hold owners legally responsible for their dogs actions. It kills someone elses dog, you get the animal cruelty charge, it kills a person, you get manslaughter, it maims, you get the reckless endangerment causing bodily harm. I will ask this though:

Ok, so you're at a park and two people who aren't great owners have their dog there. One owns a pitbull, the other a golden retriever. One attacks your kid.

Now, some how this is in your hands and you get to determine which dog attacks your child but you can't stop it. Which do you pick? Why?
Ok but what's the point of even asking that?

We can go up and down that ladder all day. Would you rather a golden retriever or a poodle? A poodle or a chihuahua?

When it's a kid it hardley matters what attacks them if they are of a decent size and usually it's the same result

Do you want me to just tell you that the pitbull has more kill potential?

A couple of years ago I saw a picture of a kid with her face bitten off by a Dachshund and another by a mini poodle.
If you bann 1 breed of dog, you should bann em all.
Personally I would choose for people having to prove they can handle all types of dogs, by getting some kind of diploma.
If you can't do what Cesar Milan ( Dogwisperer) does you should not be allowed to own any kind of dog, because there is a good chance you will make your dog dangerous.
Problem dogs are in 100% of the cases created by people without the proper knowledge and dedication, it's always the people and never ever the dogs.

Everyone should be able to own tigers because you know...banning something out right just doesnt work.
Plus if you raise them right theyre totally not dangerous

A couple of years ago I saw a picture of a kid with her face bitten off by a Dachshund and another by a mini poodle.
If you bann 1 breed of dog, you should bann em all.
Personally I would choose for people having to prove they can handle all types of dogs, by getting some kind of diploma.
If you can't do what Cesar Milan ( Dogwisperer) does you should not be allowed to own any kind of dog, because there is a good chance you will make your dog dangerous.
Problem dogs are in 100% of the cases created by people without the proper knowledge and dedication, it's always the people and never ever the dogs.

Because animals are computers and it's as simple as making sure they have the proper software installed at one point in time, all that's required. Humans are the same way, it's not like we are subject to environment, genetics, hormones etc. Animals never fail, it's 100% a programming issue you're right.

It's as simple as increasing government agency and increasing red tape, that's the permanent solution. Human owners will obviously be infallible once they pass a few hour course and will be held to that standard for the course for the entirety of the dogs life span..

I am not a dog guy. Frankly i am not a animal person period. But anyone that tells me a golden retriever and a pit bull are equally dangerous has no credibility to me on this issue. If Lassie bites me I am going to get some stitches and that is it and I am pretty sure I am going to snap Lassie's neck no problem. If a pit bull bites me I am probably never going to have full use of that limb again. .If it comes down to it I probably am going to kill the pit bull but not before i suffer some life changing injury.
Well, the pitbull is one of the only breeds that was purely bred to fight. Rottweilers were used as herding dogs as well as bull baiting, hounds were bred to hunt -with the taller ones being 'sight hounds' and the shorter ones being 'scent hounds', retrievers were bred to retrieve shit, Pointers were bred to point at shit, Ridgebacks were bred to hunt lions but the Pitbull was bred to fight. The issue also is with the Pitbull bite that it has a type of lock jaw mechanism and when it bites, often the aw has to be broken with a crowbar to release the grip.

I love the breed but there really should be licenses issued and training courses if one is going to ever own one. They are great dogs, one of the most loyal, affectionate and loving breeds, but in incompetent hands, they can be lethal.

Well, the pitbull is one of the only breeds that was purely bred to fight. Rottweilers were used as herding dogs as well as bull baiting, hounds were bred to hunt -with the taller ones being 'sight hounds' and the shorter ones being 'scent hounds', retrievers were bred to retrieve shit, Pointers were bred to point at shit, Ridgebacks were bred to hunt lions but the Pitbull was bred to fight. The issue also is with the Pitbull bite that it has a type of lock jaw mechanism and when it bites, often the aw has to be broken with a crowbar to release the grip.

I love the breed but there really should be licenses issued and training courses if one is going to ever own one. They are great dogs, one of the most loyal, affectionate and loving breeds, but in incompetent hands, they can be lethal.

What about the Chinese war dogs. How aggressive are those?

Montreal has a ban on controversial pitbulls? Once again a government wants to silence nonconformists. I say all pitbulls, regardless of lifestyle, politics and philosophy, should be welcome in Montreal.

Not shocking. Canada gleefully allows their country to be overrun by barbaric foreign invaders, so its no shock they have no problem with dangerous breeds like Pitbulls.

Only the most moronic apologist can deny the inherent risk they present, and yet somehow they're still so prevalent.

Back